Status: Active

Samantha

Susan, Edmund, and Lucy

I watched as he left. I undressed from within my clothing and slid into the tub, which was already filled with hot water. I just sat there and soaked. I had a feeling of bliss sweep over me. Suddenly, there was knocking heard on the other side of the wooden door.

“Miss Samantha,” I heard a female voice speak. “It is I, Muriel. I have brought your towels and nightdress. I shall leave them inside the way of the door and wait for you outside.” The door opened a little and in came a hand, which held a maroon colored wool towel and a satin pink nightdress. On top of that, was a pair of pink slippers.

“Thank you,” I said through the door, not knowing if she could hear what I said through the door or not.

“You’re welcome, child,” was the response as to which I got back from her, answering my question.

I bathed and washed my wavy, red hair. I got out of the golden tub and dried off my wet body with the towel. I dried my hair and tied it up with a pink ribbon that had caught my eye on the golden sink. I pulled the satin nightdress over my head and slipped the warm slippers on my feet. I did not know what to do with the towel, so I decided that I should ask Muriel.

I walked out the door and looked to my right to see a centaur. It had a white lacy shirt on and had wavy blonde hair. “Are you Muriel?” I asked it.

“Yes, dear,” it responded. “And you shall be Samantha, correct?” I simply nodded. “Here,” she said, taking the towel from within my arms. “I shall take this. Follow me.”

I followed her down to the room I was before in front of. “This is the room of King Peter,” she said. Then, she pointed to the door across from it. “And this room belongs to you.” I was about to open the gold plated double door when Muriel stopped me. “King Peter wishes to see you first.”

I walked across the hall and knocked on his golden door. It opened and the blonde haired boy emerged. “Samantha,” Peter said. “Come in.” He moved away so that I could make my way into the elegant room.

There were two windows. A bed with maroon bed sheets were positioned in between them. A few feet from the bed’s foot was a maroon couch. On the wall to the right was a fireplace. Beside it was a bookcase holding at least one hundred books. On the left wall, a dresser was placed. Above it was a mirror.

“I love your room,” I said, taking no notice to the other two people within the room. I heard a throat being cleared. I turned around to see the thirteen-year-old boy and the fifteen-year-old girl, both with black hair. “Oh,” I started. “Hello. I’m Samantha.”

“Hello,” the girl said, waving. “I am Susan, and this is my very rude brother, Edmund.” She was pointing her thumb in the direction of her brother.

“Hello, Edmund,” I said. He simply waved. Suddenly, the door opened.

A girl with brown hair, who looked to be nine, walked in, in her hand a bowl of fruit, which she was about to drop.

“Here,” I said, rushing over. “Let me help you.” I grabbed the bowl just before it was to fall on the recently polished wooden floor. I learned she was not ready for someone to come and take off of her the heavy weight, for she tripped and fell onto the floor. Susan rushed over to help this girl off of the floor.

“Are you all right, Lucy,” she asked.

“Yes,” Lucy, as I just learned her name to be, said. “I’m fine.”

“I am so very sorry,” I said, mortified that I had just made a daughter of Eve, and queen of Narnia, no less, fall onto the ground.

“It is perfectly all right,” Lucy said. She stood up, with help from Susan, and said, “Hi. I’m Lucy.”

“Samantha,” I said. I gave a nod in her direction, for I was still holding the bowl of fruit.

“Here,” Peter said. He took the bowl from my hands and set it on the dresser.

“Thank you,” I said. I shook Lucy’s hand. “Samantha,” I repeated.

“So Samantha,” Susan started. “What brings you all the way to Narnia? Peter told us how far off your home is located.”

“Well,” I said. “I’m here to seek help from Aslan.”

“Help?” Edmund said, speaking for the first time since I set foot inside Peter’s room. “Help with what?” Susan elbowed him in the stomach. “What?” Edmund whispered to her.

“Don’t be rude,” she whispered back.

“But,” Lucy started, “what do you need help with?” Susan rolled her eyes.

“You shall have to forgive Lucy and Edmund,” she said to me. “They can be most rude when they feel it need be.”

“It is quite all right,” I said. “I am actually here, for my brother needs help. The White Witch has cursed him, and no one but Aslan, we fear, can help him.”

“Oh no,” Susan said. “You poor dear. How serious is this curse that the White Witch has bestowed upon your brother?”

“He is dying,” I said, bowing my head.

“Samantha,” Peter started.

“You know what?” I said. “I should really get to sleep. It is late. Goodnight.” I walked out the door.