Sequel: Ready to Start
Status: finished, but the story never ends. continuation soon.

Means the World

4.

The twins lolled around lazily. Half of the order hadn’t arrived yet; there were coming in shifts to avoid garnering attention. They were with their mother, father, Bill, his fiancée Fleur, Tonks, and Remus. Ginny and Ron were left at home.

“So what’s this meeting all about?” Fred asked.

Kingsley popped into the room. “Alright, we’re almost ready. The only other person missing is Anton.” He said.

Fred grunted at the mention of Elise’s father. He wasn’t much of a nice guy to him; he knew Fred was in love with her and refused him contact with her.

Two figures were seen in the hallway. Anton appeared in the room, looking upset. Behind him was Elise, looking rather haughty.

“Elise, what on earth are you doing here?” Molly asked.

“She wants to be inducted in the order.” Anton said.

“No!” said a collective group. It was Fred and Molly. Elise shot them all dirty looks.

“I’m old enough. Besides, I’m an outsider who knows about the Order. You might as well induct me.”

“How did she know about the order?” Kingsley asked, upset.

Elise pointed a finger at Fred, who turned red. “He brought me here a summer ago and told me about it.”

Molly gasped. “Fred!” The all seemed to recall seeing her being dragged out of the room screaming.

All he could do was shrug.

“I say we do it, everyone. Elise is a genius. You have no idea what she can do.” George said slowly. “Besides, she works at the ministry and she can be another tap in.”

Fred shot George an angry look. “Are you serious? It’s too dangerous.”

Elise cleared her throat. “You’re not my boyfriend; you can’t tell me what to do.”

“Oh, does Oliver get to?” Fred asked before he could stop himself. Her mouth hung open.

“Alright, alright, I say we just induct her.” Remus said.

“It’ll be a comfort, more women in the order.” Tonks winked. Elise smiled weakly.

Kingsley took her arm to make the unbreakable vow. “Elise Claire Seymour, do you vow to be loyal to the Order of the Phoenix in all ways?”

“I do.” She replied. Fred winced.

“Do you swear to fight against the evil of the wizarding world and protect the Order of the Phoenix until disbanded?”

“I do.” There was a pained look on both Anton and Fred’s faces as the incantation was finished. The gold strands surrounding their hands linked and burst.

“Welcome to the Order of the Phoenix.” Kingsley said. “Now, on to business. We’re moving Headquarters.”

“Where to?” George asked.

“We don’t know. It just doesn’t feel right here now that Sirius is gone.” Remus stated sadly.
“We’re waiting for further instruction from Dumbledore. He’s currently travelling on a top secret mission. It has to do with Voldemort’s mortality, he told me. But first and foremost, we’re planning Harry’s escape.”

“How so?” Elise quipped. Fred stared at her.

“When he turns seventeen, his home will no longer be safe. We have to get him to safety; preferably the Burrow if you don’t mind, Molly.” Kingsley said.

“Of course not, he’s as good as my son.” She said firmly. “He’ll be there for the holidays this year as well.”

“Right. Now we also have to evacuate his Muggle relatives. They can’t stay there any longer; once Harry is available, they are as well. They might use them as bait.”

The meeting went on, and then they disbanded. Kingsley quickly left to go back to protecting
the Muggle minister. Tonks and Remus left within minutes. Bill and Fleur had wedding planning to do, which they took Molly and Arthur along. That left Fred, George, Elise, and Anton to clear up and lock the house.

“I’m going back to work.” Anton said, kissing Elise’s forehead. He glared at the two boys before leaving.

“Why’d you have to join?” Fred asked Elise, pained.

“I’m stronger than most.” She said, her voice not faltering.

“But Elise, come on. It’s dangerous.” He cried.

Elise whipped around at him. “You cannot decide what I want to do with my life! Besides, what damage is it that I’m with Oliver?”

“I don’t think he’s right for you.” He stated firmly.

“Why is that?” she asked sarcastically. “Who do you think is right for me? You?”

“Maybe.” He hollered back.

“You lost your chance when you never wrote back.” She hissed, leaving quickly.

“What rubbish…” Fred rolled his eyes. George winced.

“You two have it out…but she’s right, mate. You have no control.”