Sequel: Ready to Start
Status: finished, but the story never ends. continuation soon.

Means the World

3.

Elise was walking in a muggle mall with Angelina and Alicia.

“So have you gone out with Oliver?” Angelina asked, touting a heavy shopping bag.

Elise looked down and smiled. “Yeah, I have.”

Alicia squealed. “What do you think?”

Elise bit her lip. “He’s a lovely guy. I like him…we have another date this weekend.” She said, biting back a smile.

Alicia smiled. “That’s lovely, Elise. I’m glad to see you’re over Fred.”

Elise pretended to be interested in a shirt. “So how has he been lately?” she asked.

Angelina shrugged. “He’s quiet, a lot quieter than he was before. But he’s managed. He and George have been doing amazing things ever since they broke out of Hogwarts.”

Elise laughed. “They actually broke out of Hogwarts?” she asked.

Alicia giggled. “Let’s just say it involved the OWLs, fireworks, a dragon, and broomsticks.”

Elise was laughing, but her face dropped. She had missed it.

“It’s a good thing you missed that year, Elise. It was horrible. Quidditch got ruined, we all were punished like fuck, and it was just horrible.” Angelina said softly. “That Umbridge woman hates half breeds. She would’ve found any way to punish you. She punished Harry every day.”

“How are they, Harry, Ron, and Hermione?” Elise asked eagerly.

Alicia shrugged. “Harry’s in a right mood; his godfather died. Ron and Hermione are okay; I swear every day that they should just get together already.” She said, rolling her eyes.

“And how is Katie?”

Angelina shrugged. “She’s fine. She’s a bit quiet now, ever since all the crap that happened.”

“Hey, let’s not talk about this. How about we talk more about how Elise is going out with Wood.” Alicia winked.

“It’s not a big deal.” Elise scoffed. “He’s just a guy.”

“He’s just a guy that’s really into you.” Angelina reminded her. “He likes you a lot I heard.
George said he hasn’t stopped talking about you sine he met you.”

“So what are you guys doing on your date?” Alicia inquired.

Elise bit her lip. “We’re going to dinner together. The first date he took me to a Quidditch match; he actually played.”

Angelina chuckled. “He tried to impress you, I see. Having Fred come before him is a hard act to follow.”

“How so?” Elise asked.

Alicia sighed. “A lot of people are intimidated by the Weasley brothers. Maybe it’s their wit and charm, their looks, or the fact that they’re geniuses who choose not to harness their power. But either way, it’s a threat.”

*~*~*~*

Fred shoved stacks of love potions on the shelves. It was a slow day at the store; they’d just finished up a big promotion and the sale was over. Besides, school was quickly approaching and the kids were bound to be off anyway.

“George, did you get in the order from Ralph?” he asked.

George looked up. “The order for the pearl dust from Japan…yeah, it’s coming in Thursday.” He announced.

Fred nodded as the door opened. It was Oliver for the tenth time that week. He groaned and came down, masking his unhappiness with a smile. “What’s up, Wood?”

Oliver grinned. “So I just tweaked the plans…dinner at Barth’s restaurant and then a
midnight broom ride…how does that sound?” he asked.

“I appreciate the gesture, but I don’t want to go out with you.” George joked.

Oliver rolled his eyes. “No, for my date with Elise. What do you think?”

“Sounds great, mate. Now we’re closing up.” Fred announced. Oliver grinned, waved, and quickly backed out of the store. As soon as the door shut, Fred let out an angry groan.

“What’s that, brother?” George asked cheekily.

“I can’t believe she’s going out with him…I’d figure she’d have better taste.” Fred said angrily.

“Who?” George asked innocently.

“Elise! Who else?” Fred barked.

George laughed. “Looks like you’re not over her like you said you were.” George reminded him.

Fred rolled his eyes. “What is it to you?”

George chuckled. “Nothing…hurry up, the Order meeting is soon.”

*~*~*~*

Elise was in her dad’s house. She was sitting on his couch while he stood up, yelling at her.

“Do you think I’m going to let you risk your life?” he barked.

“I’m fully prepared to accept the risks.” Elise said calmly.

“Do you understand how much this undertaking is?” he screamed.

“I’ve already been there, the charm lays with me as well. I might as well join them.” She said, firm. “You can’t stop me, Papa. I’m over age. You don’t control me anymore.”

Anton Seymour knew he was defeated.

“Alright, I’ll bring you to the Order meeting.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ooh snap.