Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Death

Lust For Death

We arrived outside the doors, which led onto the bridge where I once saw Harry fly his amazing Firebolt into the blue skies. But the skies were grey and dark; they displayed the emotion that was in the air.

Death had covered the castle.

Voldemort stood in front of us, though to the side we saw Hagrid. He was holding someone in his arms. I grabbed onto my fathers arm.

“Harry Potter is dead. He was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself while you lay down your lives for him. We bring you his body as proof that your hero is gone.” Voldemort spoke a crude and wicked smile upon his face as I just stared at Hagrid, not wanting to believe Voldemort, not wanting to sense that the man I loved had truly died.

“The battle is won. You have lost half of your fighters. My Death Eaters outnumber you and the Boy Who Lived is finished. There must be no more war. Anyone who continues to resist, man, woman or child, will be slaughtered, as well every member of their family.” Voldemort explained, “Kneel before me, and you shall be spared. Your parents and children, your brothers and your sisters will live, and be forgiven, and you will join me in the new world we shall build together.” Voldemort explained.

I wanted to fall on the floor, but my father held me up straight. Though as I looked at Harry, I couldn’t sense if he was dead or alive… but something was different about him. Harry’s presence seemed almost, purified somehow.

I then realized that I could sense Harry’s presence he wasn’t dead. I looked to my father who glanced at me telling me to keep quiet as I held onto my father.

Hermione and Ron finally made it to my side as they saw Harry, as everybody thought about what Voldemort had said Draco stepped forwards after his parents had called for him so many times. Voldemort gave Draco a pathetic excuse for a hug as I glared at them.

Draco walked over to his parents as we glared. I went to step forward to say something but my father held me close to him, not wanting to lose me.

“I’m upset that the only one of her kind has not come to join us.” Voldemort spoke, his cold gaze locked with my own eyes, I held my breath as if to lose his attention, “It’s such a shame to waste such a strong new creation.” Voldemort sighed.

Though Neville stepped in front of me,
“And who is this? Who has volunteered to demonstrate what happens to those who continue to fight when the battle is lost?” Voldemort spoke, Bellatrix laughed,
“It is Neville Longbottom, my Lord! The boy who has been giving the Carrows so much trouble! The son of the Aurors, remember?” Bellatrix laughed,
“Neville… stand down.” I whispered harshly as he just ignored me, I didn’t want Neville to get hurt on my accord.

I hung my head as Voldemort laughed,
“I was hoping for someone better.” Voldemort spoke, the other Death Eaters laughed, I snarled and stood forward pushing my dad off me,
“Nobody from this castle will join you.” I snapped, “We will fight you until our dying breath. I know that Harry would not run from this, if anything he went to die to protect all of us.” I explained, my voice echoing down the halls, “Harry would not give up on me when I lost hope. So I made a promise that only myself knew, but I’m guessing the people behind me made the same promise since they aren’t moving any day soon. I made a promise to not give up, I made that promise to Harry and will keep that promise.” I called. “Dumbledore’s Army!” I put my fist in the air as Neville and a lot of the other student’s cheered with me.

Voldemort lifted his wand, mine was securely back in my own grip as my family had acquired on their journey over here stealing it from some Death Eaters.

“Pity we had to waste such a talented young woman.” Voldemort spoke, no feeling or care in his voice as his eyes looked at mine once more. Though my eyes shone with determination, they were much more stronger now. My pep talk was meant to spur on everyone else behind me, but it also spurred me on.

I would never give up on Harry.

Even if he was truly dead.