Status: Active, but very slow updates!

The Air of a Flame

Prologue

"Monk Gyatso! We are under attack!" I screamed while running as fast as I could from the approaching Fire Nation soldiers.

"Trinity!" the old monk exclaimed. "Where is your brother? Where is Aang?"

"I don't know! I haven't seen him since yesterday!" I said, hysterically. "I'll go and try to find him. AANG! AANG! Where are you!?"

"No! There is no time! Come, follow me. Quickly!" Monk Gyatso said while keeping an eye out for any Firebenders. He led down the corridors of the Southern Air Temple towards the room that held statues of all of the past Avatars. Arriving at the door, I airbended the pipes on the door so that it would open. Hurriedly, he pushed me through the doors and into the room before quickly shutting the door behind us.

"Lie down." He instructed me. Silently, I obeyed.

"What's going to happen?" I asked Monk Gyatso, my mentor, the man I considered my father.

"Don't worry. All I am going to do is put you in a deep sleep. The next time the door is opened, you will awaken." He quickly informed me in a hushed voice.

"Okay..." I said hesitantly. "But what if somethings happens to you, and you don't come back?"

"The spirits of the past Avatars will keep you safe. Now we must hurry." He said gently. "Don't worry, everything will be okay. You trust me, right?"

"I trust you." I said. And that was the last thing I said before I blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a new story. Any comments? Advice? =]