‹ Prequel: Get It Right
Sequel: Go Your Own Way
Status: Finished

Turning Tables

.14

“This should make it feel better soon, I get burnt all the time,” at least Matt was positive about it, I smiled and turned around.

“Thanks Matthew,” I winked just to piss Val off, he gave me a disapproving look but I didn’t care.

“Can I help lather that aloe on your other burnt areas?” Jimmy walked up to me and stared down at the top of my breasts.

“You best be going over to your wife before I kick your big ass,” I pointed up at him threateningly; he gulped loudly and took a running jump onto Leana’s lap.

“Dumbass,” she chuckled and pet Jimmy’s head like he was a lap dog.

“Thought so,” I glared at Jimmy until someone blocked my view of my childhood friend. “What?”

“You sure are pissy for someone who now has aloe on,” Brian crossed his arms over his chest.

“I’m always pissy, where have you been?” I chuckled and patiently waited for him to move out of my way.

“I love your ill ass,” he bent down and kissed the top of my red nose, I couldn’t help but giggle to myself.

“We’re going home!” Jimmy shouted after a minute.

It wasn’t half an hour later and the house was empty of everyone but me, Brian, Danielle and Jacoby. We put Jacoby and Danielle to bed by ten and went to bed, Brian took a sleep aid to help him stay asleep through the night and I read a magazine until I got drowsy and lay down.

I was in a deep and dreamless sleep, exhausted from swimming and the sun all day long, when Brian woke me up, frantically calling out my name. “Bliss!” he finally screamed and shook me away.

“What? Are the kids alright?” I woke up in a panic; Brian was normally the calm one.

“Your bleeding, everywhere,” he stood up and flicked the overhead light on. Between my legs, up my back and at my sides was stained blood red.

“No,” I whispered touching the sheets, hoping it was some sort of cruel delusion. I stared at my red tinted fingers and glanced up at Brian. “I had a miscarriage.”

~*~*~*~*~

“I’m sorry!” I screamed as loud as I could. “I’m sorry that I’m not ready to move on, I just lost my child. I’m not ready to have another one Brian that was my baby!”

“It was my baby too, but it’s not healthy to lay in bed and mourn over it like you are, I’m hurt and I don’t want to move on either but you can’t keep yourself locked up in a depressed little dungeon that you’ve made, you have two kids that need you,” he paused. “I thank God it hadn’t been born yet, it was only three months old, it was barely a baby. We’re blessed that it wasn’t taken from us years down the road,” Brian was trying to create a speech that would make me less sad, guilty and depressed over my miscarriage but it wasn’t working, it was just making me mad.

“Fuck you, Brian. It was a boy, our son and it hurts no matter how old he was!” I stood from my bed and slapped him across the face. “How dare you, get the fuck out of my house, leave right now!”

“Bliss, I wanted him as much as you and it kills me to have lost him but it would have hurt us more if we’d lost him six months down the road,” Brian tried to grab me and calm me down but I was beyond it. “I can’t lose you over this.”

“I lost our baby!” I screamed and my legs gave out, I fell to my knees, Brian caught me and laid me up against his chest.

“You didn’t do it,” Brian was softly stroking my back; his voice was breaking as he spoke. “It just wasn’t meant to be, he wasn’t healthy.”

“My baby,” I cried, clutching Brian to my chest like a life raft. “I’m so sorry Brian.”

“Stop, you didn’t do anything,” Brian kissed the top of my head.

“I lost him,” I whispered as he laid me back down on the bed, he crawled up beside me and I curled into him. “You don’t know how it felt, Brian. I knew as soon as I woke up, I couldn’t feel him anymore. Its tormenting me, I can’t sleep without seeing blood, all that blood.

“It’ll be okay,” Brian whispered kissing my forehead. “We’ll get help; we’ll make it through this.”

~*~*~*~*~

“Just promise me you’ll keep going,” Brian sighed and I could just hear him rubbing his forehead in annoyance. “I wish I was with you, my heart isn’t in this tour.”

“Everything will be fine,” I tried to reassure him. “Three months left, you’re doing great.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

Comment or no more updates until someone does!!!