Status: On going

Right Girl

If the truth comes out

“Why are you smiling?” Garrett buzzed.

I stuck my tongue out and cracked up, “You don’t want me to? Should I put it away?”

Garrett’s eyes are still focused on the road, “No, don’t. I like it that way, Sam”

Garrett and I reached the restaurant and the band’s van can be seen not too far away from where we are. Garrett opened up the door for me and grabbed my hand as we headed to the entrance door.

“Hey! Look who arrived!” Pat announced loudly.

Garrett grabbed my bag from my shoulder and led me to my seat beside his saved seat.

“So, did we make her jealous?” Sabrina asked Garrett as soon as we sat down.

“What was that?” I asked both Garrett and Sabrina and I just became speechless and wondered where they got the guts to do that.

“So, I noticed that you were always looking at Garrett during your sessions with Mandy and I had a plan with Garrett. Since, I missed playing with you for a while now; I planned on making you jealous. Who knew you were the jealous type, right?” Sabrina explained while she was smiling at me like what she did was not a crime.

“Whatever” I answered.

While chatting and eating, it felt like we were a big family. It's sort of like we knew each others since diapers and up to know, we're still together. I liked the feeling that I was not awkward anymore and I know the number of people that becomes my friend grow and grow.

John walked up to Garrett and took him out for a while. I wondered why. Is it because of the band issue that no one knows about except them?

I looked worriedly at John and Garrett as they walked out of the restaurant, “Everything will be fine.. Hopefully” I whispered and looked back to my food.

Garrett Nickelsen:

“Garrett, stop this!” John shouted at my face.

But I realized, I should stand up from John and prove him wrong, I like Sam and I don't care about the record deal anymore but why does he not believe everything I explained before? Do I look like a crappy liar? Do I look like I'm joking?

“John, I like Sam. Fuck the record deal, okay!” I was furious because my own friend doesn't believe me when I trusted him with this secret all along.

“Garrett, you suck at relationships! You won't take the risk of liking Sam if not for the record deal!”

“I tried to do that at first, John. Then I realized, the pretend feeling became real. I'm willing to risk anything just to have Sam and be with her because she's the only girl I want to be with 'til the very end. I would fight for her if I have to!” I really hoped John got my point.

“Would you still fight for her if she finds out about the record deal and she pushes you away? Would you still fight for her, Garrett?!” John argued.

I suddenly became weak to the thought of Sam pushing me away and out of her life herself, “I would, John” I answered softly.

John sighed and kicked the rock beside the van, “Don't get mad, Garrett. I just want to clear things up"

My answer was almost in a shouting tone of voice, “Sorry, man. It's just that.. There's so many things running in my head right now"

“Dude, calm down” John responded.

I scratched my head, “Things are too fucked up but I don't want to let go”

“But you have to know what will happen in the future for the both of you! Do you get me?" He yelled again.

John's right. I'll just hurt Sam but I don't want to let this go because she means so much to me, "I get you!"

&&

John patted my back before we headed to the restaurant. Even though I'm a bit down, on the bright side, John was only doing this for Sam and I. He doesn't want us to get hurt, that's why.

“Hey, where have you been?” Sam asked after I sat down beside her.

“To the van. John showed me awesome gifts from some fans” I lied.

“That was so sweet!” Sam whispered.

My hand accidentally touched Sam's finger under the table, next thing happened: we were holding hands under the table, where no one can see and no one can tease us about it. But, I was wrong.

Mandy, whose seat was in front of mine, kicked my knee, “Ouch!” I complained.

Mandy pointed down and frowned, “Seriously, Garrett?! Under the table?!”

“What's the problem?” Sabrina asked.

Sam doesn't have a clue of what's going on since she's busy talking to Jared about his guitar skills and other things related to band and guitar stuffs.

Sabrina ducked down and saw Sam and I holding hands under the table, “Garrett?! Under the table?!” Sabrina groaned.

&&
“Bye guys! Thank you for tonight!” Sam said goodbye to everyone until they all left the restaurant first with Sabrina going with Mandy.

It's been an hour since I was holding her hand and I haven't let go of it cause I'm scared of her date with John tomorrow. John is a girl magnet but I know Sam doesn't see him that way because I know she can't get her but I just want to make sure.

I was driving back home when I turned left to a different path. It scared Sam for a minute or two but she got it done when she found out that I was taking her to the playground where she ran to when we were still secretly friends back then.

“Why here?” She asked after she got up from the car.

“I don't know. It just came to my mind to bring you here at a light night while we still have classes tomorrow” I laughed.

“Oh yeah, we have school tomorrow. Fuck” She exclaimed.

Sam ran towards the slide and climbed on it while I was just standing beside a tree, looking at her and her childish actions, “What are you doing there?” She asked. I ran towards the slide and waited for her to slide down like a kid.

“I love slides but I love swings too!” Sam ran towards the swing and looked at me with her puppy eyes.

“You want me to push you?” I giggled and pushed her a little.

“Garrett, you are a wimp! Push me more!” Sam demanded.

I laughed hard and pushed her with more force, “Like this?” I asked.

“Yeah! More! More!” She replied.

We were just like kids playing around the park but at night time and we don't have curfews anymore but it was fun. It always has been fun when I'm with Sam, which is all the time.

I pulled Sam's hand as we walk back the car. “You've been holding my hand since whole evening” She giggled.

“You don't like me to do that?” I questioned.

She shook her head which made me pull my hand back but she grabbed it after, “I don't like it, Garrett. But I love it”

I hugged Sam and whispered, “Can you hug me for the rest of my life?”

“Garrett, I can't. We still have to breathe and eat to survive and we still have classes tomorrow” She answered jokingly

“I hate you, Sam” I whispered.

“I like you too, Garrett” was her answer..

The thoughts about the plan came running around in my head again and I wondered, would she still hug me that way when she really know the reason why I want to get close to her in the first place?

&&

Samantha Brooks:


"Please, Sab? Can I be absent tomorrow because I'm really tired!" I begged while I was kneeling down beside her bed.

"Yeah, whatever. Do what you want" She hissed. I'm glad she was very drunk that time, all thanks to Kennedy and John.

I ran back to my room and grabbed my phone, "Hey, I'll open the door now. She said, yes. I told you she was very drunk"

"Blame John and Kennedy for everything. No! Don't blame them, thank them!"
He laughed.

I slowly made my way downstairs and opened up the front door to let Garrett in. I noticed he was already cold because he was standing there for half an hour already because I have to wait for Sabrina to stop talking and go to sleep.

"Sorry" I said and pulled him in.

We walked quietly to my room and he almost tripped because of Sabrina's shoes scattered on the floor.

Garrett pulled me to sit on the bed with him, "How was your day? Let's pretend I wasn't with you all day" He asked.

"Stressful. I'm tired but seeing Sabrina so proud of me, everyone was so proud of me, I don't feel tired anymore, Garrett. It's just like that" I answered with a gentle voice.

"How does it feel when you saw me at the crowd?" He asked again.

"Pressured. I want to make you proud of how far I've been because of you" I replied and smiled.

"So, are you going to school tomorrow?" I asked.

"Nope, parents are out again with Trey because they have some business so I decided for myself. That was easy, huh?" He answered back with a laugh.

"Do you trust me?" He asked again for nth time already.

"I do. Why?"

"Nothing. I always remember that you have trust issues and it always bothered me if you trust me or not" He explained.

I smiled at him and bit my lower lip, "Nope, I'm fine now. Okay, test me then. Ask me question and I'll answer honestly" I challenged.

"Are you lesbian?" Was his first question which made us roll on the bed while laughing. "Of course not!" I replied.

"What's the work of your parents?" He asked the 2nd question.

"I don't tell this to anyone because I'm afraid that they'll use me for fame or something like that. But my dad owns this big record company along side with my mom, who is a producer before" I responded honestly

"What if someone really used you for fame? What will you do? For example, they'll pretend that they want to be friends with you but all they want is a record deal?"

I shook my head and pouted, "If that person is very important to me, I'll just regret everything; the memories, the laughter, the tears, everything! But if that person is just someone, I don't know.. It won't bother me that much"

Garrett smiled at me and laughed, "Can I hug you again?"

I moved closer and hugged me tightly like what we did at the park. But his hug is more gentle. I wish we can stay like this forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was out all day since yesterday so I didn't get the chance to update.
Sorry guys :( I edited this, by the way :)