Status: On going

Right Girl

I was precious

I fell asleep while Garrett was still watching the zombie movie that we played. I don’t know what happened after, if he was still screaming at the TV screen nor did he just fell asleep. All I remembered was he woke me up at 3am.

“Hey Sam! Wake up!” I heard someone whisper in my ear.

I turned around soon opened my eyes by the sight of Garrett’s face super close to mine; inches away from mine. I realized, the TV was still open but no show was showing. Garrett’s must have fallen asleep while watching.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned, covering my mouth and mumbled, “Garrett, it’s so early in the morning. Why did you wake me up?”

Garrett moved far away and changed into a sitting position, “I had a dream. I want to tell you my dream”

I copied Garrett’s position and moved closer to him, “So tell me about your dream”

Garrett smiled like a kid and intertwined his hands together, “So I had this big robot that my dad got me when I was young and in my dream, it was alive! It was walking and talking. But then the zombies came, it killed the zombies because it wanted to save me but then I saw you.. You were part of the zombie now. Then I told my robot that I want to be a zombie to because you’re there. You were my only real friend and I don’t want to lose you”

My mouth was hanging open by his childish story but touching reason to stay with me. I cleared my throat and saw him blankly staring at the gap between us.

“What if I changed the story of your dream” I added which made his face lightened a bit.

“I’ll be the robot instead. I’ll be your protector and your guider. I won’t leave you and even fight for you” I answered.

Before I can hear him say anything, Garrett hugged me tightly with my face buried to his chest and the scent of his cologne was the only thing I can smell. “You are really awesome!” He shouted and hugged me more tightly.

“Yes, I am”

“Hey Sam, can I ask a favor?” Garrett pulled me away to look his amazing blue eyes that can make you melt so easily.

I nodded as a response and forced a smile to whatever his favor may be. “Uh, I wanted to be the robot. Can I be the robot?”

I laughed at him because he has mature features but absolutely a kid at heart, “Sure, Garrett. Be the robot then. I don’t mind”

Garrett covered his face because of embarrassment but soon got over it and started to laugh with me, “No. It’s not what you think.. I think. I mean, I want to be the robot and I want you to be Garrett!”

I shook my head while laughing at him and pointed to myself, “So I’m Garrett”

Garrett nodded and smiled, “You are! Because I’m the robot, I’ll protect Garrett in real life. Since you are Garrett in my dreams, you are my Garrett in real life too. So I can protect you from the other bullies and other bitches who hate you for being you!”

I scratched my head and turned around, “Thanks Garrett--- I mean, robot dude”

Garrett smiled and pulled himself back to my bed, “Good night, Garrett. I call you Baby too, right? So it’s now, Garrett baby. Man, that sucks”

I laughed and lay down on my bed beside him, “Good night, baby robot. Sweet dreams”

I closed my eyes but I just can't get myself to sleep but I really tried to but then, this thing made it harder for me to sleep. Garrett's arm was suddenly around my waist and he was so close that his head was on my shoulder already.

“I feel so comfortable when I'm with Sam” He said. He must think I'm asleep already.

Should I tell him that I'm still awake or should I continue being like this? But what if, I'll hear something hurtful? What if I'll accidentally hear stuff that will only make our friendship have a distance? But I don't want that to happen because finally, I meant something to someone.

“Sam is so precious, can I keep you?”

“Samantha is very.....”

I turned my head slowly to look a Garrett and how was he doing because he suddenly became quiet. I was not surprised to see him sleeping gently with his head on my back but his arm still around my waist. I feel so safe around him all the time that I don't know what it feels like anymore not having him around like this.

As the hours pass, I still can't get myself to sleep because as the time pass, his embrace becomes more and more tighter that I can feel like I'm his teddy bear like what he needs to be with every night like a kid. I feel special but I don't know if he has done this with other girls as well.

Garrett is also precious. Will you allow me to keep you too?

&&

I opened my eyes and Garrett was beside me switching through the channels. I stretched a few times and rubbed my eyes and made my way to the comfort room near my room.

“Are you feeling okay?” He asked before I left the room.

I nodded and slowly closed the door behind me. I walked towards the comfort room and looked at the mirror in front of me that is making me feel so insecure.

“How can I be so precious to him when I look like this? I look like a total piece of shit every morning and I wake up and see him with that cute smiling face of his since yesterday”

I looked at every angle, practiced every smile I can make with my face but I still look horrible. How the hell did I became precious to him?

I opened the door and was surprised to see a set of foot standing in front of me. I looked upwards and saw Garrett's face with his smile painted on his face like usual.

“I wasn't able to greet you a proper good morning” He said.

I smiled back and kept my head hanging, “Good morning, Garrett” but I wasn't aware that the smile that I had on my face was obviously fake from my natural smile.

I was about to walk out of the comfort room when Garrett moved his body in front of me and his head close to mine, “so, why so gloomy?” he asked.

I smirked and looked away, “I am not. Can't you see my smile?

Garrett moved my head with his hand on my chin, “then look at me in the eye and say that you're fucking fine. Because I can feel that something is bothering you since you woke up”

I pushed his hand away and sighed, “Fine, okay. I want to fucking change, do you get me? I don't want to be this geeky loser girl anymore because the pain I feel every fucking day is getting horrible!”

Garrett pressed my head into his chest and held me gently like I was a fragile thing that needs to be held properly or else it will break.

“I can help you, Sam. Trust me, I will help you. Later, let's go to the mall again, is that alright?”

I can feel the fast heartbeat coming from him, the hard breathing coming from his nose and mouth. It made me realize how much I was precious to him. I hugged him back and the feeling you get that you don't want to let go anymore kept me to cherish this moment.

“Don't be sad anymore because I'm here and I'll do my best to make a brand new you, Sam. But you've got to trust me on this” He whispered to my ear.

“I used to hate you because you bullied me for being this girl you're hugging right now but.. Now, you're helping me. I don't know how I can even thank you” I sniffed.

“You need to trust me that I won't do anything to embarrass you again like before, Sam. You need to trust me that I'll be your friend, you need to trust me on your secrets because I'll always listen to them, you need to trust me when you cry because I don't care if you don't want people to see you weak but I want to be there when you want someone to hug you, understand?” He explained.

I nodded and smiled while his pulled away from the hug, “dress up. It's 2 in the afternoon already”

&&

“Shit! What are you wearing?” Garrett was looking at me head to toe with his eye balls popping from its socket.

“What? You said I can wear what I want!” I exclaimed.

I was wearing this jacket and loosed jeans. Do I look like an idiot? Do I look like I'm from the carnival? Do I look like a clown to him? Garrett is so judgmental.

Garrett spent his 30 minutes driving and wasting his spit just because of the way I look and to think that we are in public and people may laugh at me didn't get into my head until it really happened in the mall itself.

“Wow. People are checking you out” Garrett teased.

I moved to his side and tried to hide under his arm, “Garrett please.. It's not funny. I should have listened to you all along”

Garrett bit his lower lip as I frowned at him, “I hate you so much”

Garrett's next word made my heart skip a bit, he said, “I know you like me” but it took me a second to realize that he was just joking and didn't mean a thing.

We entered different shops and bought different clothes, mostly girly shirts and ripped jeans and shorts that fit my legs perfectly fine.

“Wow. I envy you because your parents always gives you money” Garrett laughed.

I smiled and giggled, “They don't want me to think that they're leaving me behind so they always try their best to give me money every month though their gone so it can fill in my needs while they're away”

Garrett nodded and pulled my hand as we enter to another store which surprised me a bit because it wasn't like the other girly girl stores that we went to, it was somehow different. From the simple pants to the simple shirts everywhere.

I looked at Garrett weirdly while he chuckled, “It entered my mind that no matter how much you change, you should always keep a little bit of what you are back then. When things get fucked up, you can always look back and see how far you've come and I don't want to lose the old Samantha Brooks style that much”

“Why don't you want to lose this style?” I asked

“Well because of that style, I kept my eyes and you and made fun of you. Because of those wrong-doings, it made me closer to you to what we are now” He answered.

But Garrett.. What are we to you? What am I to you?

After trying out clothes, Garrett got thirsty and bought some soda. I rolled my eyes because he kept on complaining about his feet getting tired already. I was taking a sip to my soda when suddenly Garrett accidentally bumped his soda can with mine and made it spill all over my clothes

Garrett grabbed a handkerchief from my bag and wiped it all over my shirt, “Fuck! Sorry Sam, I didn't mean to!”

I shook my head and laughed, “It's okay! I'll just change my clothes, I guess. I'll just get anything from the clothes we bought”

I grabbed some of the bags from Garrett and ran towards the nearest comfort room so I can get out of my sticky clothes full of soda spill. I giggled. I was not mad at Garrett, he didn't mean it, why would I get mad? Actually, I was even surprised that he was trying to get it out of my shirt with just a dry handkerchief. I grabbed the ripped jeans and a loosed shirt and changed into them.

Good thing my hair clip is always around so I can bundle my hair when I want to and Garrett convinced me to wear my contacts instead of my really huge glasses.

I came out of the comfort room and I can feel other people stare at me like I did a crime. I walked fast until I bumped into Garrett who was carrying my other things and bag too.

“God, I have to get used to your new image! I didn't notice that it was you, Sam” He uttered.

I giggled, turned away and grabbed my bag and other paper bags from his hands. I know he was tired already and this is the only thing that I can do to help him. He goes to band practice and studies hard and after that, he stays with me. I don't know how he can balance all of that but I'm happy that he is successful in doing it all.

“Sam, I want to say something!” He shouted in the middle of window shopping.

“Yes?”

“Can you cut your hair? I think it's too long. You need bangs and change your hair color” He suggested.

I shook my head and blinked a few times and sighed, “Garrett!”

Garrett pulled my arm to the salon named F&K and I was all quiet and tried not to say anything to him. He stared at me for a while and frowned, “I'm sorry. I like your hair!I like playing with it but it makes you look so old because of the style and length”

I raised an eyebrow and hissed, “Garrett!”

Garrett clenched his fist and grunted, “Fine. If you don't want to, then go! Fuck. This sucks!” Garrett walked away leaving all my things behind. I forgot how tired he was but still helped me.

I breathed deeply. Next thing happened, I was lead to a sit not too far from the counter and the waiting chairs. I can feel my hand shake as I the stylist appeared behind me. But I remembered what Garrett said, “Trust me on this”

I just have to learn to trust someone and not just myself. I have to learn to let people in my life instead of pushing them away. I have to learn to be weak at some time because I get tired of forcing to be strong when all I want was too cry already. I'm just missing out some of the things that are normal for people like me and teenagers like Garrett and I.

I can hear the cuts of scissors to my hair. I closed my eyes because I took good care of my hair all the time but I have to trust Garrett on this. I trust him. I opened my eyes after a few minutes and was surprised to see my hair short, about 2 inches below my shoulders when it used to be 5 inches below my shoulders.

The stylist asked me to go to an old looking girl standing beside a sink get my hair wet so that she could blow dry it and I did what she ordered and came back with a towel wrapped around my head. Garrett was still on my mind after seeing him get mad at me. I don't know if I should say sorry for my rude actions or just get over it.

After a few more minutes, I have bangs and my hair is not that long anymore like it was used to be. I was shocked because it fits me better than my old one and Garrett was right all along. I was the stupid one not to believe in him.

After paying I grabbed my phone and tried to call Garrett but I cannot reach him. I looked everywhere but he cannot be found. I was getting worried and of course guilty because it was all my fault for him to get mad.

I sat on the bench and sighed, “Stupid Samantha. He hates you know!” I shouted to myself.

After a few minutes of sobbing and worrying where the hell the guy could be, I give up. I tried calling him a few times but he won't answer.

I stood up and grabbed my things when a pair of arms wrapped around me from my back, “I just knew you'd follow what I say. I told you to trust me”

I turned around and saw Garrett smiling like a fool. I smiled back at him and grabbed my bag and hit him on the chest, “How could you leave me like that? I was so...”

Garrett looked at me while and waited for my next words, “Say it, come on!”

“I was so.. I hate you!” I exclaimed. But I was really happy he came back with a smile on his face after what I've done to him.

“I'm sorry, okay” I said with a soft voice.

“I know you are. That's why I came back. I can never ever be mad at you, Sam” He uttered.

I can feel my hear beat fast but I don't know why. Is it something to worried about or am I just stupid? Or is it a little bit of both? I don't know.

At the car, Garrett chose not to play his blasting music for the first time. I was surprised too.

“So, can you continue what you're saying a while ago? The.. 'I was so...' part” He requested.

I bit my lower lip and looked at the view at the window and smiled, “I was so scared that you were gone and I got more scared just to think that you won't come back”

Garrett stopped the car, “What?!”

I repeated what I said and looked at him with a shock expression on my face. Garrett hugged me so tightly again and I hugged back. The feeling of being precious again came into my mind. I like this feeling so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
Idk.. This chapter is sweet, for me.
tell me what you think :-----)

by the way, I super love Pat (idgafsohardrn) because ever since Fake Feelings she GMSMH :D