Status: On going

Right Girl

Meet the parents

“Sam! “ Sabrina pulled me out of the chair from our dining table to the front door with a cheerful face.

“What?!” I asked annoyingly while I chew on my toasted bread.

Sabrina opened the front door and to my surprise, it was full of baskets of roses. I looked at Sabrina with a freaked out expression painted on my face and walked outside, “This can’t be mine” I said.

“It must be yours! Garrett is the sweetest!” Sabrina exclaimed happily.

I looked at the note on one of the baskets and started to laugh hard. I was laughing so hard that I already sound like a pig. Because the roses weren’t for me, it was for Sabrina.

“Sab!” I called out to her and pointed at the note.

Sabrina shook her head from and raised her shoulders, “Why? Are you going to shove it in my face that I don’t have a --- Oh my God! It’s for me! Where did this come from?” She asked as she grabbed the piece of paper from my grip.

“Admirer” I answered obviously.

“I don’t have any” She stared at me and licked her lower lip.

“John likes you” I replied.

“Can’t be. I think, he’s not that type to do this” Sabrina grabbed the three baskets of roses from the ground and smiled at it, like it was a human being.

“But it’s sweet, though” She continued and brought the flowers in the house.

I ran towards the dining area and continued to my breakfast meal that got disturbed by Sabrina’s wrong thought. But I was happy for her because someone already eyes her.

I was drinking my coffee when my phone rang beside my plate. Sabrina glared at me because we have a rule that says no one can use our cell phones during meal hours and especially when we’re all together.

“Come on, Sab. One call, please?” I begged.

Sabrina sighed and answered, “Good thing dad isn’t here. Go ahead”

I walked to the living room and answered Garrett’s call, “Hello? I’m eating”

“Oops. I’m sorry about that but anyway, it’s Trey’s birthday party later. Can you come? Please?”
Garrett asked with a sad tone of voice.

“It’s Trey’s birthday?” I asked again.

“Yes. Please come! Bring Sabrina along because Mandy would be here and she wants you to bring you sister along. Also, John, Pat, Kennedy and Jared will be there” He said excitedly.

“Sure. What time?”

“7pm. Be there, okay? Bye, Sam”


I went back to Sam who was still eating her toasted bread while reading a newspaper, “Sab, party later!” I uttered cheerfully.

“Who has a party later?” She asked while her eyes are still glued to the newspaper, at the section that talks about celebrities and fashion.

“Trey’s. It’s his birthday”

“Oh really? That would be fun! Come on. Let’s go later, okay”

During the afternoon, I fell asleep while studying for our test on Monday but there’s something banging that made me awaken from my deep sleep, and it was the only time I can actually sleep.

I rubbed my neck and walked to where the loud noise can be heard. I was only half awake and half asleep so I didn’t noticed Sabrina’s door and accidentally bumped on it. Sabrina may have heard the loud sound and opened the door.

“What’s your problem?” She asked.

“I was going to ask you the same thing. I can hear annoying sounds coming from your room” I teased.

“Annoying?” She pointed at her things that was scattered on the ground.

“What are you doing in here?” I asked as I rubbed my eyes and remembered that I forgot my glasses at my room.

“Uh, I’m looking for my make-up kit. I can’t go to a party without any make-up” She exclaimed as she continued to search through her things.

“Geez. I’ll lend you mine, just let me take a nap” I answered back in an irritated voice.

I stomped my way back to my room and jumped over my bed. I threw my books to the floor and fixed my pillows, “I’m fucking sleepy. Let me sleep” I shouted.

When I was sleeping, I started to dream. I wasn’t the dreamer type of person, so, I got surprised when stories or pictures appeared when I was sleeping.

I was standing in front of a really big brick wall and then I heard someone say, “Tell her. She needs to know”

I looked around but no one was there, just me. I continued to listen to the conversation of the two people speaking in my dream, “No, I won’t”

“But this is all a lie. You don’t love her in the first place”

“I do love her”

I opened my eyes and was surprised that it was already 5:30pm. The party starts at 7pm and I haven’t taken a bath yet and so did Sabrina who also fell asleep while looking for her precious make-up kit.

But I was taking a bath, the line in my dream kept on repeating in my head. It’s like I know the person talking and I feel like they’re talking about me but I can’t figure it out so surely because I didn’t see who was talking that time and I don’t have a clue about what they’re talking about.

I do love her..

&&

Before the party, Sabrina kept on complaining on how bad my make-up is. How bad my dress looks like because it’s not strapless and how bad I look like because I’m not wearing high heels like her. What does she want me to do? Be a carbon copy of her?

Sabrina and I arrived at the Nickelsen’s residence about time for the party. Everyone was there; even Garrett and Trey’s parents were present. John looked neat and so is Pat. Mandy appeared wearing a beautiful black dress and welcomed us inside.

“Hi Samantha and Sabrina” Mandy greeted us with a kiss on a cheek.

“Hi” I greeted back and smiled.

John suddenly appeared beside Mandy and cleared his throat, “So, did you like my little surprise?” He turned at Sabrina.

“What surprise?” Sabrina asked back.

“It’s the roses, Sab” John shot back.

I wanted to control my laugh because I know any minute now, my sister will erupt like a volcano. “It was you?!” She exclaimed.

“Yeah, I’m a sweet guy, after all. Right, Sam?” John asked me.

“Yes, you are” I replied sarcastically.

Someone pulled my hand and I wasn’t shocked when I saw Garrett beside me, “Hey”

I smiled at him and chuckled, “Hi”

“Nice dress” He commented.

“Nice hair. You look neat” I teased.

“Should I say thank you or should I answer fuck you?”

“Both will do” I answered back.

Garrett pulled me out from listening to the conversation of John and Sabrina and how the roses got to our house and how Sabrina thought that it was for me in the first place.

“I want you to meet my parents” Garrett whispered.

Garrett pulled me to their living room area where his parent’s are relaxing at the couch, “Good evening” I greeted them and smiled.

“Is this the famous Samantha Brooks that Garrett keeps on talking about?” His dad asked.

“Oh, dad blew my cover. Anyway, she is” Garrett answered.

“Such a beautiful young lady” His mother complimented.

“Thank you” I replied.

“She is, isn’t she?” Garrett added to his mom’s statement.

His mom grabbed my hands and giggled, “Come with me to my room”

I didn’t have a choice but to nod. Luckily, Mandy was dragged with me to her room as well.
“What do you want to do to Sam, auntie?” Mandy asked.

Garrett’s mother seems to be looking for something in her cabinet, “Here it is!” She exclaimed and grabbed a beautiful blue heart shaped dress from her closet.

“Garrett told me a few years ago that when he finds that special someone and introduce them to us, he wants me to make a dress for her” His mother trailed off

“You see, I can make dresses and I made this beforehand. So that when that time comes, I’m already done and I can give it to the girl” She continued.

Mandy pressed my shoulder and smiled, “Our family welcomes you, Samantha”

Garrett’s mom handed me the blue dress and smiled, “Wear it. He’ll love it”

I smiled back and took off my floral dress and replaced it with the heart shaped dress that fits perfectly to me. It feels like it was made for me.

“It fits perfectly, hun!” Garrett’s mom shouted happily and hugged me.

“You look even prettier” Mandy added.

After dressing up, my knees felt weak before I go down the stairs of the house. If Mandy didn’t push me, I could stay there all night because of my weak knees.
.
I walked down the stairs while linking arms with Mandy beside me, “Don’t worry, you look fine” She whispered.

Garrett smiled at me and so did Sabrina. I was supposed to go to Garrett when Sabrina appeared in front of my face, “Nice dress” She giggled.

“Garrett’s mom made this” I answered.

“Aww, sweet!”

I pushed Sabrina away and made my way to Garrett who was busy talking to Pat, “Hey” I greeted them.

“Hey--- Oh! You look wonderful!” Pat exclaimed.

“Thanks” I replied.

“You like the dress?” Garrett asked.

“It fits perfectly”

Garrett excused us from Pat and made our way to his room and back to his balcony where we first watched the stars before. I laughed and sat at the same position I did before.

“Look, can you see Garrett the star?” I asked him.

Garrett chuckled and pulled me closer, “He’s busy shining for someone”

“Oh man, lucky person. Garrett the star is shining on them” I giggled.

“Hey, I had a dream” I told him.

“What is it?” He asked.

“There was this two people talking and the other guy is talking about revealing something and the other guys replies as he loves this person so much” I looked at him curiously.

“Do you get me?” I asked.

“Trying to” He answered.

I sighed and scratched my neck, “Never mind. But the other guy said, I do love her, and it kept on repeating in my head. It’s like I know this person talking”

“Maybe it’s me?” He said in a tone of a question.

“They’re talking about revealing something, like a secret. Do you have any secrets from me?” I asked him.

Garrett shook his head and smiled, “N-n-none. Why would I have one?”
♠ ♠ ♠
School starts tomorrow :(
Spoiler: This fic will end soon :)