Status: Completed Guuyyyyz

Just Whisper, I Can Find You In A Crowd

Little Bit Of The Truth

I took off half the day today to clean my house for this weekend. My family are a bunch of neat freaks and I know they wouldn’t appreciate they state it is in now. What can I say? I work a lot. I had stacks of dishes and lots of laundry to do. It kind of looked like I haven’t cleaned in years, and if I keep it up, it won’t be cleaned for years.

(: (: (:

Before I knew it, it was time to go in for work. I’d managed to get the dishes done, clothes washed, room cleaned, and carpet scrubbed. I’d just have to finish my cleaning when I got home.

I rushed up stairs to get a quick shower, and put on less dirty clothes. After that I rush back down to slip on my shoes and rush out the door. I was going to be a tad bit late.
I was right; I was like 10 minutes late. John’s probably getting tired of me being late; He nearly ate my head off the other day for being late. I don’t know why it really mattered, but I guess I was with Kennedy. That shouldn’t even bother John…..unless. Nah, snap out of it Ash and get to work.

The first thing on my list was to go give Sam her medication and explain myself for not being in the last couple days. I approach her door, knocking very quietly. “Come in!” yells Sam from the other side of the oak door. I open it to Sam in the open bathroom doing her hair.
“Hey” I blurt out as I enter the room.

She turns and a smile comes across her features. “Hi!”

“Look” I start putting her cup full of meds on the table “I’m sorry”

“For?” asks Sam coming towards me.

“Not spending any time together, I’ve been too busy with John, and well, I’m sorry”.

“Ash” chuckles Sam “Shut up! It’s your job to take care of John, just as it’s your job to take care of me”

My mind didn’t really process what Sam was trying to tell me, I was apologizing for not taking care of her properly. She really wasn’t making any sense. “What do you mean?”

“Meaning, Ash, I’m your patient not friend” she explains “I mean we are friends, but we’re not obligated to be more than me being your patient”

“Sam, It’s not like that, It’s John has been keeping me busy and I feel bad and ugh. I’ll start coming back over here more”

Sam laughs. I was kind of confused as to what she thought was so funny. I don’t find forgetting, well not forgetting but not taking care of my patient properly funny. I guess I never really realized how much time I was spending on John.

“It’ll be okay Ash, now shut up, yeah?”

I take a seat on Sam’s bed and look up at her with a face of confusion. Damn she made no sense at all. “Okay” I innocently reply.

“So, how long have you liked him?” asks Sam.

I shot my head up to give her a disapproving look. “W-what?” I stutter. “W-who?”

“Kennedy” replies Sam going back towards the bathroom.

I chuckle. “I don’t like Kennedy”

“Oh please, I saw you two go out to lunch the other day”

“Yeah?” I snapped “It was because he felt bad because he pissed me off by me making fun, well not watching what he was saying about John, I DO NOT LIKE KENNEDY”

Sam didn’t say anything. Her not saying anything made me nervous. If there’s one thing I knew about Sam it’s that when she’s quiet, anything could come out of her mouth at any second. She turned and leaned against the sink and gave me a curious look.

“So, it’s not Kennedy…” she says, the smile on her face getting wider “It’s John”

Is she kidding right now?

“Yeah….right” I chuckle. “John’s my patient, not a crush, just my patient”

“Dude, you like him” she argues.

“You’re dead wrong”

“And he likes you!” she shouts slamming down her flat iron and coming over to where I sat on the bed.

“How would you know?” I ask.

“He talked to you didn’t he?”

I nod.

“And John must like you because he doesn’t talk to anyone except Jared”

Sam had a point, but there was absolutely no way John liked me. Sam really needed to take her meds.

“How did John feel about you going on that date with Kenny?” asks Sam.

“First off, it wasn’t date!” I snap. “And secondly, he got kind of mad, I guess”

“See!” she screams “See! He likes you!”

“Does not!” I shout back.
“Whatever Ash, you know he likes you and you just don’t want to admit it, just like you won’t admit you like him just as much!”
“Shut up, Sam. I do not like John. Now take your meds and I’ll be later” I say walking to the door.
“Are you going to go see John?” she teased.

“He is my patient” I reply.

Sam winks at me. “Ooo patient, kinky”

I roll my eyes and flip her off before walking out the door. Sam is dumb, there’s no way me and John like each other like that, no way.

Or….maybe……No, there’s no way. John could never possibly like me like that…

…..or could he.
♠ ♠ ♠
Going to leave you with this....... (: Comment/subscribe (: