Status: Alive.

Broken Wings

Oxygen.

I'm dying, I'm fucking dying.

Gessele stared into her lover's eyes, her vision blurred with tears. His grip on her throat tightened when she didn't struggle against him, his eyes flaring up with anger.

"Cam...s-stop," she managed to choke out, the lack of oxygen starting to make her feel lightheaded. The smell of alcohol on his breath only made it worse, making her want to vomit. He smirked slightly and laughed, dropping her to the floor. She coughed and took in shaky breaths, her thin figure trembling with fear as he raised his hand, bringing it down sharply across her cheek with a loud smack. She let out a weak yelp and cowered away from him, crawling backwards, only for her back to hit the couch. He glared at her and rolled his eyes, grabbing his keys.

" 'm goin' out, bitch. Don' think 'bout goin' anywhere," he growled at her, his speech slurring a bit as he stumbled out. She knew that he shouldn't be driving with how much shit was in his system, but at this point she didn't care. He wouldn't listen to her either way, so she didn't really see the point in going after him.

Gessele listened as he ripped out of the driveway before she let out a weak sob. She never did anything right according to him, and she was starting to believe it all. She slowly stood and stumbled towards the bathroom, wondering how she'd explain the damage done this time. She looked at the marks on her face amd she swallowed hard. They weren't too bad right now, she just hoped that they wouldn't get worse by tomorrow. She turned on the shower, then started pulling her hair from the tangled mess that was a bun earlier on. She cursed softly when she realized it was stuck. She grabbed a pair of scissors and cut the hair tie, biting her lip hard.

"Oh no," she whispered, seeing some of the hair that came with the tie. She really hoped that he wouldn't notice, but he was like god. He knew anything and everything that changed about her somehow. She sighed and stripped out of her clothes, then stepped into the shower. She let the water run over her for a little while before she washed her hair and her body, taking all the time she needed. She finished in about forty-five minutes, and got out. She wrapped herself in a towel and slowly made her way out of the bathroom, her heart pounding. She didn't like being home alone for some reason; but then again, she didn't like being home with Cameron either. She shut the bedroom door after she grabbed her kitten and set it on the bed. She found a short nightgown in her dresser, knowing that he'd want her in it once he got home, and she put it on. She crawled into bed and pulled the blankets over her, closing her eyes as she cuddled the kitten close to her chest.

Image

"Gessele!"

Gessele shot up from the bed, her eyes opening wide. She was a light sleeper, and it was only worse when she knew that Cameron was drunk. She heard the familiar heavy footsteps coming back the hallway and she pressed back against the headboard, her lower lip trembling a little.

"Gessele, you fuckin' cunt," he shouted. The door swung open and she jumped a little bit, biting back a scream. He turned in and grinned drunkenly at her, then stumbled over to the bed. She whimpered softly when he ripped the blankets off of her and grabbed the front of her nightgown, pulling her forward. "I heard you been sleepin' around, baby," he hissed, the scent of alcohol only worse now. She shook her head, tears in her eyes now. "No? I don' think my friends would lie to me, baby," he chuckled darkly, tearing the dress right down the center.

"No, C-Cam, please," she choked out, shaking her head. Of course she loved sex, but not when he was drunk. It was always bad for her, and left her in a lot of pain afterwards. He smirked and crawled on top of her, pinning her wrists above her head with only one of his hands.

"You wanna sleep 'round, baby? I'll fuckin' teach you not to cheat on me," he slurred, slapping her across the face with his free hand. She yelped in pain, her head snapping to the side. She heard him unbuckling his belt and her body tensed up.

"Cam, please. You gotta believe me, I haven't slept with anyone else," she choked out, tears streaming down her cheeks. He only scoffed and slapped her again.

"Shut the fuck up, cunt," he hissed, tugging his pants and boxers down quickly. Her breathing sped up and she cried out when he slammed into her, thrusting in rough and quickly. She wiggled around and he punched her, his fist colliding with her temple. The room went completely black as she passed out, her small body going limp on the bed.

She thought that this would never happen, that she swore that she wouldn't ever let it get this far.

She was wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, subscriptions, ratings, etc. They would all be greatly appreciated my dears. <3

This was written for Your Soul Is My High's story contest.