Get Your Finger on the Trigger

#003

#003
Frank’s POV, August 10th 2010
I helped Gerard down to his room in the basement where I lifted him onto his bed. His eyes seemed heavy and he was so weak. We kinda knew what had happened now and I felt so sorry for him but he wasn’t opening up still. He curled up on his bed but seemed scared to sleep so I sat down on his bed next to him. He rested his head lightly on my lap. I was still nervous for him. Just knowing that he’d been raped hadnt given us enough information to tell the police anything and even then, deep down, I doubted if it was best for Gerard to tell the police. I doubted he’d cope with a court case and having to speak up since well, he wouldn’t even talk to us. I stroked his hair gently and he seemed to calm slightly. “Why won’t you talk to us Gee? Are you embarrased?...” I asked quietly. Gerard refused to look at me. “Mikey wants to take you to see a doctor Gerard… We don’t know whats wrong with you and we want to help you… How can we help you if you wont let us in?” I choked out feeling tears stream down my cheeks. Gerard just looked at me and sighed before curling up under the duvet.
I headed upstairs upset after putting Gerard to bed and joined Ray and Mikey sat watching TV. There were a few reports on the news but we wernt paying much attention until…
“Wait Ray turn that up!” Mikey stated, staring at the screen.
“We’re reporting here from Jersey on a unique rape crime. Teenage girl, Lauren Emex was walking back home and saw something she wished she’d never seen. Five burley men with heavy accents were beating, raping and mugging a boy who apparently looked about twenty with firetruck red hair and vivid green eyes. She claimed the men left him and the victim limped back home trailing blood. She never caught his name or saw the man again. If you have any information on this please contact us.” The woman stated. We were all staring at the screen with wide eyes and jaws hanging open. We were all silent for a good fifteen minutes. I tried to talk but no words would come. That must be how Gerard felt. Shit, that must have been terrifying for him. Coming back to my senses, I saw Mikey with tear filled eyes chanting how that was so wrong and no one could hurt his brother like that. Ray was rocking Mikey.
“We cant contact them… I mean Gee’s obviously scared. He’d never tell them anything…” Ray mumbled to which I nodded. It didn’t matter so much if the men got caught, we just needed Gee to be able to recover.