Status: NOT. COMPLETED. On hiatus.

Does History Really Repeat Itself?

one

"Mommy went to heaven, guys.."

The words refused to stop replaying in Blaine's head as he looked around, wondering if anybody else noticed his restlessness. Chances were most of them didn't even know that his mom had died in the hospital giving birth to twins, like what his sister was doing now, and he wasn't exactly comfortable with the thought of explaining it all to them.

Hoping nobody would speak to him if his attention was concentrated on something else, he then turned to look at the picture in his hand, one of the very few pictures that had been taken of him and his sister when they were kids. It was taken way too long ago, and quite frankly, his natural blonde hair looked strange to him now. When they found out that their sister was pregnant with twins, he and his two brothers had dyed their hair as a shoutout to their mother. She had always loved green, and blue was a close second. If there was anything they wanted to do, it was to never let each other stop thinking about her, and this was the loudest way they could think of. People staring at them was the least of their concerns.

He looked up to see his two younger brothers leaning on a nearby wall, looking more tense than they had when he saw them a few minutes ago. He had no idea how those two felt, knowing that they were the reason Mom died. Just thinking about the fact that he was just outside the door when his mother died terrified him, and he didn't know how his brothers handled knowing that they were partly the cause of her death.

He examined everybody else's faces, and apparently it was only the three of them who seemed to be this stressed out. Watching everybody else almost frustrated him, though. The way that everyone else was so relaxed, casually chatting with each other.. It made him mad. Some even trying to guess the genders of the babies. Didn't they know what could happen? He suppressed a sigh and went back to looking at the picture.

To be completely honest, he knew they had no real reason to be scared for his sister's life. Shortly after learning that Miruki was pregnant, Blaine had rushed into his father's study, practically demanding to know the details of his mother's death. His father had sat him down and began to explain. Blaine could tell that retelling the story was a major feat for his father. It was sudden, only minutes after Tyi's birth, and apparently she had something called Amniotic Fluid Embolism. According to his cousin-in-law and new best friend Scott, it wasn't a very common thing and it was more than likely that Miruki was going to be perfectly fine. However, something in the back of his mind was gnawing at the inner peace that he had somehow constructed for himself, and he knew that it wasn't going to let up anytime soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just gonna be a bunch of short chapters. Yaaay.