Status: Completed Guuyyyyz

Just Whisper, I Can Find You In A Crowd

This Is Twice Now

I took my lunch break to go home and get a shower and get out of john’s clothes. I managed to get pass without Garrett and Kennedy noticing what I had been wearing all day.

I returned to the hospital right on time. I never got to eat due to the 20 minute lunch time, I eyeball the vending machines, the little snacks looked so good. I hurry over and get me some food and a drink.

“Didn’t you eat?” comes a voice from behind.

I turn to see Kennedy. “Er, uh no, I had to go run some errands during my lunch break”

“Oh, and you expect that little bag of chips to fill you up?” he questioned.

I look down at the bag, it all of a sudden becoming less appealing. “I guess not”

Kennedy smiled at my response “Well come on” he motions as he walks towards the office.

“What? What do you mean?”

“I’m going to take you for some lunch” he replied opening the door, waiting for me to come.

“I guess that’d be okay” I said walking out the door behind him.

He took me to a little old diner down the street, so we walked there. It was little and mostly had old people sitting around talking to each other and drinking coffee. The waitress greets us with a sweet smile and walks us to a booth that sat clear in the back of the diner. She then took our drinks and left.

“This place is cute” I beam. “Old people are just so precious”

Kennedy laughs. “I guess they can be”

“Thanks for getting me lunch, I’m starved”

“You’re welcome” says Kennedy taking a sip from the drink the waitress had brought him. “Isn’t your intern ship almost over?”

I was taken back by his question; I never realized that my summer intern job was pretty much over. I was to busy with John to notice it. What would I tell John?

“I um, I don’t know, Is it?” I ask.

“Well the contract said it’d be up July 30th” says Kennedy looking at his phone “and today’s the 28th”

My stomach then began to feel like someone hit me with a pole, I could feel the tears tugging at my eyes. I wanted to be sick. The food that sat in front of me suddenly looked grossed and I wanted to leave.

The rest of lunch I sat there starring at the window, thinking about how’d I’d tell john that I was going back to Ohio, back to the dorms that reeked like alcohol and weed, all the bitchy ass girl that prance up and down the halls like they own the place, but in the end none of that mattered because I was leaving and John couldn’t come with me. I was lost in my thoughts while Kennedy went on and on about stuff I wasn’t listening to.

Kennedy had eaten everything on his plate and was paying the check, while I scrapped my food into a box and sat in silence. Kennedy gave me a sympathetic smile before motioning to the door.

We walked in silence as we approached the hospital.

“If you want to talk about anything, you know where I am” Kennedy says pulling me into a hug.

“Thanks Kenny, just a lot on my mind right now” I reply letting loose from the hug.

“I know, like I said I’m here” he said before walking on up the hall.

I turn and walk to John’s door, just standing there, my hand just inches away from the door handle. I didn’t know how to approach john with the bad news.

This was going to suck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah yeah been awhile, there is probably like not that many chapter left in this story. :/ but comment and stuff