If You Tumble My Way I Can Catch 'Ya

One/One

I walked through the front door and let out a huge sigh of relief, kicking off my tattered up converse and shuffling into the small kitchen of the apartment I live in with my boyfriend. I grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge, twisted the cap open, and gulped down half of the contents as I leaned my back against the now closed door with my eyes closed.

I felt a hand gently caress my face, and my eyes shot open to see a smiling Kenneth standing there.

“Hey babe, how was work?” He asked, hand still rubbing softly up and down my cheek.

“Fucking hell,” I groaned, pushing off of the fridge, and into Kenneth’s chest, burrowing myself against him.

I felt his arms wrap around me, holding me close as he swayed us back and forth slowly.
“What happened?” He whispered, bringing our foreheads together to look in my eyes. I locked mine onto his dark brown ones, and just stared into the caring, loving look.

“Just… I feel like everything is bearing down on me… I’m just so overwhelmed all the time… It’s too much…” I explained, before moving my face into the crook of his neck, nuzzling in. The sound of his heart beat was soothing, almost as soothing as his hands working slowly up and down my back, or the light swaying we still hadn’t stopped.

“Who’s to say there’s a way this had to end. We’re writing our own rules. Who’s to blame give me names and what they said. Oh how could they hurt you. And when you crumble away under pressure. You need to borrow my strength and I’ll let ya. It’s getting heavier, hold, hold it steadier I see….” He sang softly into my ear, swaying a little bit more in time with his words, moving us around more.

“Life is throwing you curves. You can make it. Take it in, try again. You don’t deserve this. I just wanna save you. You can take it. On the chin, try again. You’ll make it. You don’t have to carry the weight of the world. You don’t have to carry the weight of the world.”

I held him tighter, moving my feet in time with his as we swayed around our small kitchen, in small circles all around.

He continued to sing softly into my ear, continued to move us, continued to make me feel less like I was going to have a panic attack.

I’m sure he felt it before I did, but sure enough I was crying.

“Who’s to say there’s a way this has to end?” He finished softly, working our swaying down at a halt, before pulling away to look at me.

“Don’t ever leave me…” I mumbled quietly.

“I love you Jamie.” He said holding my face between his tattooed hands. “Don’t ever forget that. I’ll always be here for you, no matter what.”

“I love you too Kenneth. So much more than you can imagine.” I said before pushing up so our lips met.

“I just wanna save you.” He said lightly against my lips.

~~~~
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to,
Disenchanted-
^_^

Comments?