Sequel: Ready to Start
Status: finished, but the story never ends. continuation soon.

Means the World

5.

Elise angrily stomped into her father’s apartment. “Je suis mal!” she screamed. He obviously wasn’t home.

She ran over to the bookshelf. Maybe there was a book about hexes that she could use on Fred. God knew she wanted to hex him into oblivion after what he said to her. She started pulling books from the bookshelves. Just then, a stack of envelopes fell out.

She picked it up. Written in messy boy handwriting, it was addressed to her. She popped the seal and read it.

Dear Elise,
You haven’t written me back. I’ve written you every day for nearly two months now…if you’re getting these, I’m going to slow down a bit. My hand hurts and I’ve been neglecting my homework.

Anyway, that Umbridge is a bitch. She’s torturing us. I can’t stand it. Sometimes I think about just apparating out of this hell hole to France. I’d live in your dorm room and we’d be fine. I can’t leave George though, and no one can apparate out of Hogwarts. I might try the next time at Hogsmeade.

George and I are talking about leaving before the end of term. Dumbledore isn’t doing shit; I might as well join the order. I love you and I miss you. I hope everything is alright in France. Maybe you’re too busy to write me back. In that case, get un-busy because I miss you.

Love, Fred


She stared at the stack. There were tons of them.

Suddenly the door opened. Elise turned to see her father standing there. His mouth was agape. “Elise, it’s not what it looks like.” He said softly.

She picked up the letters and left, stomping her way out.

She swore that was the last time she’d ever speak to her father.

*~*~*~*

“Are you alright then?” George asked Fred.

Fred shrugged. “I’m just a little tired. Tonight will be slow.”

It was a Friday night and Oliver wasn’t coming over for the first time in forever. He was stuck training. Fred and George set out plates for Angelina and Alicia. They guessed Elise wasn’t coming after the big fight after the Order meeting.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. It had been raining. Fred opened to see a drenched Elise. She was soaking wet, carrying a large bag. Her hair was starting to curl.

“I had to come.” She said hoarsely.

George grabbed a shirt and Fred shrunk a pair of pajama bottoms for her to wear. Angelina dried her hair so it was back to its original curl.

“I tried to apparate into the shop, but I couldn’t.” she shivered.

“We put a jinx on it so people can’t do it. It’s on our apartment as well; only after ten in the morning until ten at night.” George stated. “Anyway, come on, get some hot food into you.”

They ate. Elise seemed in good cheer. Fred was curious about her; why was she so happy?
After dinner, they sat on the couch. They bewitched glasses to fill with firewhiskey. Angelina and Alicia only drank one, as did George. Fred felt a little tipsy; however, Elise had little tolerance for alcohol. She was giggly and falling over.

At the end of the night, Angelina and Alicia stood at the door. “Are you sure you don’t want to come with us?” Angelina asked hesitantly.

“Nope.” Elise giggled, falling over again.

As it drew closer to midnight, Fred was drunk. Elise was slurring and could hardly walk on her own.

“Mate, we should get her home.” George said.

“I’ll take her.” Fred said. He took Elise’s hand and they ran out of the apartment without a word. George sighed. He’d never understand their relationship.

*~*~*~*

Fred and Elise walked through the pouring rain to her flat. Elise opened the door and stumbled inside. Fred followed her.

It was decorated lavishly. It looked like a dorm room at Beauxbatons. There were books strewn across the room and the kitchenette was clean without a spot to be seen.

Elise pulled out another bottle of firewhiskey and threw it at him. Fred, with reckless abandon, popped it open and drank.

Minutes later, they were sitting on the couch. Fred was too drunk to move.

“Guess what I found today.” Elise slurred.

“What?” he fumbled.

“I found all the letters you sent me in seventh year. My dad was hiding them all. Fancy that.” She blubbered, throwing yellowing envelopes at him.

“He kept them all from you?” he asked.

Elise nodded. “You never got to tell me you love me. Because I love you. And I’m going to love you more than I’ll ever love anyone else.” She hiccupped.

“How about Wood?” he asked darkly.

“Wood’s alright, but he’s not you.” She whispered. She started taking off her wet shirt. “I’m
freezing.” She said.

Fred took her waist and they rushed to her bedroom. He pulled off her jeans, not even trying at the button or zipper. She ripped his shirt open and threw the sopping wet fabric at the floor. His jeans came off too and so did both of their underwear.

“I love you.” He said gruffly. “I don’t want anyone else to have you but me.” He said, knocking her legs apart.

She groaned. “I don’t want anyone else.” She murmured.

Fred fell on top of her and the rest was history.
♠ ♠ ♠
OOOH SHIT,