Sequel: Ready to Start
Status: finished, but the story never ends. continuation soon.

Means the World

8.

“Ginny and Gabrielle are going to be my bridesmaids; Charlie will be Bill’s best man.” She said happily. “You should see the dress, Elise.”

“I’d love to.” Elise said, grinning genuinely for the first time.

“You should have a part in the wedding; you’re one of Fleur’s oldest friends.” Bill pointed out.

“Oh, she could be a reader.” Mrs. Weasley said ecstatically.

Elise blushed. “That’s so sweet of you.”

Fleur grinned. “Of course she is going to be a part of the ceremony. Yes, you should be a reader. I like that idea.”

Elise winked at Fleur and they both erupted into giggles.

“So Elise, how long have you been seeing Oliver Wood?” Mrs. Weasley asked casually.

Elise turned pink and looked down. “Oh, not very long, just a couple of weeks actually.” She blurted.

“You’re happy, yes?” Molly asked.

Elise looked down again. “I suppose.” She whispered.

Molly watched Fred. He stared at Elise with all of his might. She began to feel remorse what she’d done to them in their seventh year. She didn’t mean to drive them apart, but she had to do it.

The night ended with Elise stuffed. She could hardly walk. “Thank you so much, Mrs. Weasley.” She said gratefully.

Molly smiled bashfully. “Oh dear, please call me Molly. You’re basically family.”

Elise grinned. “Alright, thank you Molly. I’ll see you around work, Arthur?”

Mr. Weasley smiled. “Of course, Elise.”

“Do you need someone to take you home?” Fred asked quietly.

Elise shivered when their skin touched. “No, no thanks. I’ll just apparate home.” She said.

“Are you sure?” Fred asked.

“Don’t push it, mate.” George whispered.

Elise nodded. “Yes, I’m fine.” She bid them all goodbye and apparated away.

*~*~*~*

It was late at night and Ginny was walking throughout the house. She heard sobbing coming from her mother’s room. She knew her dad wasn’t in there; he was in the garage tinkering with muggle toys.

Ginny pushed the door open to see her mother crouched on the ground. She had a box filled with unopened letters.

“Mum, what are those?” she asked, frozen.

Molly Weasley wiped her eyes. “Nothing dear.” She chirped.

Ginny didn’t believe her. She walked over and pulled a letter out of the box. “This is from Elise to Fred…but Fred said he never got any mail from her.” She said slowly.

“Alright, her father and I intercepted the letters.” She said hastily.

Ginny gave her mom a sad look. “Why would you do that, Mum? Do you see him now? Do you see how unhappy he was, and how sad he still is?”

It took all of Mrs. Weasley not to cry again. “You don’t think I feel bad about it? They were exchanging information about the Order and Umbridge was reading them. Plus, Anton just wanted to keep Elise safe…so I thought I might as well.” She whimpered.

“You have to give them to him, Mum. He’ll regret it his entire life…he’ll hate her.” Ginny stated.

“When he’s ready, Gin.”

*~*~*~*

Elise opened the door to her apartment. It was weird being inside of it. She changed into a pair of pajamas and fell into bed. It smelled like smoke and cologne. She groaned, knowing the smell would haunt her for quite some time.

Elise sat up and turned on the light. She looked at the floor; there was a ripped shirt. It was Fred’s. She didn’t know why she didn’t think of using a spell to repair it in the first place.

“Accio.” She muttered. She shirt flew into her open hand. “Reparo.” The shirt reattached itself together. Elise pressed it to her nose; it smelled just like the sheets did.

She dropped it. “No.” she whispered to herself.

She didn’t want this. Why was she doing this? Just because she found letters didn’t mean they were automatically in love again. It didn’t mean a thing.

Besides, she liked Wood. Oliver was a sweet guy and he treated her like she was precious.
Suddenly, there was a knock at her door. She ran over and opened it. Standing in the hallway was Fred, looking exhausted. “Can I come in?” he asked.

“Sure.” Elise said, dumbfounded. He walked in and sighed.

“What’s wrong, Fred?” Elise whispered.

“I can’t get you off my mind.” He croaked. “I just can’t…I know that night was supposed to be forgotten and everything, but I can’t.” he croaked. “I just want to be with you, be close to you.”

Elise hugged him and he hugged her back. She found his lips and he took off his jacket and threw it on the couch. They made their way into the bedroom.

“Fred, we shouldn’t.” Elise gasped in between kisses. But she found she wasn’t pushing him away, but pulling him closer.

It wasn’t healthy.
♠ ♠ ♠
36 days to finish this story? challenge accepted.