Deadly Beautiful

Chapter Two

I pulled at this skirt. Ugh plaid. Who chose this stuff any way?

“You ready to do this, V?” Lou asked me as he pulled up to the huge school.

Like I have a choice in the matter.

“I guess so,” I shrugged.

“Go get em tiger!” Lou said as I got out of the car. “I’ll be here to pick you up around three. Do what you can.” I just nodded in agreement. He pulled away as I turned to face the school. It looked…modern to my surprise.

I walked while I admired the building. Someone bumped into me.

“Watch it!” a voice came with an accent I still couldn’t get used to. She was a red head who was too skinny to fill out her blazer and jumper. But she was pretty. She just had a mess of curls cascading her face.

“I’m sorry,” I said quickly.

“Are you new?” She asked. I nodded. “I’m Jess.” She stuck her hand out.

“I’m Violet, Violet Tor-. I’m Violet Smith,” I said catching myself almost saying my real last name, Torino.

“Ah, you Americans are funny ones. Doesn’t everyone have that last name there?” She said. She was right. Smith was common but I had to just blend in so that’s the best Tony could come up with.

“I guess so,” I shrugged. “Do you know where the main office is?” I asked her and she led the way.

~*~
They are making me take a tour with an upper sixth year since I’m in all sixth year classes when I’m really only a junior back home.

“Ah, here is your guide now!” Said the secretary. I turned around and saw the beautiful boy from the photos I saw not even two days ago. I’ve gotten all of his background information. He’s in all AP classes, he’s captain of the soccer team, which is called football here, and he is student body president. His mother died when he was a kid and his father cheated mine out of a huge deal costing my dad a fortune to repay.

“Good to see you Alexander. This is Violet Smith she’ll be in most of your classes. We figured you were the best person to give the tour,” The secretary said practically gushing over this eighteen-year-old boy.

“Thank you Ms. Scales. If you’ll follow me Violet,” He said in a smooth accent. It made my insides tickle a bit.

“I’m Alex,” He said with a slight smile.

Violet, you need to focus on the mission at hand! Not on your damn hormones.

He led me out of the office and into the courtyard it was a gray day.

“So you moved here from America?” He asked as we walked slowly down the path to the main building.

“Yep,” I said popping my p.

“Ah,” He said. “Well this is the courtyard and back there is the staff building mainly for the nurse and office.” I just nodded as we strolled along.

“What’s it like here?” I asked him.

“It’s school. It’s easy. But for you don’t expect it to be that easy,” He said looking up at the sky.

“Excuse me?” I said suddenly appalled at the comment he just made.

“You, Americans, lack a lot a good educational system,” He said in a matter of fact tone.

“I’m not an idiot for your information,” I said as I sped up. Why would I let someone talk to me this way? Like I’m some kind of idiot.

“Wait, wait, wait,” He said catching my arm. His grip was strong and I could feel the warmth beneath my blazer. “Let me see your schedule,” he said as we stopped outside of the main building. I handed him the piece of paper I folded into the pocket of my jumper.
He glanced down at it and his eyebrow went up.

“You’re in all of my classes,” He said in disbelief. “So maybe I have underestimated you a bit.”

I laughed obnoxiously which probably wasn’t very attractive.

“Come on,” He said.

He showed me around the building, which was huge and extremely modern. The cafeteria was more like a chic café not an average high school one. When we came to the end of the tour it was time for my lunch, which was also Alex’s lunch. We neared the cafeteria just as some girl practically toppled over Alex. She had platinum blonde hair and wore a hot pink headband that matched her hot pink heels.

“Who’s this?” She said. She made the British accent sound annoying.

“Megan, this is Violet. She’s new here. She’s from America,” He said as if he had to add that last part. “

“Aw a charity case!” She cackled.

“Or an exchange student,” I said correcting her.

“Same thing,” She waved her hand in the air.

“This is my girlfriend, Megan,” Alex said. The word girlfriend made my stomach pang.

“Come on baby. We’ve got more important things to do. Nice meeting you, purple!” she said as she dragged him along. I would’ve corrected her and said my name is Violet but I was too stunned to learn he had a girlfriend.

Focus, Vi.

I just had to get through two weeks and get him back to America in one piece. But how could I when she seemed attached to his hip?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed it! I love all of you for reading!
xo Madd