Status: On going

Right Girl

I choose you

Samantha Brooks:

“Hello?"

”Sam! In 15 minutes, I’ll be there so you have to welcome me like you really want me there”


I rolled out of my bed until I fell on the floor. I ran towards the guest room and left my phone on my bed, leaving my sister talking to herself. I smashed the door opened and pulled Garrett out of the bed.

Garrett forced me that he should sleep at the guest room, instead of my room. “Garrett! Wake up! Wake up! Shit! Wake up!” I shouted at his ear. I don’t want my sister to see a guy sleeping at her old room.

“W-what? Why?” Garrett rubbed his eyes and grabbed his things all the way to the living room.

“My sister is coming. I don’t know why but she’s going to be here in 15 minutes!” I yelled while fixing the bed, trying to make it look neat and the way it used to be.

I grabbed Garrett’s car key for him and pushed him to our front porch, “I’ll call you, promise!” I said and kissed him on the cheek.

I watched as Garrett’s car disappeared from under the tree in front of our house. Now, the only problem is my sister. I wonder what she’s up to and thought of coming back here to Arizona all of a sudden without even telling me before hand. I have to roll from my bed just to fix things.

I tied my hair and prepared coffee to make her think that I was awake before she called. Sabrina has a different mind; what she thinks, what she believes.

When I heard the cab pull over, I fixed myself first and looked at the mirror. When I heard Sabrina's high pitched voice, I came running to the door to open for her.

“Oh my God! Is that you Samantha Daniel Brooks?” Sabrina looked at me head to toe while holding my shoulders. “Oh my God! It is you!” She screamed on the top of her lungs while dropping her luggage.

“Yeah, it is, Sabrina. Don't call me Daniel, you know that I hate that name, right?” I asked shyly and grabbed the remaining luggage from her hands.

Sabrina hugged me when her hands were free from her bags, “So, what brings you here all of a sudden?” I asked after.

“Uh, Sam, can I ask a favor?”

I tried to decline because the last time she asked for a favor, my hair color became red. I don't want that or anything close to that to happen again in my entire life. But she is my sister after all, and I still have a heart.

“Sam, can you model for Kiss and Take?” Sabrina grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly.

I shook my head and pulled my hand away, making her things drop from my grip, “What?
Why will I model? Sab!” I mumbled while I was losing my thoughts.

“Please? I sprained my ankle while rehearsing and I can't find any replacement. The only person I can trust doing this is you!” Sabrina pointed at my chest while she showed me her ankle.

I forced her to sit down at the couch by pushing her down from her shoulders, “I hate you, Sab. Why do you do this to me?”

Sabrina winked at me and giggled, “Cause I'm your sister. I can train you right now. Please? Please?” She begged.

I kicked the edge of the couch and sat beside her. What else can I do? It's already here. She's already here with a sprained ankle. Without giving me a hint, I'm going to be a model at the wrong time and it was never my dream to be a model even though I don't have bad posture because Sabrina taught me how to walk, sit, stand like a model before.

Sabrina pushed my hand away from my lap and rested her head there, “Please, Sam? Mom and dad will be so proud of you. Please?”

I smiled a little and nodded, “Sure. But train me. Do it all day if you can, just train me”

Sabrina held my hand and giggled with her little voice, “You already know how. I taught you
how to walk before I moved to LA, right? And I taught you how to stand and even the poses. So I believe that you can really do it. By your new image, I know you gained confidence in yourself”

Sabrina started to tie my hair into a braid and other styles until she asked, “Is it about a guy?”

I tried to look at her but she was holding my hair, “Uh..”

“Do I know this guy?” She asked again.

“No, you do not know this guy, Sab. You just came here, remember?” I rolled my eyes.

Time flies so fast. Sabrina taught me how to walk like a pro again but of course, little by little because of her sprained ankle. I didn't noticed that Garrett kept on calling me because I was too busy bonding with Sabrina. I called Garrett back.

After refreshing myself with a shower, Sabrina was fixing her things at the guest room. Someone was at the door so I ran and opened it, to my surprise, Mandy was standing in front of me with Garrett behind her.

“Oh, Hi Sam! Oh, gee, I think we have the wrong house, Gar” Mandy crossed her arms in front of her chest and glared at Garrett. “You just want to see Sam, didn't you?” Mandy teased.

With a split of second, Sabrina was already standing beside me, “Hi Mandy!” Sabrina greeted.

I looked at Sabrina with a shocked her expression, “You know her?” I asked.

Mandy and Sabrina hugged while Garrett and I became speechless. We didn't know that we have another connection other than school.

“Samantha Daniel Brooks, greet Mandy Logan. She models for Kiss and Take too. She's going to help me train you today” Sabrina informed me while I forced a smile to Mandy.

"Oh, I know her, Sab. She's a friend of Garrett, my cousin” Mandy uttered and smiled back at me. I don't know why I'm feeling very uncomfortable right now.

Mandy continued my walking lessons because Sabrina's right foot are hurting already because of the ankle. Mandy was very strict. She wouldn't let me take off my heels until it was break time.

But that didn't bothered me. What bothered me was while Mandy and I are having our modeling session, I noticed how Sabrina got so close to Garrett already. They were laughing as if they knew each other since way back. I can't help but noticed how Garrett was very happy while talking to my sister. It made me a little down again. Why is it always my sister? Why can't it be me for a change?

“Wow, Sabrina. Sam gets it already. How does she do that?” Mandy asked proudly at Sam who was still busy talking to Garrett.

“I taught her to model when she was 13, while I was still living here. She was like a pro already but she didn't used what she learned from me, though” Sabrina trailed off and went back to Garrett.

I groaned to myself and scratched my head, “Why is this getting annoying?” I asked myself in a whisper.

“What's getting annoying?” I turned my back and saw Garrett holding a glass of juice.

“Nothing” I answered. He gave me the class of juice and stayed with me in the living room for a while.

Since it was still break time, I jumped off of my heels and sat on the couch while they were all talking to Sabrina at the living room. I sighed and yawned because of boredom.

“I'm going to go up to my room first!” I shouted as I ran upstairs to my room.

I switched on the TV and tossed a pillow on my head, “WHY IS IT ALWAYS HER?!” I shouted.

I heard Garrett's voice beside me, which gave me the chills, “Look at the clown!” he shouted and pointed at the TV. “Stupid clowns!” He continued.

“How long have you been there?” I asked him.

“Since you had a pillow on your head” He answered with his eyes still glued to the TV.

“Who's HER?” Garrett asked but with a more serious voice.

“Uh.. Sabrina” I answered. I stared blankly at my bed and sighed. “She's a human magnet! Everyone's attention is always at her. It was never me” I opened up. I can't even believe I'm saying this to Garrett while he's watching clowns hit each other.

“No, she doesn't get everyone's attention, Samantha Daniel”

I shook my head and pouted, “What do you mean? By the way, don't call me with my full name. No one in school even knows my name is Samantha Daniel. Daniel sucks”

Garrett bit his lower lip and looked at me, “Your sister doesn't get everyone's attention, Sam. You got that wrong because she never got my attention. And.. What? I have Daniel in my name too. So fuck you for hating Daniel!”

I chuckled a little for his reaction for our Daniel names but Sabrina struck back to my mind again, “You were happily talking to her a while ago”

Garrett pointed at me and smiled, “You're jealous, aren't you?!”

I shook my head and covered my mouth, “No. Not jealous!”

“Then why are you red?”

I ran towards the mirror and laughed, “No! I am not red, Garrett! Fuck you!”

“Oh come on. Just admit it that you're jealous! I won't get mad!” Garrett exclaimed.

I shook my head and leaned on the mirror when I noticed him getting up from my bed and walking towards me, “Come on. Sam is jealous!” Garrett teased.

I shook my head and complained of what he is doing is close to abuse, “No! I am not!”

I leaned on the mirror when Garrett stood in front of me and his hands pressed on the wall, “Tell me you're jealous” He repeated.

“No, I am not jealous”

Garrett's hands landed on my waist, “Still not going to admit it?” He said.

“Nope, because I am not what you're trying to make me say” I answered confidently.

Garrett started to tickle my waist which made me fall on the floor, laughing. He carried me to the bed still tickling me while shouting, “Still not jealous, Sam?!”

I tried to shake my head and deny but I can't because I'm too ticklish and he knows me weakness. “No! Not jealous!”

We stopped when someone knocked on the door, “Yes?” I answered and opened the door.

Sabrina was smiling at me but mostly at Garrett, “Sam, Mandy is calling you”

I giggled and made my way to the living room and wore my heels again.

Practiced lasted for about 4 hours with Mandy and a little bit help of Sabrina but Garrett was always standing beside her that made me feel annoyed. I don't know if he really wants me to get mad or he just wants to play.

&&

The next day was already the event that Sabrina and Mandy was waiting for. Mandy will be modeling too which made me feel less nervous because I know she's there but Sabrina.. The gloominess in her eyes are very obvious because for sure, she wants to take part of this event but her doctor won't let her.

“Hi Sabrina!” Sabrina held my hand as the designer of Kiss and Take welcomed us to the backstage where the other models will also stay.

“Is this your sister? She is beautiful!” The designer commented and pulled my hair at the back of my shoulders.

“Yes, this is Samantha and she'll be be my replacement, Tony. I'm so sorry I can't model for now” Sabrina pulled me closer as she says sorry to the young designer.

“You said, Samantha can model, right? Well, you're one of my top models so I trust you on this. Besides, Samantha looks like she can do pretty well tonight” Tony, the designer, shook my hand as he smiled sweetly and it made me feel less awkward and nervous at the same time.

“I'll be sending pictures to mom and dad, so please, do your best. I trust you. I wish you luck, okay. I'll be with Garrett. Do your best, sweetie” Sabrina hugged me before going out of the backstage.

I sat down as the make up stylist run down my face and soon placed the make up on me. I noticed the people around me being busy and looking for the other models and dresses then I saw Mandy walking up to me with her hair and make up done.

“Wow, you look really really pretty” I complimented.

“You do too, Sam. Remember all the things that I taught you yesterday. Walk out there like no one's watching, only the person you love is there and you want show that person your confidence. Do it, Sam. Show them what you got!” Mandy shook my shoulders as we both look at the mirror in front of us.

“Thanks, Mandy”

But she really is right. The person I really like is there.. with my sister. I have to make Garrett proud. To show him what have I become because of his help. I've gotten to show him that I've got this far because of his help and guidance. I will make him proud.

I looked at myself and I looked very much different from my wavy hair tips to my pink make up. It made me look very different. I changed to my floral dress, which was the first dress that I'm going to model and I'll be the 3rd that will be on stage.

I took a peek at the crowd and immediately saw John and Jared since they weren't hard to ever notice in a large group of crowd. Then I saw Pat with Tim and Trey, then I saw Garrett with my sister. Fuck him. They were all lovey-dowey. God, I hate my sister and Garrett so much right now.

“Samantha, you're up!”

I walked up the stage very calmly. I was not nervous anymore, thanks to Mandy. I tried to change the person in my mind though, it became my parents instead of Garrett which made it a lot easier for me to let the image I saw a while ago, blur out from my mind.

People clapped their hands and I appreciated it because I know I didn't do something wrong with my modeling. I made my way backstage to change to my next dress.

“You did very well!” Mandy hugged me tightly while I was about to put up my dress.

“Thanks, Mandy!” I pulled away and she helped me zip up my dress.

When Mandy took off, a couple of models came towards me, “So, you're Sabrina's little sister, huh?” They asked.

“Yes, I am” I answered while putting on my new heels.

“You don't fit here” The black haired girl said and kicked the other pair of my heels away.

“Hey, don't get those ruined!” I shouted back at her.

They just laughed at me. “You know, if you want to have a fight, let's do it later, not right now!” I said and ran towards the stage because I'll be going out soon to model for my 2nd dress.

I saw Mandy exit from the opposite side of the stage, I called her and waved at her. She smiled at me and continued to walk to her dressing room.

I walked down the small stage again and walked like no one was looking. I have to give all I've got to get just a little of the attention Sabrina has been receiving.

&&

After the show, I grabbed all my things and was about to go to out of the backstage when I saw a crowd of models in the middle of the back stage.

“Now, who's here?” I asked myself.

I moved a little closer and was surprised to see Garrett. “So, you really have a girlfriend?” They asked him.

“Yup” Garrett answered

I rolled my eyes and raised an eyebrow, Maybe Garrett and Sabrina are dating now. I don't even know what I am to Garrett and I'll try not to be surprised when Sabrina runs to me later and say that she's going on a date with Garrett.

“With Sabrina Brooks? I saw you two a while ago” Another model said.

"Nope!" Garrett's quick answer.

I gripped on my bag because I have no clue who was he going to answer. Am I missing something here? Don't I know anything that is happening right now?

“I'm dating Samantha Brooks, Sabrina's sister” Garrett replied.

I dropped my bag which caught everyone's attention. “Oh, there she is!” Garrett exclaimed and ran to my side and grabbed my bag.

“Come on! Let's go eat. They're waiting outside” Garrett whispered and smiled.

While Garrett and I are headed to the parking lot, because he forced the others that I'll come with him to the restaurant my sister planned on having a surprise dinner for me which I already know about because of Pat. So I was alone with Garrett again.

While we were walking, I was actually walking behind him. I pulled his hand to make him stop. I scratched my neck and sighed, “Why?” He asked.

“Garrett, what if I told you that I was jealous and everything you said yesterday was in fact real?” I wondered.

“I don't know. I would've hugged you until your sister comes knocking on your door. At least that would make you feel less jealous, I'm sorry" He answered.

"Don't you like my sister? She's pretty, smart, a model, every guys dream is to be with her, you know" I joked.

"Yeah, I know. I figured that out since I saw her. John has thoughts on hitting on your sister, by the way. Uh, but Sam, she's not you. I won't get tired of saying this over and over again.. that I like you" Those were the sweetest words that came out from Garrett. I never thought I could hear it again.

"Are we dating?" I asked.

"I don't know" was his answer.

I smiled at him while he smiled back, "Let's date!" He joked.

Garrett made me feel what I've been trying to feel about my sister. For once, someone sees me as someone more important than her. I have something that my sister doesn't have, I have Garrett.
♠ ♠ ♠
YEEEY. Sorry for the slow updates :(
Schools coming up and yeah. Sorry :(