Sequel: Fool With Dreams
Status: Completed :)

Bittersweet Sundown

Would You Notice Me?

Later that day, Val and Michelle dragged Ash to a mall. To Ash’s luck, it was still early and there wasn’t much people out yet. Val had this crazy idea of dressing her up. They planned on going out after the show, to celebrate the ending of the tour. Ash had some partying clothes with her but Val had apparently something else in mind.

“Believe me Ash, after all the attention you’re gonna get at the bar, you’ll thank me for this,” Val snickered, looking at the girl in front of her approvingly. Ash was standing in front of a big mirror, wearing a very tight and overly exposing corset and a mini skirt that was way too short for her liking. She felt like a tramp in these clothes.

“Val, I don’t want that kind of attention,” Ash protested grimly. She didn’t feel comfortable looking like that at all.

“How about this?” Michelle offered, holding out a pink dress.

“Much better, but not pink. I hate pink,” Ash declined firmly and Michelle went to search for something else. She reappeared a minute later, carrying exactly that same dress, only now in purple color, and a lime green slightly longer dress.

“You have to try both,” Val announced, seeing Ash debating between her choices.

Nodding her head she took the dresses and disappeared in to the changing cabin. After trying both of them, they chose that purple one. And after finding perfect shoes and other accessories, they looked around the mall a little more. They all were slightly apart from each other, looking through racks of clothes.

“OMG, is that Val DiBenedetto? It is, right,” Ash heard some excited female voice somewhere behind her.

She turned herself to the next rack, not showing any interest towards the girls, standing few racks away. After shuffling through some shirts, she glanced absentmindedly over the girls. They were younger and were wearing some A7x clothes, being obviously big fans. They were staring right at Val and it seemed like they hadn’t seen Michelle yet.

“Call Jenna. I’m not leaving til I get some tickets to tonight’s show. And we have to get an autograph from her,” the taller, dark haired girl commanded her blond friend, searching something from her purse at the same time.

Ash smirked to herself and pretended to look through things while moving towards Michelle. She stopped few steps before reaching her.

“You have been discovered. Some girls over there are planning to get some tickets out of your sister,” she told quietly, looking at some jeans instead of turning to face Michelle.

“Oh, great, I’m so not in the mood for this,” Michelle complained, fighting the urge to hide behind the shelf she was close to.

“I’ll get them off of you, go closer to Val and be ready to leave,” Ash instructed with a devilish grin.

Michelle glanced at her curiously, then sneaked behind the rack, closer to her sister. Ash walked casually out of the shop. On the way out she saw a third girl run in and stop next to her friends, looking around frantically. ​Moving a little faster she reached the hallway and then stopped. Looking around quickly, she saw some music store several shops ahead. Perfect, she thought.

“OH MY GOD! It’s Matt and Brian from Avenged Sevenfold!” she screamed loud enough for the girls to hear, jumping on spot and pretending to be overly excited, pointing at the direction of the music shop. Of course the girls forgot Val immediately and ran out to Ash.

“What? Where? Where?” one of them asked, looking around.

“There, they went to that music store. Oh my God, I saw Matt so close,” Ash continued her acting, holding a hand over her heart.

Fan girls didn’t need more proof and took off, running straight to that store. Turning around, Ash saw Val and Michelle already walking to opposite side. Making sure those girls didn’t come out yet, she followed them at a safe distance.

“Thanks chica,” Val said after Ash closed the car door, smiling widely at her.

“No problemo. And I’m not Latino, just so you know,” she smiled back, lounging at the back seat.

“You have done this before, haven’t you?” Michelle asked, turning to look at her.

“Yeah, and I can do it again, at least until they’re starting to recognize me. It won’t work then anymore,” Ash smiled, remembering how she used to sidetracked fans for his friend to get out, and how she eventually got busted.

“God damn, now I like you even more,” Val shook her head, turning back on her seat. Ash only smiled to this. She liked Val too and it made her happy to know that these feelings were mutual.
Girls dropped her off in front of the hotel she was staying.
“Be ready at seven, we’re picking you up then,” Val said before Ash got out of the car.

“Sure. Do I have to wear these clothes at the show or can I change before going to the bar?” she asked, lifting her shopping bag a little.

“We are all changing at the venue, after the show. It would be a suicide to wear those heels all evening,” Val laughed, pointing at the shoebox Ash was holding with her other hand.

“It’s gonna be a suicide any way. I swear I’m gonna fall and break my neck with these things. And then I’m coming back to haunt you,” Ash threatened jokingly.

“Maybe you shouldn’t wear those heels after all. I’m not sure I can take two crazy ass ghosts in my life,” Val joked back, pretending to be horrified.

After saying goodbye, Ash went straight to her room. It was five pm already and she had two hours to get ready.

After a long steamy shower, she straightened and styled her hair and then applied her regular makeup, eyeliner and mascara. She dressed in to a t-shirt and stretch jeans, she had bought earlier. Finally looking at the clock, she found that she had more than half an hour still left to kill. So she took out her diary and threw herself at the bed.

May 6, 2010

Last night was the worst I’ve had in years. I had a dream about Kyle, about his funeral. I was screaming at him, instead of being emotionless like I really was. In my dream I was so upset and angry ​at him. I don’t know what would have happened next because Brian woke me up.

I just couldn’t stop crying. After all these years, tears finally came, with all these feelings I should have felt then. Brian tried to calm me down. But I just couldn’t, I wasn’t able to stop. I didn’t want to stop. All this pain I had kept locked away all these years was out at last and it was too much for me.

I am so thankful to him for staying with me, for just holding me in his arms. I’m afraid that I wouldn’t have been able to take it alone. I don’t know what I would have done, that pain I felt would’ve surely drove me insane.

In the morning we got woken up by the guys. They were trying to sneak-peak at my tattoo but Brian hushed them away. I was pretty sure that he’d leave too or at least make me go away, but instead he pulled me closer to his warm body and leaned his cheek against my head. I would have died to know what he was thinking that moment.

I had a feeling that I should get up but it felt so good to be held like this, it felt like heaven. So I stayed in his arms and we fell back to sleep. Until his wife, Michelle, showed up and caused a big scene. I told her everything about Kyle. I still can’t believe I did this. I didn’t tell even Sean about him and now I told someone I don’t know at all. But I did it for Brian, it was unfair to him, getting in trouble for helping me through probably the hardest night of my life.

Anyway, Val and Michelle took me to a shopping trip at the mall after we had some lunch. I think I love Val, she is just awesome, in any way. And Michelle seems okay too. It’s sad that I’ll probably never see them again after tonight. But I’ve had fun with them and I’ll always remember them, no matter what.

I’m in LA, finally. It’s so beautiful and sunny here. I think I’ll stay here for a while, until I decide what to do with my life. But right now, I have another Avenged Sevenfold show to go and after that, to the after party with the guys of the band and their families. And of course I can’t wait ‘til my Tiger gets here. It’s gonna be a crazy ass night :P


After the show, Ash was leaning over a table with Jason by her side. They were looking at a map of LA. Jason tried to show her the places that were worth visiting for.

“Now, that’s exactly the kind of ass that I like,” was heard from behind them. Ash’s head jerked up, she knew that voice all too well. Hurriedly, she turned around, only to see familiar grey eyes looking back at her.

“Bam-Bam,” she screamed before launching herself into his waiting arms. He lifted Ash up and she entwined her legs around his waist, just like they always did. It was their special hug. But instead of releasing her, Bam kept holding her in his arms.

“Oh god, how I’ve missed you Kitty,” Bam confessed, burying his face into Ash’s ​shoulder.

“Poor baby. What has Missy done to you?” she asked, stroking gently his little too long hair. He looked kind of down and sad to her.

“Missy’s no fun at all,” was said behind them and Ash looked around, remembering suddenly that there were other people in the room also. She saw Bam’s brother, Jesse, their friend Ryan and some other guy, wearing only black. She noticed also how Brian was staring at Bam’s hands on her butt. Bam was still holding her up.

“Hi, Jesse,” Ash greeted, reaching out her hand for a high five and Jesse slammed his hand happily to hers. “How’s Kelly and the munchkins? How’s Ava doing?” she asked, not even waiting an answer to her first question.

“Ava is missing her aunt Assy,” Jesse smiled to her, kissing her cheek right after.

“I really should come to visit you,” Ash admitted, feeling a little sad for staying away for so long.

“You think? We’re gonna drag you back with us. It’s getting hard to endure Bam in his constant dark mood. I know you can save us all,” Ryan said, stepping closer to her, so he could kiss her other cheek. Ash hugged him as much as she could. It wasn’t the easiest thing to do with Bam refusing to let go of her.

“Shut up man,” Bam only muttered, hugging Ash even closer.

“Hey, you can let go of me now,” Ash smiled at him, shuffling his wavy hair again.

“Nope. I haven’t had the chance to hold you like what, two years? You owe me like two years worth of hugs. So no way in hell I’m gonna let you go,” he snickered, then walked to the couch.

He sat down, pulling Ash to his lap and closing his arms around her waist. Everyone in the room were looking at them, some interested, some shocked and one even looked jealous.

“Hey guys. That was a fucking great show,” Bam said to Matt, who was sitting next to him.

“Thanks. So what brings you here, Margera?” Matt asked, smiling at the two of them.

“This little creature here actually,” Bam said, pointing at the girl in his lap. “I heard that one of you has been a little mean to her,” he continued, looking at every ones face for a moment.

“Well, that’s Gates. I’m sorry for his rudeness,” Matt apologized, giving Brian a stern look.

“Don’t worry, the rest of you have been way too nice to me anyways, one asshole can’t break me down,” Ash beamed at Matt, making him laugh too. “Oh, do you know the rest of them?”

“Actually no. I do know Ryan Dunn, but we haven’t met yet,” Matt said, looking at the three guys, sitting on other side of Bam and Ash.

“Okay, that’s Jesse Margera, Bam’s older brother, Ryan Dunn, as you already know, and…?” Ash introduced, looking at that last man with questioning expression. He was wearing black all over, with lots of chains and jewelry, combat boots and a thick line of eyeliner. Ash even kind of liked him, he was cute and looked like some vampire.

“Jussi,” he smiled at Ash and she returned the gesture gladly.

​“And they are Avenged Sevenfold. Matt, Ji.. Johnny, Brian, Zack, Mike and Val, Michelle and Leana.” She would have almost named Jimmy as well and was barely able to stop his name coming off her lips. It was a close call.

Everyone said their hello’s and slowly started talking, still gazing at Ash and Bam once in a while.

“So what’s the story with the two of you? You seem awfully cozy with each other,” Leana asked at last, not being able to contain her curiosity any longer. Ash looked at Bam, then they started laughing, still staring at each others eyes.

“They were one hell of a crazy couple some years back,” Jesse answered on their behalf, smiling to his brother.

“Really? And you still get along so well?” Val joined in the conversation, surprised.

“Well, yeah. It just kinda went this way,” Bam said, hugging the girl in his lap even closer to him.

Ash couldn’t be totally sure but it seemed to her, that there was some sadness in his voice. It made her wonder, did he and Missy have some serious problems. They were so happy in the beginning.

“Okay, I’m guessing that you’ll join us at the club?” Matt asked, preparing to stand up.

“If it’s okay with you,” Bam answered. He didn’t care much where they were going, as long as he could be with Ash.

“Let’s get going then,” Matt complied and stood up. By this time, Brian was already out of the door.

“Oh, wait a sec, we have to change our clothes. Just give us a few minutes,” Michelle stopped everybody, except Brian, cause he was already too far gone.

“Oh, right, I forgot about that,” Matt said, sitting back down. Val got up, kissed his lips and then stepped in front of Bam and Ash.

“I’m sorry Brandon, but you’ll have to let her go for now,” she announced, leaning her arm around Ash’s shoulders.

“I don’t want to,” he pouted, not letting go of her.

“You can have me back before you notice,” Ash laughed, lifted Bam’s hands away from her waist and kissed his cheek. Then jumped up and left the room with the other girls. They went to guys dressing room and Val closed the door behind them.

“I have an idea,” she then told slyly, earning three curious stares. She took out her phone and dialed Matt’s number, then waited for his answer.

“Yeah babe. Everything okay?” he asked, surprised by the sudden call.

“Everything’s super. I just thought that you guys should go ahead to the club. Michelle has her car here so we can come after by ourselves. This way you don’t have to wait because of us,” she explained carelessly, walking towards her and Michelle’s bag.

“Are you sure? I don’t mind waiting,” Matt said, not understanding why they should go separately.

“Yes, I’m sure. Okay, I’ll tell you why I want this but you’ll have to promise not to tell anyone,” she gave in. She knew Matt wanted to go with her.

“Sure,” he agreed, feeling kind of confused.

“We got an awesome outfit for Ash earlier and I wanna see Bam’s face when he ​sees her. But it would have a much better effect when walking in to a club then it would have in a dark parking lot. You see where I’m getting at?” Val asked, ignoring Ash’s shocked expression.

“Mhmh,” Matt mumbled, glancing curiously towards Bam, who was talking to Zack at the moment.

“So you’ll get all the guys to the club without us?” Val used her sweet, convincing voice that she knew Matt couldn’t resist.

“Sure babe. I’ll see you there,” he was in on the plan and they hung up. Val snickered evilly while turning to face Ash.

“I know what you are trying to do, but it’s not gonna happen. He’s married for god’s sake. I’m not gonna throw myself at him like that,” Ash protested, taking a few steps back, retreating from Val’s way.

“I’m not asking you to throw yourself at anyone. I just wanna see guys faces when we are done with you. You are so much more beautiful than you even realize,” Val said peacefully, stopping in front of her. Michelle and Leana stopped at Val’s flanks and Ash felt like a cornered animal.

“Will you just trust us? We’re not gonna chop your head off,” Leana laughed. She took Ash’s hand and guided her to sit down. Then she started to do her makeup while Michelle and Val messed with her hair.

“Oh god, what have I done to deserve this torture,” Ash whined, not liking the idea at all.

“Just shut up. You’ll gonna be gorgeous,” Val shushed her. After few more minutes, they were done and Ash was ordered to change her clothes.

“Don’t smear your make-up,” Leana warned before pulling some very tight looking mini dress on.

“Yes Mommy,” Ash joked, obeying the orders and started to change too.

Looking at her new boots, she felt a wave of fear rolling over. She had never loved high heels and these were definitely over 5'' high. Bracing herself, she pulled them on and stood up. It took a few seconds to get her balance but she managed to stand straight at last. It had been years since she wore any kind of heels. She was more of a jeans and sneakers type of girl. Not daring to move, she watched as other girls changed their clothes and did a quick make-up.

“Everyone ready? Let’s go then,” Val took charge, looking at the girls. Leana and Michelle started for the door but Ash still didn’t dare to move. She found just standing on a spot was hard enough.

“Ash? Come on,” Val called from the door, looking at her worriedly.

“I don’t think I can. I can barely stand in these,” Ash whispered, terrified. Val came back to stand by her side.

“It can’t be that bad. Come on,” she encouraged, holding out her hand for Ash to lean on.

“It is. Last time I wore heels was more than six years ago and those were only half the height these are,” Ash told, holding on to her and taking mini steps. Her legs were wobbling and she was sure she’ll brake something tonight. Val guided her to the hallway and then released her hand. Ash cast a panicked look at her.

“Go on, walk. You have to get used to them. You can’t walk to the club with those ​baby steps and holding on to us. Now walk to that other end of the hallway and back to us. Go on,” Leana joined in, turning her around and pushing slightly at her back, to get her going.

Ash obeyed, feeling like a baby, taking her first steps in front of the entire family. Reaching the end of the corridor, she felt already much more confident. After all it was a pretty long hallway. Walking back, she didn’t look down anymore, instead she looked at the smiling girls waiting her at the other end. They were clapping when she reached them.

“Much better. Now we can go,” Val announced happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I've noticed that most of you here are linking some outfits and pictures with your story. So I was thinking that if you want to then I could do this too, so you could have a better picture of the clothes my main character wears. So just let me know what you think about it :)

Title Credit: Paperback Hero - Call Out