The Daughter Born From Darkness

The Daughter of Revenge

Daughter Born From Darkness
(A Rin Okumura Story)
Chapter 1
The Daughter of Revenge

“You’re a demon!” were voices that echoed through my mind.
I lay my body on the mud filled ground. I let the rain pasture my hair to my face. I was drenched from head to foot with not only water, but despair, regret and anger. My body went numb due to the cold. I couldn’t feel the rain or the painful blows that were given to my body. I gave up fighting back. Fighting won’t bring my parents back or destroy the damn exorcists that murdered my father and drove my mother into suicide, but revenge will. It won’t bring my parents back, but it will kill the wretched humans that stole something precious to me; a family. There’s no point in fighting these weak humans. The only ones I will fight are the exorcists of The Southern Cross Boys’ Monastery. I felt myself succumb to darkness as I slowly drifted into my consciousness.

As I walked by the playground near the monastery I lived in, I noticed a group of guys harassing a girl who seems like she was unconscious on the ground. I felt anger swell up inside me as I balled up my hands into fists.
“You bastards have nothing else to do, but to harass defenseless girls? That’s just low.” I told them as I walked over to their group.
The leader focused his attention on me as he looked at me up and down.
“Pft, a demon rescuing a demon huh? Why don’t you guys just go back to where you came from and stay there?” He told me.
I grinded my teeth together as my eyes glared daggers at him. A low and angry growl escaped through my teeth. He scoffed at me and started walking away. His followers walked closely behind him, eying me. I ignored their glances and ran over to the girl on the ground.
“What did he mean by a demon rescuing a demon?” I thought.
I started to check her out. She looked around my age. She had a cute face and nice curvy, but slender body. Her hair was long, straight and purple. She wore a tight shirt that revealed her stomach and blue jeans that had holes in them. Something behind her caught my attention. I grabbed it and pulled it up into my line of view. I couldn’t believe it. It was a tail and it looked just like mine. I put it down and stared at her face again. She was just like me. She was a half demon who was abused and neglected all her life. I lifted her up and carried her in my arms. I started walking towards the monastery where I lived. Her head rested against my shoulder. I placed her arms around my neck. Her hair smelled of a sweet scent and her skin was soft and smooth. Her eyes were closed and her lips were parted slightly as if she was trying to breathe through her mouth. Her chest moved up and down in a steady beat of her breathing. Her cute face was bruised from the punches those guys gave her. Her body was covered with dirt when the guys kicked her numerously. What has this world come to? Demons like us suffer because of how we were born. It wasn’t like we asked to be like this. I even refuse to believe that I’m a demon, since I was raised as a human in a monastery, but the demonic power that runs through my veins forces me to believe. I want to destroy my “father” and live my life as a human and in order to do that, I have to become an exorcist. Maybe she can become an exorcist too, so she can live in this world without being harassed for any reason. When I arrived, I rested her body on my bed and my younger twin brother Yukio treated to her wounds. After that, I awaited her to awaken.