Status: Active

His Royal Highness

HEROES ARE HARD TO FIND

It was the sound of rain hitting glass that woke me up. I lay still, looking over at the hotel room’s widow. The rain seemed to be coming down hard. Groaning, I attempted to pull the covers over my head, but I came up short. I gave another jerk. The blankets were snagged on something. Sitting up, I looked over to see what the problem was, only to see the outline of a very fit body. Eyes wide, I quietly attempted to untangle myself from the blankets, ending up on my back on the floor.

I sucked in a breath through my teeth in pain. Mouthing a long ‘ow,’ I crawled my way over to the dresser I had left my clothes on and reached over, grabbing them. Quickly, I crawled into the bathroom, slamming the door shut with my foot. Sighing, I laid on my back, panting. Who knew that crawling was so… strenuous? Taking a deep breath, I quickly threw my clothes on. Glancing at myself in the mirror, I frowned at the brown curls and waves. Splashing water onto my face and freshening up my tired look a bit, I left the bathroom and set to wake up whoever it was in my bed. Hopefully it would just be Mark.

Crawling across the bed, I gently nudged the man. He was face down on the pillow, so I couldn’t identify him by his face. Nudging him a few more times, he stirred, moving his arms so that they crossed over his head. I felt myself blush at his back muscles rippling beneath his skin. Using my hand, I fanned myself. Bless the Lord for creating men.

Biting my lip, I reached over and took hold of the pillow tightly before yanking it out from beneath him. I watched as his face bounced off the mattress. He groaned despondently and stretched his body out. I felt another wave of heat rush over me as his muscles moved again. I used the pillow to hide my face, peering over its edge. My eyes followed his movements as he went to sit up. Rubbing his hands over his face and through his hair, I felt my heart stop as he turned to look at me.

“Good morning Prince Harry,” came my muffled greeting. Lovely to see you, I thought. It was definitely a good morning.

“Aerabelle,” he muttered. Thank goodness, the room was dark.

“Yes?”

“Close your eyes will you. I’m not, respectable at the moment.”

What did he mean? I let my eyes fall over his figure. I don’t know what he was talking about; he was- Oh. I gasped at what I saw. Good morning to you too little prince. Shutting my eyes, I buried my face into the pillow, turning my body away from him. At least he wore his underwear to bed. I felt the bed move and heard his feet tread across the carpet, followed by the shutting of a door. Looking up, I saw a light peeping through the bottom of the bathroom door.

“That’s so embarrassing,” I breathed out.

Getting up, I opened the curtains to let a bit of the grey light from the storm show through. Quickly I left the room to see the damage of what we’d done last night. Bottles and cans were strewn everywhere. A few broken glasses were left where they shattered. Thankful for shoes, I walked across the carpet without fear. Oh, this was a disaster zone. Pillows were flung all over the place and there was food – pizza mostly – left out. I hardly remembered the scene looking like this, but then again, I hardly remembered much aside from the kiss.

My eyes almost fell out of their sockets. The kiss. I kissed the Prince; no, – not just kissed – snogged. I snogged with the Royal Rebel. Walking over to the kitchenette, I rummaged the cabinet for a glass that was unbroken. I quickly filled it with water and downed it. My life was quickly becoming strange and I only hoped I could handle it all.

Image

“Aerabelle, will you speak to me already?” Harry sighed, standing in one of the entrances to the dining room.

Without so much as looking up, I stood and walked away, exiting through another set of doors. I found myself in the kitchen with the staff. Awkwardly, I backed away a few steps before spotting another door and walking through that one. I found myself in a corridor. Walking about for a bit, I found my way to a room with a piano and stowed away there for the time being. Seating myself on the piano seat, I crossed my legs and continued reading Oscar Wilde’s The Picture of Dorian Gray. It was a curious tale that almost everyone knows, but not many have read. I heard such great things about it and I decided that after Harry’s horrible comment at lunch today that it was an opportune time to start the tale. Thinking about it just made me so embarrassed.

After we’d all woken, Harry took us all out for lunch. Grace canceled for some personal reason or other, but Florence came with us. It had been a nice lunch and everything was pleasant until Florence needed to use the lavatory and asked if I would go in search of it with her. I needed to fix my hair anyways and agreed. When I returned with Florence, it was amid Harry telling John and Mark that he’s had better snogs than me and they laughed at it. Florence proceeded to bitch them out about their gossip over my snogging skills, which only further embarrassed me. Since then I had been silent, only speaking to wish Flo a goodbye and exchange numbers with her.

I suppose Harry feels guilty. He’s been chasing me around this massive home for what I could only reason that he wants to apologize. I won’t let him though. As soon as he apologizes, he’ll feel better and I won’t have it. He’ll be upset and guilty over it until I think it’s fair, or at least until I feel better about myself.

Image

It was about suppertime that I hid away in the bedroom. I caught one of the staff members and has requested something be brought to my room, so when there was knocking on the door, I didn’t really think much of it.

“Who is it?”

“I’ve brought the supper you requested Miss,” a woman called out.

“Oh come in!” I was in the middle of painting my toes a lovely burgundy. The door opened and I looked up to see two figures, one the woman and two the devil.

“You can go now,” Harry said, dismissing the woman and walking in with the tray in his hands. Using his foot, he kicked the door shut and set the tray on the table across the room.

I looked away down at my feet and pressed my lips tightly together. I think my toes need a second coat once they dry. Closing the little vial of color, I set it aside and looked up to see Harry setting the table for what seemed like two. I guess I have to break my vow of silence.

“What do you think you’re doing? I don’t want to eat with you,” I said, frowning at him. He tilted his head and directed a crooked smile right at me, making me blush. Turning back, he continued to set things up. I noticed he brought candles. He’s gone mad. Awkwardly, I got up and walked over, positive that I resembled a penguin. “You nutter, I’m upset with you.”

“I know that,” he said simply, bobbing his head as if he were listening to some music in his head.

“And?”

With grin, he turned to me and pulled out a seat. “And dinner is served.”

Uneasy, I took a seat and he sat himself down as well. It was silent as I pushed my mashed potatoes about on my plate. Everything looked delicious, but I wasn’t ready to start eating yet. Harry, however, dug in easily, slicing up his bit of steak and wolfing down his red cabbage.

“You’re a downright git,” I stated, setting my fork down.

“I suppose you’d like to talk about it now then?” He set his fork and knife down, resting his arms on the edge of the table.

“Yes, and save your apologies until the very end.”

“I suppose that’s only right.”

“Well, get to talking and I’ll eat.” With that, I lifted the forkful of potatoes to my mouth and ate. Delicious.

Clearing his throat, he sighed. “It was really uncouth. I should not have ever opened my mouth and talked about you, even if I thought you weren’t around to hear it. I understand it was insulting to you and that it hurt your feelings a great deal. I wasn’t thinking when I said it. I’m very, very sorry about it, Aerabelle. Will you forgive me?”

Don’t fall for it Aerabelle. Do not do it. No. No. No. No. N- “Yes, I forgive you.”

You stupid head.

Image

“Sounds brilliant Florence! – Yes, I can’t wait. – I’ll go get dressed now. – I’m so excited!” I ended the call on my mobile and jumped energetically on the bed. Florence had given me a ring after dinner with Harry and invited me out to a club. I didn’t know which one we were going to, but she said it would be a great time.

Getting off the bed, I left the room and headed down the hall to Harry’s. I knocked twice and waited. The door opened and I saw Harry, shirtless but with one in hand. “Oh, hi.” He gave me a brief smile and pulled the shirt over his head. He looked like he was going somewhere.

“Hi. Look, Flo called me and invited me out tonight. I don’t know when I’ll be back.” I spoke slowly.

“Oh that’s good. I’m going out myself. I’ll let security know. Will you be taking Flo’s auto?”

“Well, obviously. I don’t have a car here, Harry.” I laughed at him and turned, walking away.

I went to my room and dressed up for the night. Not knowing what to do with my hair, I simply straightened and brushed it, letting it hang down. Minutes later, Flo was announced and I headed down to the entrance, running into Harry.

“Oh. Hi,” I said dumbly.

He laughed. His laughter quieted as he looked me up and down. “You look grand, really,” he said, smiling fully at me.

I simply shrugged. “I’ll see you in the morning.” With that, I strutted my way out and down the steps into Flo’s awaiting auto. Once I was in, I began to feel myself hyperventilate. Harry had complimented me and meant it. “I need you to drive Florence. Drive!”

Image

The club was noisy and packed, but it was definitely fun. The music was quick and beat was contagious. The thumping of the bass combined with the strobe lights really made an effect. I met several nice men who were all great dancers, but then again, after a few drinks everyone was a great dancer.

“Aer. Aer! Aer!” Flo threw her arms around my shoulders. “Darling you’ll never guess who’s here.”

“Who?” I asked, walking away from my dancing partner with her in tow.

She leaned her face in closely, our noses touching. “Haz.” She giggled and grabbed my wrist, pulling me through the crowd. “Harry! Hey, we didn’t know you were coming here. We could have come together.”

“Florence, you’re very drunk tonight,” Harry laughed. “We’re club hopping. I didn’t think we’d be coming here either. Mark insisted.”

“Harry, let’s dance,” I spoke up, holding my hand out to him.

He smiled and took my hand, twirling me around once. I turned my head to smile widely at Florence. Harry led me out into the masses. Placing one hand on his shoulder and the other rested against his chest, I danced with him, his hands on my hips. Closing my eyes, I moved with him to the beat of the club.

It was three songs later, when Harry stopped and took a step. Grinning at me, he gave me a little kiss on the lips. “I’m getting a drink.” Giving me a wink, he walked away and I went to find Florence.

“Florence. Florence,” I called out to her. She turned around and quickly waved me over to a booth. I slid in beside her and immediately told her what happened. “He kissed me! I couldn’t believe it at first, but he did. Do you think that maybe he likes me?”

As she was about to answer, she stopped short, staring past me. “I… Aerabelle, I don’t think that he doesn’t like you, but I don’t think you’re the only one he likes.” Raising her hand, she pointed a finger behind me.

Turning, I scanned the faces of the crowd until I saw what she was pointing at. Harry and Mark were with their mates by the entrance, but their mates weren’t the only ones with him. On Harry’s arm was a blonde thing, smirking as if she’d won some grand prize.

Immediately I felt deflated and set my elbows on the table, hiding my face in my hands. “Oh Flo, I’m so stupid.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aerabelle [ 1 ]
Aerabelle [ 2 ]

Happy Memorial Weekend! I'm having a great time writing and watching 80's movies. I'm gettin super inspired. Also, if you all like Harry Potter, or have any Mibba friends who love a Harry Potter story, I'm writing one on Mibba called Hocus Pocus. Check it out!