Status: New Story! ^_^

I Love You, but I Fear Love

Chapter Ten

Two more weeks passed and nothing had happened to Gerard yet. That tight ball of worry loosened quite a bit and I had started to relax. Sasha finally relaxed and told me that I was allowed to see Gerard again, but only if we were never alone together. She told me several times how much she prefers Frank over him because he was, "Simply adorable!" To which I just roll my eyes and tell her repeatedly that Gerard is the one I'm dating, not Frank.

I had been hanging out at band practices a lot and the guys were getting really good. Mikey would sit with me when they were on break and just talk about random things. I still hadn't told any of them about my worries, and I still don't plan on it.

We were all in Gerard's and Mikey's garage for band practice when Gerard decided that he wanted to go to the store to get some candy. No one else wanted to go, so I offered to go with.

We got to the store in record time, all thanks to Gee's insane driving. We almost hit a stop sign twice and by the time we were in the parking lot, I was holding onto my seat for dear life itself. Gee just laughed at me and helped pry my hands off of the chair. We grabbed our candy and soda and once we paid for it, we walked back to the car.

We were almost to the car, when Gerard dropped his wallet in the street. He struggled under the weight of the sodas as he tried to grab it, to I walked over to him.

"Here, let me take those to the car and you can catch up." I smiled and he gave me a grateful smile in return. I took the sodas and started walking to the car, when I heard the squeal of tires behind me. I turned around just in time to see the car hit Gerard's side. I dropped everything and ran to him.

"Gerard!" I yelled as I fell to my knees by him. His leg was bent at an odd angle, but luckily I heard his labored breathing.

"Ember, what happened? Why does my leg hurt so bad?" I looked up to see the driver of the car that hit Gerard already on his phone, hopefully calling 911. The sirens I heard later confirmed my hope and I took Gerard's hand.

The paramedics put him on a stretcher and I followed them to the ambulance.

"Excuse me, miss, what relation do you have with this boy?"

"I'm his girlfriend." The paramedic thought about letting me on the ambulance for a second before finally nodding and letting me on.

I held Gerard's hand the whole way there and felt that knot build in the pit of my stomach again. Gee just could have easily died just then. The thought of that possibility made me sick to my stomach.

"Ember, you didn't answer me... Why does my leg hurt?" Gerard croaked from the stretcher.

"Shh, it's okay. You broke your leg, Gee, but you need to rest. Okay?" He looked deep into my eyes and finally leaned back against the thin mattress. I leaned over and lightly pecked his lips.

I pulled away and as he drifted off to sleep, I bit my lip with worry. He survived this, but would he survive the next difficulty that was thrown at him? I don't think I could handle losing him. A few tears slipped down my cheeks as I realized what I had to do in order to keep Gerard safe. I leaned over him again to whisper into his ear.

"I'm so sorry."
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sooooo sorry I haven't updated this!!!! I was gone for a whole week without any electronics and I was sad, but it was really fun and ANYWAYS I was going to say how much I love you guys because, guess what?? I got 14 subscribers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment and Subscribe?

xoxo
Lexxi!