Rudy Can't Fail

Orange Mochas and English teas.

It had been a couple of weeks since my brush with the infamous Tre Cool. Max thought it was funny to ride me like a jockey at the Grand National about it. But she soon got fed up. I hadn’t actually thought much about it. Ok, I lie. I had thought about it…alot. But only because of those fucking eyes. And I had been single for over 3 years. I hadn’t found anyone that really struck me like that. Yeah I dated, but there was never anything to write home about.

I was at work sizing up a back piece for Yoshie, when I hear him yelling from the front of house.

"Nat!"
I ignore it.

"English!"
And again, I'm ignoring it- they know better then to shout like that when the shop's open.

"NATALIE!!!!"

"Would you shut up, I’m coming! Jesus!" Ok, now I’m pissy.

I make my way to the front, where Yoshie standing behind the shop counter. He's staring at the computer screen, hand propping up his head. A podgy, marshmallow face under a mass of dark, thick curls.

"Now…why all the fucking noise, man?" I say, putting down the piece of paper and moving to slide past him.

"You have a visitor." He gestures to the waiting area with his head and I look over.

First thing that pops out at me, is the orange hair.

I stare at him in amazement. What the fuck was he doing here?

My heart starts to beat ten to the dozen. He looks up and smiles, throwing the magazine he was pretending to read down, and skips over.

"So 'No Name' is actually Natalie. That's cool." He nods, eyeing Yoshie, who's looking at both of us weirdly. He shuffles around, seeming slightly nervous.

"What are you doing here? And how did you know where to find me?" I'm shocked at this little guy, just standing there acting like he's not bothered in the slightest.

"I thought I'd come say hi, since you were in a rush the other day. And I figured someone here would know who you were or where I could find you, since you had the shop's name across your tits." He shrugs innocently.

At the first ’t’ of the word 'tits', Yoshie stands up fully and looks down on Tre.

"I think you better watch your mouth, when your talking about the lady, my man." He says pointedly.

Tre looked scared, I mean you would be too, if a 6 foot 5 gorilla type was staring you down, like you were the last banana on Earth. I smirked cos I knew he was just overly protective. I was on my own and he worried about me getting hurt, bless him.

"Yeah…sorry, dude. I didn’t mean anything by it." He says trying not to flinch.

"S'okay, big guy, I got this." I pat Yoshie on the arm and he looks at me to make sure. "it's cool, honestly."

"Ok, but I'm watching you, man." He says, using his pointer and middle finger to point to both his eyes then to Tre.

"Tre, let's get you out of here, before Yoshie rips you a new asshole." I say, hopping over the counter and ushering him out the door. "I’m taking a break Yosh, be back in a bit." I laugh, pushing a somewhat relieved Tre, out onto the street.

"Fuck me!" Tre says looking at Yoshie through the window. "The size of that guy! Where the hell is his neck?!"

I drag him away from the shop and he falls into step. We head towards the Starbucks on the corner and go inside.

"Grab a table and I'll get the drinks." I command. He looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes M'lady." He bows. "Are you always this bossy?"

"Yes. And if you cant hack it, your not gonna like the next 20 minutes, my friend." I walk away, leaving him an easy task of finding some seats.

After paying and picking up an English tea for myself and an orange mocha, for the tall haired one, I look around the small café to find him sitting on the back terrace.

"So why all the stalking? I could report you." I state, matter-of-factly. "Or maybe get Yosh to sit on you." I smile playfully, sliding into the chair across from him.

"I think that’s a very undeserving punishment than a night in the clink. I mean say if he farted- that would be like the Gas Chamber!“ He leans back in the chair looking me dead on. “Anyway, you intrigued me. So I did something about it." Reaching for his coffee, he smiles back and takes a sip. "Good choice."

"Thanks, I thought it went with the hair." I say standing up to pat myself down in the quest for cigarettes.
He watches me, waiting till I sit down to offer one of his own and lights it for me.

"So what’s with 'The Thing' back there?" He asks reclining and stretching his arms overhead, resting them atop the peak of hair.

"Yoshie?" He nods. "Oh, he's just looking out for me. He's like my brother." I look into the caramel abyss of my tea cup, trying not to get lost in his eyes.
Thankfully I didn’t forget my sunglasses, so I slip them on. That way I could perv on him without it being obvious.

"Stop staring at me, like that. I feel cheap." He jokes- like he knew what I was thinking. "Cos, you know, if you wanted to check me out, you didn’t need the stunners, Sugar."

I laugh and cut straight to the chase. I liked this guy and I was having fun playing with him…

"OK, so I’m guessing you wanna take me out- wine, dine and fuck me from behind, right?" I lick my lips, satisfied at the shocked expression on his face. He wasn’t expecting that at all; he opens his eyes in shock and coughs a bit.
Waiting a second before answering, he drums a familiar beat on the table.

I'm in awe of the hair man. I mean, he was resting his hands on it. You'd think it went flat, right? Well hell to the no, it just bounced right back up.

I made a mental note to find out what product he used.