Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Death

The Elder Wand

Take this time to bury your dead, and tend to the wounded. We will give you an hour to hand over Harry Potter.” Voldemort’s voice rang throughout Hogwarts.

I speak now, Harry Potter, directly to you. You have permitted your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences. This time, I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every last man, woman and child who has tried to conceal you from me. One hour.” Voldemort spoke.

I looked back at Harry,
“We need to find that snake.” Harry spoke; Harry concentrated on Voldemort to find him. I also closed my eyes and tried to sense the dark presence. I did, Harry also found Voldemort, “Come on.” Harry spoke taking my hand.

We all ran out the school as we arrived by the docks where the first year boats appear. We hid behind the glass hearing Voldemort talking to Snape.

Snape asked Voldemort for a chance to look for Harry as I held his shoulder gently.

“All this long night, when I am on the brink of victory, I have sat here, wondering, wondering why the Elder Wand refuses to be what it ought to be, refuses to perform as legend says it must perform for its rightful owner… and I think I have the answer.” Voldemort spoke as we hid behind the wall seeing Snape’s outline from the outside of the docking. “Perhaps you already know it? You are a clever man, after all, Severus. You have been a good and faithful servant, and I regret what must happen,” Voldemort spoke,
“My Lord-” Snape tried to speak,
“The Elder Wand cannot serve me properly, Severus, because I am not its true master. The Elder Wand belongs to the wizard who killed its last owner. You killed Albus Dumbledore. While you live, Severus, the Elder Wand cannot truly be mine.” Voldemort explained,
“My Lord!” Snape protested,
“It cannot be any other way,” Voldemort spoke, I closed my eyes and gripped onto Harry’s shoulder, “I must master the wand, Severus. Master the wand, and I master Potter at last.” Voldemort spoke, we all heard Nagini slither along the floor.

Voldemort spoke one word of Parseltongue and a shadow of the snake attacked Snape’s throat harshly as I hid my face behind Harry not wanting to see the several deadly strikes the snake given to Snape.

“I regret it.” Voldemort spoke before leaving.

We all ran inside after Voldemort left. Seeing Snape slumped against the wall gasping for breath as blood made its way down his chest. I covered my face and turned away. Harry went over to Snape, they took something from Snape.

I looked back at them as Snape grabbed onto Harry.

“Look… at… me…” Snape whispered, tears appeared in my eyes as the two men who both had their ups and down made eye contact for the last time. Snape’s hand fell to the floor with a thud as the sparkle in his eye faded.

Snape moved no more.