Status: Active, but very slow updates!

The Air of a Flame

Chapter 3

*Trinity’s POV*

Things seemed to calm down after Aang went into what he called the “Avatar State”. He said that when he is in it, all of the past Avatars are connected to him and he can use their energy and bending. The only was though; he didn’t know how to activate it. He said it would just, happen.

Aang and I were still very upset about Monk Gyatso’s death. We both grieved over the loss, and paid our respects to him. We stayed in front of the statue of him for a while, just grieving and trying to get over the fact that he was dead, but now in a better place. Katara and Sokka both just watched us, not knowing what to say or do to help us feel better. When we were both ready, we got up, saying a final goodbye, and left.

When the four of us were walking out, I wondered how they had gotten here. That was, until I saw Appa. A smile made its way onto my face as I ran to the sky bison. Appa and I had always been close, even if he was Aang’s. I quietly cooed to the giant beast, telling him that I had missed him and that he was a good sky bison. While I was talking to Appa, there was a sudden noise from beside us. We all went on guard, before a flying lemur monkey popped out of the bushes.

“Flying Lemur Monkey!” My brother exclaimed. It began to fly away, but I ran and caught it.

“Oh Aang! Can we keep him? He’s so cute!” I gushed about the creature.

“I don’t see why not.” He said. “What do you guys think?”

“I want to eat him for dinner.” Sokka said. I was appalled. I held onto the lemur tighter and turned it away from Sokka.

“It should be fine.” Katara said. I smiled brightly at her.

“How about you little guy? What do you think?” Aang asked the furry creature. He looked at him for a moment before taking the moon peach from Sokka that he had just taken out to eat.

“HEY!” Sokka exclaimed to it. Aang started to laugh as me and Katara giggled.

“I guess that’s a yes.” I said happily. “I’m going to name you…Momo!” Momo looked at me for a moment before going back to eating the peach. “I guess he likes it.” The others shrugged.

We all climbed onto Appa after everything settled, Momo sitting on my shoulders, and then we all took off. The lemur had taking an immediate liking to me and Aang and stayed mainly with us.

“Where are we going Aang?” I asked him. We had been flying for a while, and I had no idea where to.

“We are going to go to the Northern Water Tribe so I can find a Waterbending teacher.” He said to me. I wondered why Katara couldn’t teach him, but didn’t ask because I didn’t want to be rude.

“Oh. I see. So are you going to tell me what happened to you at the Southern Water Tribe?” I said looking at him expectantly. He looked at me sheepishly before replying.

“Well, you see…” he trailed off, wondering how to put things. “When I ran away, it was storming really badly. I guess me and Appa got caught in it, because the next thing I know, I see Katara’s face asking me if I was okay. I felt fine, but I wasn’t really sure how I got there. So Katara and Sokka took me back to their village with them, and I told them I was the Avatar. Everything was okay for a while, me and Katara even went penguin sledding! But then I wanted to go to this abandoned warship, and dragged Katara along with me. We were just looking around before there was a huge explosion! So we ran back to the village and the next thin we know, there are these ships heading for the village. Sokka and the others tried to fight them off, but he was too strong. The leader, who was about Sokka’s age, came and said he was looking for me. He had this huge scar on his left eye, and he was a Firebender. He said his name was Zuko. Then he started threatening the people of the village because he wanted to find me, so I gave myself up to him. So I went on his ship and we set sail for the Fire Nation, I think. Then Sokka and Katara came riding in on Appa and we got into this huge fight before flying away and coming here.”

After he finished his story, I was shocked. He had been through all that in such a short amount of time. “I can’t believe it…” I said in awe. A few seconds later I slapped him hard on his shoulder. “You idiot!” I screamed at him. “Why were you thinking, playing on abandoned warships anyways!?”

“Hehe…sorry sis. I wasn’t really thinking.” He said apologetically.

“I’m just glad you’re okay now.” I said giving him a short hug. After that our group fell into a silence. It wasn’t really an awkward silence, just the type of silence where nobody knew what to say. I started thinking things over in my head before speaking up again. “I think I should keep my Airbending a secret for now.” I said to the others.

“Why?” Katara asked.

“Yeah, we could really use you help when fighting people!” Sokka said while making a punching motion.

“Because, if the fire nation knew there was another airbender, I could be in a lot of trouble. And I don’t need you guys worrying about me and yourselves at the same time. That could put you guys in trouble.” I answered.

“Well, that makes sense. I guess.” Katara said. “But I don’t think you should never bend ever again.”

“Well I would in emergencies. But not in any other circumstance.” I said thinking it over in my head.

After that, we spotted a small island. We decided to land there and stretch our legs.

“No! We can’t take anymore detours if we are going to get to the North Pole.” Sokka said.

When we landed, we were greeted by the sight of Elephant Koi. Aang was extremely excited by them because he always loved to ride them. He ran out and got on one, before the Unagi scared him and he ran back. Katara and I began to scold him, before we were all ambushed. They brought us back to town before they tied us all to a pole.

“We are the Warrior’s of Kyoshi.” The leader said in a threatening tone.

“But you’re just a bunch of girls!” Sokka exclaimed.

“Oh yeah?” The girl said. “You won’t be saying that when we feed you to the Unagi!” Sokka began to apologize, saying that he was just kidding, before Katara spoke up and said that he was stupid and said stuff like that all the time.

“Why have you come here?” They asked us.

“I just wanted to ride the Elephant Koi, I swear!” Aang replied.

“They might be Fire Nation spies!” The leader of the town said. He had come over when we were being tied to the pole. “Kyoshi has stayed out of the war so far, and we plan to stay that way.”

“Hey! I knew Kyoshi!” Aang suddenly exclaimed.

“That’s impossible!” The leader said. “She lived over 400 years ago.”

“Well, I didn’t actually know her, but I did. You see, I am the new Avatar, and she was one of my past lives.” He responded. They all looked at him in disbelief.

“I think he is an imposter!” The leader said. “Let’s throw him to the Unagi!” They began to take him towards the shore, before Aang airbended his way out of their hands.

“An airbender?” The town leader said surprised. “If he is an airbender, then he has to be the Avatar!” Everyone thought it over for a second before they all agreed. They untied us all and apologized for their actions and allowed us to stay on the island for as long as we liked. We found out that the leader of the Kyoshi Warriors name was Suki, and that they were going to have a feast in our honor.

We stayed on Kyoshi for a few days, Aang being surrounded by girls most of the time, and Sokka was being trained by Suki to become a Kyoshi Warrior. I could tell that Katara was jealous of the girls that surrounded Aang, and that she liked him, but I decided to stay out of it. If things got too out of control with Aang, I would talk to him, because I could tell that he liked Katara too.

Aang, being the stupid person that he is, decided to go and attempt to ride the Unagi. He made me and Katara watch him, but as soon as he got on, he got thrown off and started drowning. Katara immediately sprung into action, and got him out of the water and onto land. It was then that we saw the fire nation soldiers approaching the shore. It was being led by a guy, but I couldn’t tell who it was. I was about to ask when my thoughts were answered.

“Zuko.” Katara and Aang said in unison.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is kind of a slow chapter, but things will pick up soon enough! =] Comments and advice are greatly appreciated! =]

P.S. Sorry if there are any typos. I didn't have the time to proofread this. =[