Status: On going

Right Girl

He was very different

Samantha Brooks:

I offered Garrett to stay for the night because of the hard rain and he accepted it, which made me happier that I can get to spend my time with him more.

“You’re awake. Good morning, Sam!” Garrett greeted me while holding a pan full of bacon and placed it on a empty plate.

“You cooked? Really?” I blinked more than 5 times to let what happened sink in. I can’t even imagine him cooking but seeing him do it today made me happy.

I walked up beside him while I looked at the bacon and eggs placed on the plates, “Is there something about you that I should know about? I don’t know that you can cook!”

I woke up with the smell of bacon and eggs coming from the kitchen. I jumped out of my bed and ran downstairs to check if someone is cooking and if my nose can be trusted.

Garrett laughed and smiled, “I do. You are one lucky person because I cooked for you. I don’t do that to others!”

We started to eat and everything was going smooth. I munched on his cooked bacon and to be honest, he is a good cook after all.

“Can I ask you out today, tomorrow and since it’s a holiday on Monday, even on Monday?” Garrett asked.

I almost choked on my food after hearing his question because nobody asked me out even before so I have no experience whatsoever.

“Please say yes. I’m making up to you” He added while trying his hardest to make a puppy face from his expression.

“Yes, sure” I answered back.

Garrett jumped and cheered like he won a big prize and got me out of my seat, carrying me and twirling me around the dining area like some idiots.

Garrett placed me back to my seat and the smile he had was still there, “Uh, after eating.. Uh, band practice! Come with me to band practice!” He informed

I shook my head with my eyes popping, “What? No Garrett!”

Garrett’s smile turned upside down and sighed, “But you said yes already. John’s going to be there and since you met John already, come on!”

Without another word from me, I nodded and smiled. Garrett’s smile came back but it was more beautiful than before. Is it a big deal to him if I won’t be with him all day or even just a part of a day?

&&

After eating breakfast, I took a bath and changed to my clothes but before we went on with our trip, something was in Garrett’s mind.

Garrett didn’t say anything but he pulled me to my room and grabbed a pair of scissors and looked at my faded jeans.

“Shit. Hate me for doing this but I just have to, Sam!” Garrett started to cut off my jeans carefully because he didn’t let me took it off just for.. You know.

I looked at my jeans that are now turned into shorts above my knee. My hand covered my mouth from surprise, “Garrett!” I exclaimed. I held onto Garrett's wrist when I felt my knees started to be weak.

“What? It suits you more than your jeans” He looked at me curiously and continued to fix my used to be jeans shorts.

Garrett looked up to my face and smiled, “I like this more. Can you do the messy tie on your hair like what you usually do on a hot afternoon?”

I nodded and grabbed my hair clip and made my hair into a messy bun. Next thing I noticed, Garrett was cutting my loosed shirt.

“GARRETT! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?” I shouted at him.

“Making you a cropped shirt. Thank me later” He continued to cut my shirt until it was hanging from my stomach.

Garrett looked at my shoes, “That’s fine. Vans is fine” He uttered and threw the scissors to my bed and pulled me down the stairs to his car.

“Next stop: John’s backyard!” He said happily while giggling to himself.

I have no choice. I need to go or he will kill me to death while I sleep or beat me to death while my back is turned. It's either the hard or the harsh way. As reality struck back, I'm really scared that I might be staying at one corner while they were having their boys world

&&

We reached John’s house that wasn’t too far away from my house. Garrett opened the door for me and held into my hands, “Don’t worry. You look beautiful” He whispered.

“I forgot to say thank you” I uttered and giggled as he lead me to John’s front door.

I can hear the drums and the tuning of guitars coming from the back of the house and the shouting of different voices of men can also be heard that is obviously by Garrett’s band mates.

“Garrett’s late!” I heard someone screamed.

“Fuck all of you! I’m here and I’m with some girl so please be nice or else I'll just take her home and I know you guys don't want that to happen, am I right?!” Garrett shouted.

As soon as they found out that Garrett was with a girl, the whole house suddenly became quiet and even the drums and guitars can’t even be heard anymore.

“They stay quiet when there’s a girl?” I asked Garrett as we went near the backyard of the beautiful house.

“Just so that girls think they’re gentlemen” Garrett whispered and laughed after.

John greeted me with a smile like the last time but he must have forgotten my name, “Uh, hi. I’m John Oh” Emphasis on the Oh.

I smiled back and said, “John, I know you. Sam, remember?” I tried to refresh his memory.

John jumped and looked at me head to toe, “Sam Brooks? S-s-s-s-s-amantha?” He repeated.

I nodded, “Yes, Samantha Brooks”

A younger boy with long hair stepped in the conversation and introduced himself, “Hi. I’m Pat Kirch. Awesome drummer of the band”

“Hi. I’m Sam Brooks”

The other two guys who were tuning their guitars a while ago also introduced themselves and goes by the name Jared and Kennedy.

Garrett pulled my hand and said, “Don’t get too close to them. They’re dangerous”

Pat slapped Garrett playfully on his arm and laughed, “No, we are not! Shut up”

&&

After fooling around with Garrett’s band mates, I didn’t feel out of place. I was in fact very happy that they were nice to me though they just met me this day, except for John who met me a few days ago.

The band practice started and they are one talented band and not only that but they have a good personality that can make them even big in the music industry.

I started to miss my parents because they loved music so much and is a big part of their life. They even thought of starting make one so that they can also inspire other people as well.

Garrett sat beside me on the huge sofa that looks like it was about to be thrown away, “Can you play any instrument?” he asked.

I nodded but kept my eyes on the other four people in front of me, “I can play the guitar and a little piano when I was little”

I felt Garrett's hand moved closer to mine, inches away from mine. I glanced at Garrett and saw him looked away. I smiled to myself about how clumsy Garrett could be for a guy or maybe he does that to all the girls he dated? I'm getting uncomfortable about the idea that came into my mind.

When I saw John coming towards us, I relaxed a bit. John sat on the other side of me and placed his arm around my shoulder, “Hey sweetie, how you like our music?”

Garrett hissed and sighed, “Get your hands off of her!”

John glared at Garrett and rolled his eyes, “Shut up. I won’t do anything harmful to her. Chill man”

At the corner of my eye, I noticed Garret mocking John and bit his lower lip, “Chill Garrett” I whispered.

Or could it be that Garrett.. is jealous?

Garrett cleared his throat and went back to his bass and I was stuck with John.

“So, he's staying over?” John asked.

I looked at him with my very big eyes, John answered, “He wore the same clothes as yesterday. How did I know? I saw the two of you at the park and you were crying, I think. I was supposed to come over but then Garrett appeared”

“You s-s-saw me crying?” I stuttered.

John faced me and nodded, “I did. By the slide, right? Then I saw all the drama even the part where you were hurting Garrett but he hugged you so you won't get to hurt him..”

I covered John's mouth with my hand, “Sshh. Don't tell anyone else”

“Why? Oh! You don't like it when others see you cry?”

I hesitated to nod but soon gave in, “Yes, I don't like it when people see me cry, they might think that I'm weak”

John placed his hand on my head and messed my hair, “It's okay to cry. People sometimes get weak, you know. You're not a stone to not feel week”

I smiled at John and nodded to agree to what he said, “Yes, you are right”

There was a sudden silence in between our conversation but not until John started to explain to me some things that he thinks I should know about, "Garrett likes to play with girls. He likes to play with someone's feelings; lead them on and dump them. But the way he reacted a while ago when I placed my arm around you.. It was.. It was unusual"

From Pat and Kennedy having a small fight about the sound system, my eyes turned around John. I don't know why I suddenly felt interested into what he is saying.

".. He got jealous. That fucking bitch ass got jealous. Who knew that he can be serious when it comes to girls after all? Who knew he has a heart after all?" John continued and smirked.

John patted my back and messed with my hair, "You are one special girl, Samantha"

I shook my head, "Oh, are you talking about me? I thought some other chick"

John placed his palm on his face and gasped, "Oh my God. All this time, I thought I was talking to someone normal. How many relationships have you been into?"

I scratched my head and smiled, "None. No boyfriend since birth"

John's mouth was hanging open, "No sex? Are you a virgin?"

I nodded, "Yes. You?"

John shook his head, "Virgin. Did you know that Garrett started a Virgin Chant at one of our gigs? It was embarrassing"

By the time I was supposed to answer to his humiliating experience but nothing compared to mine, Kennedy called out John to start practice again and I was alone again.

Every minute, I get to catch Garrett's secret glances and I can't help but smile to myself. I don't even know if it's normal to react that way because I haven't felt it before. Like what John said, I don't know a thing about that.

&&

After the band practice that lasted for about 3 hours, Garrett and I headed to the mall to buy food, food and mostly more food to eat.

Garrett looked around and saw a fancy restaurant, “Are you hungry? It's 12 noon already and we ate at 8am so you must be hungry”

I wasn't even answering yet but Garrett already pulled my arm to go to this fancy restaurant that I haven't been before.

“Garrett! I don't have enough money to pay for this fancy restaurant” I honestly said.

I was shaking. What was Garrett thinking? We could eat in some place else and a fancy restaurant wasn't my thing and it will never be my thing. I don't have money.

“Good afternoon, sir and ma'am. Are you a couple?” The waitress asked.

Garrett wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him and kissed my cheek.. He kissed my cheek.

“Yes, we are” Garrett replied.

I held my cheek where he kissed and I can feel my cheeks getting hot. I don't know why it was getting hot but it's nothing negative, I even liked it.

“We have a promo, sir. If you are a couple, you can have 50% off for every food that you order”

I shrugged Garrett's arm around my shoulder but he elbowed me and placed his arm around my shoulder again and whispered, “Come on, Sam. Let's eat. Please? Please? Please?”

I looked at Garrett's eyes and he was really serious in eating there like it was a very important restaurant for him. I gave in and nodded. The waitress lead us to our seat and placed the menu on the table.

“You are a very cute couple, I must say”

Garrett and I exchanged glances and the awkward silence started again for us. I don't know how to react but I'm sure he does but he chose to kept his mouth shut.

After eating the delicious food that we ordered, the waitress came up to us while holding a camera. I was confused at first but then she told us that she'll take a picture of Garrett and I.

“You are our best couple of the night” She informed us while waving the camera, “We have to take a picture of the two of you and we'll hang it on out lovely couple wall”

My jaw dropped as I look at Garrett. But his reaction was very different from mine, he was smiling and his eyes are sparkling, “Sure!” He answered.

Garrett moved closer to where I am and placed his arm around my shoulder and I moved closer. With a big smile on our faces, the flash came up and the picture was there.

The picture made me realize that all that was happening at the moment was real and non of it was a dream. All the laughter, tears and hugs was officially real and I need to slap myself to it that it was not a fantasy.

Garrett and I went out of the restaurant while holding each other's hand to make our relationship more make believe.

It was raining so hard but the mall will close soon. How time flies so fast when you're having fun, right?

Garrett pulled my hand and made me run while our heads was under his jacket so we won't get so much wet because of the rain. It was fun, especially that Garrett was trying his hard to cover me the most instead of himself.

In the car, all we did was laugh because of how stupid we look while running. I'm starting to like Garrett's laugh because it makes me think that he's not the same guy that I hated before. Now, he's a guy that makes me happy than I ever was before.

He opened the door for me, being the gentleman he is and grabbed my arm to wrap it with his. We walked quietly to the porch of my house but it wasn't awkward, we were both smiling like idiots though we weren't talking.

“Good night, Sam” Garrett let go of my arm and waited until I opened the door

I waved good bye and slowly closed the door, the image in front of me slowly disappearing.

Garrett was there. Garrett was here. I hope he will always be.. I thought.

After taking a shower and before changing my clothes. My phone rang. I ran towards my phone with my towel in head, drying my long wet hair.

"Hello?" I answered.

“Sam, look outside your window now!”

Without even asking who the caller was, I knew it was Garrett. It has and will always be him. When I saw him outside, I ran downstairs to open the door.

“It's so late! Why are you here?” I asked

“Let's say.. I got used to being with this certain girl and I kind of missed her though I was with her all day..”

I laughed and hugged Garrett and welcomed him inside, “Come on. Let's watch a zombie movie, I know you want to"

But before he entered my room, I changed my clothes first and went through my DVD cases and to find a good zombie movie for him.

After changing, Garrett was beside me on my bed. My eyes are getting heavy and I can't stop myself from yawning to much which caught Garrett's attention.

“Go and sleep” He uttered.

With my small eyes, I looked at him and shook my head, “Nope”

Garrett placed his hand on my eyes and all I can see is darkness, “Go and sleep now. You're like a baby. Would you like me to call you a baby?” He teased.

I giggled a little and said, “Baby is good...”

“Well.. Good night then, baby”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww. Baby :)
Comments! ;)