To Save Democracy


East side silence, one last warning. West side, let all be friends.
Every nation thank you for putting down your arms.
This was the war to end all wars. This was the war to save democracy.

- Kamelot, “Necropolis” -


World War I has far outlived its expected life, and the warfare between the Allies and Central Powers have long been a stalemate, however, in 1917 the war’s turning point towards its conclusion came. The Russian Empire failed and left the war later that year, and though, the United States has been supportive to the war beforehand, the country did not officially enter the war until the same year. Because Russia’s recoil, Germany no longer was forced to fight a two-front war, and with the help of America’s new morale and entrance the balance began to tip.

-----------------------------------

Written for and entered into Daichi-kun’s Manga/anime Contest.
Also entered into Anime Writing Contest by Painter’s Dream.
Title credit goes to Kamelot, in which the title of this story is named after lyrics in their song “Necropolis,” like seen above. Hetalia: Axis Powers belongs to Hidekaz Himaruya.

Author’s note: I’m not exactly what you would call the history buff, so, please, excuse any inaccuracies that are in the droubbles, and politely point them out so that perhaps I can fix them. Thank you.
.
.

Table of Contents: