Status: Active

Samantha

Peter's Genorosity

We walked for about a mile or so when we were bestowed upon an elegant golden castle. We walked up the front stairs. I didn’t acknowledge that we were to actually be going into the castle. It was rumored that the sons of Adam, Peter and Edmund, and the daughters of Eve, Susan and Lucy, were to be living within the glorious dwelling.

We walked up more steps and into a hallway. On my left, in about the middle of the hall, was a door. It was open. I took a glimpse inside to see two boys and a girl. One boy seemed to be somewhere near seventeen with blonde hair, whilst the other boy looked about thirteen with blackish hair. The girl seemed about fifteen with black hair. Phillip seemed to not pay attention and just kept walking, and so I kept following him.

“Hey, Phillip,” I heard from behind me. Phillip and I turned around to see the blonde seventeen-year-old emerge from the room. He walked up to us and didn’t even acknowledge me. He seemed to be quite handsome. “How are you?”

“I am fine, you’re Majesty,” Phillip responded. “And you?”

“I’m splendid,” said the boy. “And I’ve told you. Susan, Lucy, Edmund, and I don’t like formality.”

“Yes, Peter,” Phillip said. “Forgive me.”

“There’s nothing to forgive,” he said. “It is very late. Why are you in the castle?”

“Aslan has ordered me to bring Samantha here to get food within the kitchens,” Phillip said.

Peter looked down, for he was nearly a foot taller than I, and said, “I see. Tell me, Samantha. Where are you from?”

“I am from beyond the Narnian Forrest, the Narnian Mountains, and the Narnian Ocean,” I responded, getting weary from telling this over again.

“That’s a long way for a young girl to be traveling,” Peter said. “What brings you all this way?”

“If it is alright with you,” I started, “I’d rather not say. You’re Majesty.”

“Please,” Peter said with a smile. “Do not use formality. You may call me Peter. By the way, where are you staying?”

“At the camp of Aslan,” I said.

“Ah,” Peter said. “And you are to be bathing within the river, I suppose?” he said.

“No offense, Peter,” I said. “But that is a personal question.”

“I take that as a yes,” he said. I blushed. “I have an idea. Phillip.”

“Yes, King Peter,” Phillip responded.

“Would you go and fetch Muriel for me, please?” Peter asked. “And tell her to make up the room across from my own.”

“Yes, sir,” Phillip said. He turned to leave.

“Samantha,” Peter said, grasping my attention. “Follow me.”

Peter and I walked up a flight of stairs. We stopped at the second door on the left.

“This,” Peter started, “is where you shall be bathing.” He opened the door and I saw inside a huge golden tub. “I’ll have Muriel bring you in some towels and a nightdress.” He turned to leave.

“Peter,” I said before he could close the door. He turned back around. “Thank you.”

He gave a genuine smile and said, “When you’re done, just come into my room. It’s the one across from your own. Muriel will show you where it is located.” He shut the door and left.