August Darkness

Prologue.

Jimmy sighed, his eyes flickering from the rear view mirror, his best friend in the back seat. Brian, sat still, head turned glaring at the open dusty road.

Once again, the boys were on another hunt.

Matt and Johnny had found a new clan of vampires in New Jersey of all places. Some fucked up little town that had a name that Jimmy snicker in delighted amusement.

Brian, was still sulking over his recent break up with his long term girlfriend. Jimmy hit the gas, Ohio always did creep him out, not to mention Brian got him lost by not giving him the right directions.

-x-

"Well, it's about time, how are you today Princess?" Matt laughed, ruffling Brian's hair as he had gotten out of the dark mud splattered Jeep he had been cramped into for almost 2 days now.

"Bitch." He muttered, staggering to the hotel room, the one Jimmy had beat him too.

"What's up with him?" Matt snickered quietly, fussing over a smudge that he hasn't been able to see through for a day on his sun glasses.

"Does it matter? He's Syn, he'll get over it. " Zacky said, pissed off because both the traveling boys left their bags for him to get. Zacky always felt like the group's bitch. Which sadly, he kind of was.

"Shrimp, come on... Stop being so stalkerish. You'll never get a pretty girl like that, let's go." Zacky sighed, attempting to pull Johnny and the bags from the back corner of the Jeep. The bags listened.

The over grown lawn gnome was still starring at a short bleach blond haired girl at some huge expensive house down the road.