Sequel: Ready to Start
Status: finished, but the story never ends. continuation soon.

Means the World

7.

“Good morning, Winston.” Elise said chipperly. She was sitting at her desk sorting papers.

The older Auror stared at her curiously.

“What has you in such a good mood?” he asked.

Elise shook her head. “I don’t know, I’m just happy right now.” She said.

After the beginning of the morning, Elise went down to leave. She was going to grab something for lunch when she ran into a tall blonde girl. “Oh, I’m sorry.” Elise apologized.

“No, no, it is my fault.” said the girl. Elise’s jaw dropped when she turned around.

“Fleur Delacour, is that you?” she asked.

Fleur gasped. “Elise, you look so different!” The older girl swept her into a hug.

Elise hugged her tightly. “What are you doing here?” she asked incredulously. “Last I heard, you were travelling.”

Fleur blushed. “I came here to work at Gringotts to work on my English.” She stated. Elise nodded; she noticed she spoke clearly. “While I was here, I met someone.”

A tall red haired man walked up from behind and took Fleur’s hand. “Hello Love.” He said happily.

Elise gasped. “You’re getting married!” she shrieked.

Fleur laughed. “Yes, I am. This is Bill Weasley. Bill, this is one of my oldest friends, Elise.”

Elise’s smile faded at the name. “You’re related to Fred and George Weasley?” she asked.

Bill nodded. “Yes, they’re my younger brothers.” He said warmly.

Fleur burst out laughing. “Elise dated both of them.”

Bill whistled. “My brothers got lucky.” He joked.

Elise blushed, but ignored the jab. “So when is the wedding?”

Fleur grinned. “It’s next August…we wanted some time to plan it. But you must come to dinner tonight. It’s at the Weasleys house. How about we pick you up and we’ll all go together.” She said happily.

Elise grinned fakely. “Sure, why not.”

*~*~*~*

Fred set the plates up. “Now why are we adding an extra set?” he asked his mother.

Ginny sighed. “Phlegm is bringing a guest.”

“Why couldn’t Harry come sooner?” Ron complained. “The holidays are nearly over.”

Mrs. Weasley hushed all her children. “Fred, don’t complain. Ginny, stop calling your future sister in law Phlegm. Ronald, Harry will come with Dumbledore wants him to.” She snapped. She was rather frazzled by the event that was happening.

Bill’s patronus appeared. “We’re on our way.” It said. The family quickly gathered in the living room to greet the happy couple and their friend.

The fireplace turned green and out stepped three figures. Bill had his hand on Fleur’s shoulder. Fleur was holding hands with none other than Elise.

The family all blinked at Elise. Of course, Mrs. and Mr. Weasley recognized her, as did the twins. However, Ron and Ginny’s jaws dropped. They both ran at her, attacking her with hugs.

“Hi guys.” Elise laughed, patting the both of them.

“We thought we’d never see you again!” Ron exclaimed.

“You look so different!” Ginny gasped.

The whole party sat down to dinner. “So when does school start?” Elise asked them.

Ron spoke through his chews. “We go back in a week. Hermione and Harry will be here soon.” He pointed out.

Elise smiled. “Tell them I say hello.”

Ginny pouted. “But you must come to see them!”

Elise chuckled. “I don’t know if I’ll have time; the office is very busy.” She pointed out.

“You work in the Auror office, don’t you?” Arthur asked.

Elise nodded. “I’m the secretary…it’s not much fun, but it pays well. Besides, I suppose my dad wants me to work there so he can keep an eye on me.” She said, rolling her eyes.

“You could always work for Fred and George, dearie.” Mrs. Weasley said, winking at Fred. Fred turned bright red.

Elise coughed. “Oh, I’d love that, but I don’t think I’d be very good.”

“She’s dating Oliver, Mum.” Fred said quietly.

Mrs. Weasley’s face went into shock. “You’re seeing Oliver Wood?”

Elise turned bright red. “Well I’ve only been seeing him for a little while…thanks for sharing, Fred.” She hissed.

“Why would you want to see Wood?” Ron asked.

"That's what she said." Ginny murmured.

Ginny, George, and Bill snickered. Fred turned even redder as George shot him a knowing look. Elise saw that and gave Fred an even more upset look.

“How about we talk about the wedding.” Fleur burst in, trying to break the tension.

“Oh yes, I’d love to hear about it.” Elise said in a sickly sweet voice.

Fred groaned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ginny wins the awesome award.