Status: Completed. :)

Last Name

Bruised

John looked around slowly, making sure he had gotten everything he needed from the hotel room. He looked over at Kennedy, finding him zipping up his suitcase after he had gotten all he needed. He gave John a small smile before exiting the room, leaving him to himself. He sighed, sitting at the end of the bed and looking down at the floor.

This was just what he needed. Time alone with his thoughts. He shook his head and closed his eyes tightly, sighing softly again before standing up, zipping up his suitcase and taking it out into the living room where Jared, Garrett and Pat stood talking. He gave them a reassuring smile before he looked over to find Cynthia sitting at the table, alone.

He walked towards the table, sitting down across from her. She looked up at him and smiled, fidgeting with the napkin that was left on the table. He watched her intently, the silence floating around them. He had nothing to say, nor did she. It was slightly obvious. He looked up to find Amanda staring at the both of them. Sighing, he stood up, gave Amanda a small smile and left the table.

Amanda furrowed her eyebrows, scoffing as she rolled her eyes. "I'm really beginning to wonder if he's bipolar."

Cynthia laughed softly, before looking down at the napkin she was beginning to rip into small pieces. Amanda sat in the seat John had taken before he left and looked at her best friend, a slight frown on her face.

"What's wrong, hon?" Amanda asked, putting her hand over Cynthia's as she just shrugged. She looked out the window, not wanting to give that question a straight answer. Besides, she would just begin to criticize what she liked. But that's why she was there. As a best friend, it was her job to address what she did and didn't like.

"Nothing. Let's just, get out of here." Cynthia said, dropping what was left of the napkin and getting up from her seat, walking towards her suitcase. Amanda smiled softly and nodded, doing the same as they grabbed their things, saying bye to the boys as they exited the room.

Cynthia stood at the elevator, waiting for the gold doors to open. She looked back, finding John standing by the door, talking to Kennedy. He looked over at Cynthia, smiled and winked at her before the elevator doors opened.

She looked at the empty elevator before at her friend. "Hold it for me."

"Why?" Amanda asked, becoming confused as she put her hand against one of the elevator doors. Cynthia sped up her walking towards John, John getting the idea as he walked towards her. Cynthia could find Kennedy watching him with furrowed eyebrows, possibly wondering what the hell was going on.

Cynthia wrapped her arms tightly around John's neck, John hugging her tightly as if there were no tomorrow. It wasn't one of those hugs where you could tell that they had something going on. It was a simple embrace, an embrace Cynthia wished would go longer than she hoped. There was no way she was going to let go with the looks of it.

Once John finally let go, which felt like hours later in his mind, he smiled at her. She gave him her number, a small smile coming to her face as he took it.

"Call me when you need to hear a friendly voice. Bye John," she said softly, kissing his cheek and walking back to the elevator. John sighed, watching her walk away as he looked down at the number that was in his hand.

He grabbed his phone out of his pocket, inserting the new contact under Vegas, something that made him smile to himself. Kennedy walked towards him, eyes widened more than John thought was possible.

"Did that just happen, or was it just me?" Kennedy said, smirking as he patted John's shoulder which caused him to flinch. John just rolled his eyes and walked in the room, grabbing his things as the guys followed him out of the room.

"Cynthia, what the hell was that? I mean, you have a boyfriend back home and John's such a jerk! God, you can be so stupid sometimes." Amanda said, rolling her eyes and shaking her head as she looked away from Cynthia.

"You know what, Amanda.. I'm sorry you have such a suck-ish love life, but honestly, you don't have to take it out on me. Honestly, I don't even care what you think about me hugging John or even getting close to him. You don't know him like I do!" Cynthia exclaimed as the elevator stopped, doors opened and Amanda got out, invisible fumes coming out of her ears.

Cynthia sighed and slowly looked down, exiting the elevator as she followed Amanda out the door and to the car she'd be riding in with her. It was going to be a long and quiet journey for both with what she just said. But it was either get it out now or keep it bottled up forever.

Image


As John checked out of the hotel, the guys decided to put their things in the van, including his things. He stood behind two people, guessing that they were a young couple. He looked down and saw that their fingers were intertwined, their ring fingers occupied with rings on them. He mentally groaned to himself.

Once it was his turn, he checked out, seeing it was the same girl who offered him a place to stay. She gave him a small glare as he just rolled his eyes and walked out of the hotel to find the van parked in front of the entrance. He got in the passenger seat as Garrett began driving.

He looked out the window, remembering the first day he spent here. For most people, it'd probably be like Hell to be put in a hotel with people you rarely knew. But it wasn't even like that for him, not even close. He smirked at the thought of Cynthia popping into his head as he rolled his eyes slowly.

"Alright, lover boy, spill!" Kennedy exclaimed, patting his shoulder as John groaned, rolling his eyes again and looked back at Kennedy.

"Uh oh, John actually has an official girlfriend. That's a first!" Garrett exclaimed, chuckling as he looked over at John than back out at the road. John shook his head in disapproval, trying to avoid the subject.

"I'm hungry. I want Taco Bell.." John said softly as Garrett raised an eyebrow. Kennedy chuckled and leaned back in his seat.

"Guess we won't be getting any information from you." Pat said, smirking as he looked out the window, looking at the buildings they had passed. John just shook his head, smiling.

And they weren't going to get shit out of him throughout that entire trip.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last Chapter! :o

Sequel :) Subscribe to that.
By the way, the sequel will be a lot longer than this was. ;)
Thanks for the subscriptions and comments. It means so much! <3 I love ya'll.