Status: Active

Samantha

I Wish I Wore Shoes...

I stayed outside of the door and listened to what they were going to say next.

“That poor dear,” I heard Susan say. “Her brother. Dying. I don’t see why any soul would want to do a thing as horrid as this.”

“I do,” Peter said. “I mean, this is the White Witch, after all.”

“I see what you mean,” Edmund said. I had heard my share. I did not want to hear anything more. Also, it was very rude to eavesdrop. I walked across the hall, and into my room for the first time.

The room was amazingly similar to Peter’s, for it had the same modeling and design. The only difference was that, instead of maroon, was the most gorgeous color of blue. I lay down in my bed, and I fell asleep almost instantly.

I awoke the next morning when the sun was just rising. I set my eyes to the foot of my bed to see a dress. The dress was a beautiful pale green with a corset style top. I stripped out of my pink nightdress and but on the new clothing. There were shoes next to the bed, but I did not put them on, for I did not feel it need be. I put a brush through my red hair and walked out the door, at the precise moment Peter was escaping his room.

He nodded to me, as I did so to him in return. “Have a nice sleep?” he asked.

“Yes,” I replied. “Thank you.”

“Are you hungry?” he asked.

“No,” I said. “Not really.”

“You must be famished,” he said. “You had not to eat in a month, at least.”

“I am not really hungry at all,” I said. “I am normally not.” We started walking down the hallway together. “What are your plans for today?” I asked, trying to make conversation.

“I am not so sure,” he said, “I’m thinking about taking a ride on my horse. Would you like to join me?”

“I would love to,” I said. “But I cannot. I must go and see Aslan.”

“At least,” he started, “let me accompany you.”

“Alright,” I said. We walked out of the castle and onto the trail I took to get here the night before. There was fresh fallen snow on the ground. I was now regretting for not wearing shoes.

“Here we are,” Peter said a little while after we had left. We walked up to Aslan’s tent, and entered. “Aslan,” Peter called. “Samantha is here to see you.”

Aslan showed, and bowed to Peter, in which Peter returned.