Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Death

The Dragon's Escape

I froze when she heard those words.
“A d-dragon?” I whispered as we heard it move, Harry pulled me out of the way,
“The Clankers. Use them,” Griphook spoke, he taken them off Bogrod and started to shake them.

I heard the dragon retreat and move back, I opened my eyes but my vision was mainly blurry.
“Mei?” Hermione taken my arm,
“I can see… just barely though,” I replied,
“The waterfall was designed to blind vampires.” Griphook spoke,
“Yeah but a blind vampire isn’t a caught vampire… we can use our other senses you know.” I explained, Griphook snorted.

Bogrod placed his hand on the vault door; it melted away and revealed a huge cave covered in golden coins, goblets, armor and many other treasures.
“Come on.” Harry spoke, “Meira stay there,” Harry added, I folded my arms,
“Just because I’m not partially blind doesn’t mean I’m useless.” I muttered.

Suddenly the door appeared between us again.

“Harry! Ron! Hermione!” I called; I couldn’t hear anything inside the vault. I banged my fist against it.

I stood outside hearing a few cries on the inside. My vision was slowly returning. Just as it did the vault opened and thousands of cups and goblets fell out. I ran out of the way seeing Harry, Ron and Hermione stagger to their feet.

“Any luck?” I asked, and then we saw Griphook run from the scene with the sword,
“Thieves! Help Thieves!” he cried, I glared at the little goblin as it ran.

“I have an idea how to get out of here now.” I spoke; the others nodded as they casted spells against the goblins. We ran to where the dragon was and I calmed it straight away, I then ran to the chains around its ankles.

“Now or never to use a vampire’s strength Mei…” I muttered, I lifted my leg and crushed the metal around the ankle of the dragon,
“What are you doing?” Hermione asked,
“This is our ride out. Get on while I break the other chain.” I explained, Ron and Harry had no objections as I ran around to the other side.

I used my hands to crush the last metal chain and break it off. The dragon lifted itself from the ground,
“Meira!” Harry called I had to move quickly. Running after the dragon I jumped over the Goblins who were running towards the vault. I jumped on several rocks sticking out of the wall,
“Harry!” I called, reaching my hand out towards him we both grabbed each other, Harry held my hand for dear life as the dragon, Harry pulled me up and held onto me as his other hand held onto the dragon. I grabbed onto its back as the dragon climbed its way up.

“It’s too big, we’ll never get out!” Hermione cried,
“Let’s make the whole bigger then!” I yelled,
Defodio!” Hermione casted, soon Harry and Ron started doing the same thing.

With my wand lost I was useless. I held onto the dragon as it made its way up. It could sense freedom was near. We reached the inside of Gringotts, the dragon spread its magnificent wings and took off out of the building as Goblins and Wizards were yelling frantically around us.

The dragon burst out of the doors and flew up and high into the sky.

I sighed with relief as Gringotts moved further away into the distance.

The only problem now was…

How were we going to get down?