Does the Rain Still Make You Smile?

One/One

I felt my body being spun around, a pressure around my middle from where Jack’s arms were wrapped around my waist. I had my arms twisted around his neck, holding myself to him tightly so I wouldn’t fall, or slip out of his grip from the rain that was falling from the sky, landing all around us.

It was a warm spring night in Baltimore, rain not all that uncommon this time of year, so it was nice to be able to get out of the house, even if we were getting soaked to the bone.

“Jaaaaaack.” I giggled, putting my face into the side of his neck to keep the rain out of my eyes.

I felt his laughter vibrate through the skin, and rumble in his chest which was pressed flush with mine. He stopped his constant twirling, and set me back down on my feet.

“You’re no fun.” Jack said, and when I looked back up, he was pouting full out at me.

“Really now?” I said smirking slightly.

“Yes, yes you are. No fun at all.” He said, just egging me on, knowing I was up to something.

I pulled him down to my eye level with the pressure of my arms bearing down on his neck, enough to move, but not to hurt…Much. His eyes held a devious look, the same look he had most of the time, being the Jack Barakat that I knew and loved.

I pressed my lips against his, holding him as close to me as I could possibly manage, as he did the same for me.

Arms twined around each other, standing out in the pouring rain.

“Okay.” Jack said after we had pulled away slightly. “You are fun.”

He removed one arm from around me; using the other one to keep me held close to his body, our wet clothes sticking together. With his free arm, he brought a hand up to my face, gently wiping away some of the accumulating water.

I looked up at him, staring into his deep brown eyes while he stared back into mine.

His dark brown hair was all sticking to the side of his face, most likely all matted together by now. Water was running down his face, small currents trickling from the tips of his hair that hung in his eyes. His lips were red, as well as his cheeks and nose from the chill of the rain that was still beating down just as much, if not even more than before. But still, he was the same adorable guy that made me feel the butterflies in my stomach, even after five years.

“You’re perfect…” I heard him whisper, not meaning for me to hear.

I moved my face closer to his, our noses brushing against the other lightly in an Eskimo kiss.

“Not nearly as perfect as you,” I whispered back, loud enough for him to hear me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment Please??