Status: On going

Right Girl

Touch her, you'll be dead

Samantha Brooks:

Garrett went home last night because we have classes the next day, though I wanted to spend another day with him, it cannot happen. All week, we fought, laughed, scared ourselves, and most of all, we got even closer than before. I shared my story while he shared his.

I woke up by the sound of my cell phone ringing at 5 in the morning. Then it came to my mind that only Garrett and my parents know my number but my parents call me once in a blue moon so it has to be Garrett.. again. I grabbed my phone and became too lazy to see who it was.

"Hello? Are you kidding me? It’s 5 in the fucking morning" I answered rudely to the caller.

“I know. Sorry Sam, I’ll make it up to you next time. But, can you open the door? I’m standing here for about 30 minutes already because the door bell won’t wake you up, lazy ass”

With that kind of name- calling, I was convinced that it was Garrett. I got on my feet and slowly walked to the door with my morning hair still untied and my face, all wasted up.

“What do you want, Garrett? It’s 5 am. School starts in about 2 hours and I wake up at 6:30. You messed up my sleeping pattern” I scratched my head and pulled Garrett inside the house. His hands were very cold because of staying too long outside which is all my fault in the first place.

Garrett looked at me with his puffy eyes, “You’re going to school with me, Ms. Brooks”

I blinked a few times and tried to think if I owe Garrett something for him to do such things but my mind is not cooperating at a time like this. Fuck this, it’s 5am!

“Why am I going to school with you?” I asked him.

“Because it’s a new day for you, you’ve changed, right? Come on! Go and take a bath and change!” Garrett ordered. He pushed me up the stairs and grabbed my towel for me and into the CR.

I got annoyed at first because he was making plans by himself and now he’s ordering me to go and take a bath at 5 in the morning when I’m supposed to be asleep until 6:30 am. But to think the other way around, he was doing this for me. He woke up early in the morning for me.

After taking a fresh bath, I went to my room and Garrett fell asleep on the bed. Maybe he did wake up early in the morning to do this for me. I grabbed some new clothes from my cabinet and changed my clothes in the CR.

I dried my hair with the hair blower and fixed it and came back to my room. Garrett was now watching TV still with his puffy eyes, “Hey, go get asleep if you’re still sleepy” I said and smiled at him.

Garrett ignored me and didn’t even look at me. His mood swings are now back. I rolled my eyes and made my way to the kitchen to have a bite of bread for breakfast because I was not in the mood anymore to eat anything, all thanks to Garrett, the mood killer.

Garrett walked up to me and leaned on the kitchen table corner beside me while I kept on munching on the piece of bread I had in my hand, “Did I just annoyed you?” He interrogated.

I turned my head slowly and looked at him and he can tell that I was so bored, “No, why?”

Garrett lowered his head and looked at his feet, “Well, you stomped down the stairs, you look annoyed and most of all, you sound very annoyed”

I bit my lower lip and my eyes landed on the coffee maker in front of me, it was very awkward for us that time. The mood wasn't right and I feel like I'm talking to a drunk man, “Your mood swings are killing me!” I cried loudly.

Garrett slapped his forehead and laughed to himself. “Nothing's funny” I shouted back at him but he didn't took me seriously. He kept on laughing but I didn't get what's funny.

Garrett pulled my chin up and smiled, “I'm sorry. I didn't mean to annoy you. I was just so sleepy because I woke up at 3 in the morning because I got excited about what you'll be wearing to school today” Garrett hid his smile but it was too obvious that he looked cute.

&&

While driving, Garrett lowered down the volume of his blasting music of Ryan Adams, something unusual from a Ryan Adam obsessed fan like Garrett, “Hey, do you want to go to our gig tonight?”

I didn't answer because I was too focused on my eyes to not close because I was too sleepy and my brain is still not functioning very well. I turned around when Garrett suddenly stopped the car, his face was staying close to mine and by a wrong move, I could kiss him already.

“I asked you if you want to go to our gig tonight?” He repeated.

I giggled and smiled, “Yeah, sure. I'll go”

Garrett kissed my forehead and continued with his driving. He kissed my forehead. Why am I suddenly so happy that I can't stop smiling? Do I look stupid? This is so embarrassing to look at.

Garrett ran to my side of the car and opened the door for me. I avoided everyone's gaze when they saw Garrett wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I was standing too close to him as we walk to the hallway of the school.

I breathed deeply. This is it. This is what I've been waiting for and I know somehow my life is going to change because of my decision and also because of my closeness with Mr. Popular, Garrett Nickelsen.

A batch mate of ours came running towards Garrett, “Hey, have you seen Sam?”

Garrett looked at me and whispered, “I told you, you can trust on me”

I smiled back and nodded, “Yes, I am wrong but thanks for correcting me, anyway”

I looked at our batch mate as his jaw dropped from amusement, “Is she.. Are you Samantha Brooks?” He asked. He dropped some of his books that he was carrying and ran towards the crowded people.

After a second or so, the people turned around and looked at me with their shocked expressions and weird faces all together. I tried to ignore them and thought that it was just normal but I guess I was always wrong.

“Hi guys!” Garrett greeted them as they made their way down to where Garrett and I was standing.

"Sam Brooks? Is that you? Shit!”

“Fuck! You look great!”

“Can I touch your hair?”


But out of the questions that shot me all at once, there was a question that struck my mind and made it function right again..

"Are you and Garrett dating?"

The crowd became quiet and so did Garrett but I chose to not say anything because I don't even know what I'm feeling towards the guy standing beside me. I don't know anything about Garrett and I and what is our real relationship is. But I do know that he's my real friend.

Out of all the chaos that's happening at the moment, a hand flew across my face and luckily Garrett was holding me or else I could fall on the ground and humiliate myself again.

“Bitch, why are you dressed like that?”

Garrett pushed me aside and tried to cover me as Lisa tried to point her finger to my face. She was yelling at Garrett and everyone stepped backward to avoid getting hit or hurt by Lisa, “Fuck you, bitch. What did you do to Garrett?!” She yelled.

Garrett pushed Lisa’s finger away and defended, “She did nothing!”

Lisa laughed sarcastically, “I know she did. You wouldn’t go walk around with your arms around her shoulder if she wouldn’t black mail you or something. That girl is a freak!”

Garrett glared at Lisa, his hand clenched into a fist. I stood beside him and pulled his shirt. He looked at me with his angry eyes, “Don’t hurt her, Garrett” I whispered.

Garrett’s eyes went back to Lisa whose face is flaming red already, “That freak or bitch that you call is not what you think she is!”

Garrett stopped and looked at everyone who was present there, “See, Samantha Brooks wasn’t weird! She’s even normal than some of you! Stop judging her and get a life or if you want, go have a life like Lisa. She has a bitchy life and plastic friends”

Garrett grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the crowded area of the school hallway. His grip was too tight but I don’t mind, since he’s not in the mood after what Lisa did to me. But I’m thankful that he stood up for me instead of having the sides of his friends.

As we passed by the empty laboratory room, Garrett pulled me inside and locked the door and pulled the curtains of the windows together. He sat down on one of the stools and sighed loudly with a depressed tone.

“Garrett, if you love your friends so much, you don’t have to do that” I said as I put my hands into the pocket of my pants.

“No, it’s not that, Sam. Lisa and I dated for about 5 months but I told you that I’m not serious, right? Well, she was. I thought she was really sweet and nice but turns out, she was so wild and all she does is party, party, flirt, party. I got sick and dumped her. Whenever she sees me with another girl, she acts like that; like what you saw a while ago” Garrett’s voice was very depressed. He sounded like he really cared for Lisa.

“.. What sucks the most is, she thinks she owns me until now. She threatens the girl I would flirt with and she even did something worse than what she did to you. She’s like a freak” Garrett continued.

I cupped Garrett’s face in my hands and did a fish face which made him laugh, “You look horrible” I joked.

Garrett held my hands and put it down from his face, “If Lisa bugs you again, tell me. Don’t hide everything. You’re too kind, Sam. I could’ve punched her a while ago if you didn’t say those words. I just can’t control myself anymore when it comes to you”

I just can’t control myself anymore when it comes to you..

I embraced the sweet guy in front of me and by his sweet words, I felt my heart melt. It was too touching that I can’t get it out of my head. It kept on repeating like a favorite line from a song that you like. His words became too powerful.

We walked to our first class and when I walked in, a camera flash started to burn my eyes, “What’s that about?” I asked the person who took it.

My classmate looked at me with her glowing eyes, “I just can’t believe your transformation, Sam. I need this because you inspired me a lot!”

Garrett grabbed my bag from my shoulder and headed to my seat and placed it there while I was getting surrounded by people I haven’t talked to even before. I kept on looking for Garrett but I can’t see him because of the crowd that was all around me.

“Where did you buy your top?”

“Sam, can we be friends?”

“Sam! I so love your hair like so much!”

“Sam, please go on a date with me!”


We suddenly heard the board eraser slamming on the board itself, “No one can date, Sam” It was Garrett. I rolled my eyes and laughed, “Why is that? Are you my dad?” I joked.

Garrett walked towards me and giggled, “No one can date, Sam” Garrett repeated.

The bell rang so we ran towards our own chairs and sat there like we were good students. The teacher came, holding a big pile of paper on her arms, “Everybody! Surprise quiz!”

Garrett poked my waist with his pen and sighed, “I didn’t study. You?”

I frowned at him and bit my lower lip, “I was with you the whole week, do you think I can study?” Garrett laughed and scratched his forehead, “Yeah, you’re right. By the way, gig later!”

“Ms. Brooks and Mr. Nickelsen, keep quiet or just go out the room if you’re not concerned about your grades!”

&&

John picked us up at school and it took more than 20 minutes for Garrett to be convinced to leave his car at school and get it back after the gig later, “Garrett! Don’t cry your ass there because of a car! Get in or we’ll just take Sam with us!” John exclaimed as he tried to pull Garrett into the white van.

I was already inside the van with Pat and Kennedy beside me. I was laughing at Pat’s made-up stories about how a boy loves a cupcake so much and how a boy became a rat. While Kennedy and Jared ride along with the story maker, Pat Kirch.

Garrett entered the van with his rude expression. I kicked his foot and smiled. “I’m not in the mood to smile” He said and got John’s attention. A pillow was thrown into Garrett’s face by Jared.

During the 30 minute ride with the boys, all we did was laugh at their jokes and childhood stories that they were excited for me to know about and how they got together. I really liked their bond and their relationship towards one another. There was no awkwardness and no rudeness coming from them, all just happy memories.

We got off the van and many people were waiting for them outside the bar. I never knew that they were that big of a band.

Fans were everywhere. They walked up to John, Pat, Kennedy, Jared and Garrett and I don't know where to go from there because there were so many people. I got pushed and stepped on but I don't mind.

Once Garrett got a hold on me, he made me stay on his side because I might get hurt by the fans who were asking for his picture and autograph, same for the other members.

Garrett hugged me by the waist and tried to pull me inside the venue where there was only a few people. “Wow. Are your fans really like that?” I asked him with so much amusement.

Garrett nodded and touched my cheek, “You have a scratch. I told you to take care of yourself. Look what happened!”

To change his mood, I pinched his warm cheeks and played with it, “Garrett, you're going to start your gig any time now, you can't let them see you like that. It's only a scratch”

Garrett smirked, “You think I'm cute, don't you?”

I pulled my hand away and placed it to my side, “What?”

Garrett laughed and touched his cheek, “I'm just joking, Sam. The fans won't see my face, anyway. I move a lot on stage and yeah, I make their life miserable because they can't see my face properly”

John and Kennedy appeared from the back door with the guitars in their hands, “You know we can use some help, Garrett, right?” John said loudly.

Garrett grunted and made his way out and back to the van. John stayed with me instead of helping the other members bring in the instruments, “So, how are you? You've changed.. A lot”

I smiled at John, “Should I say thank you or just... Well, I changed because Garrett helped me to”

John chuckled, “He did what?” He asked again.

“I said, he helped me” I repeated. But John sounded like he wasn't convinced even in the first place. John's shook his hands and chuckled, “Wow. That was a first. Garrett never seemed to like any girl before. I even thought he's gay”

I covered my mouth and laughed and laughed because I remembered the day I asked Garrett if he was gay, “Uh. Garrett got mad at me for asking if he was gay”

John turned my body around to face him, he hugged me and jumped up and down, “You are really something, Sam! You are awesome for doing such a thing!”

I don't know how to react so I hugged him back and we were laughing while jumping around like total idiots with people staring at us like we just got out from the mental hospital.

Garrett suddenly came up to us with the microphone wires and handed it to John and left without any words, “Sam, I'll just fix something, later” John waved.

Garrett was just leaning on the wall by himself while tuning his bass guitar and I can tell his not in a good mood anymore. I walked up to him and pinched his cheek, hoping it would get his mood back. He just moved his head and avoided looking at me.

“What's your problem?” I asked him.

Garrett didn't answer instead, he continued tuning his guitar. I turned around when I felt someone tap my back.

“Hi!”

Garrett stood straight when he saw who it was. But I don't have any clue who the person so is so I just smiled and watched Garrett pass over me and hugged the girl.

After seeing Garrett hug the girl, I felt sick. I felt like I needed to go to the CR or I was dizzy. It just doesn't feel right when Garrett hugged the unfamiliar person.

“Hi! I'm Mandy, and you are?”

She was tall, blonde, skinny, white and her face was perfect. She was all a guy could ever dream of. She looks like my sister. I was nothing compared to her. If I find out that Garrett likes her, it won't be a shock anymore. She smiled at me, waiting for me to answer.

“Hi, I'm Samantha”

I kept my smile going but to see Garrett's sweet smile appear like when he was hugging me, it made me feel like I was not supposed to be there and see them together. I feel like running away but that would be rude because Garrett invited me there.

Mandy grabbed my wrist and looked at me, “Oh my. You are beautiful, Samantha. Are you and Garrett dating?”

I looked at Garrett slowly and soon turned away when I noticed he was looking at me too. I got shy so I just stared at Mandy's beautiful and enchanting face. I don't even know if I'm scared to look at Garrett or just shy.

“Oh, okay, I get it. The looks, the awkwardness, okay. Your relationship is in the I-don't-know-what-we-are stage, right?” Mandy observed us more and more but Garrett and I weren't moving, we weren't even talking.

Good thing Pat and Kennedy came up to us, it made the awkward atmosphere less awkward now. I walked away and looked for the CR. I washed my face a few times and opened the door to leave.

I was surprised to see Garrett standing beside the door, “What did you do?” He asked.

“Do you have to know everything?” I asked back. I walked away but Garrett pulled my wrist, “Garrett!” I exclaimed.

“Sam, why are you shaking? Are.. Are you scared of me?”

I pulled my wrist from his grip and looked at him, “No” I answered straightly.

Garrett smirked and laughed, “Or are you jealous?”

“No, Garrett! I said no already!” I shouted. Garrett pulled me closer by my waist and whispered, “Why are you being so much defensive?”

I looked away. I feel like I was talking to a different Garrett, to a different person. Why is he so rough but before he was so sweet? It bothered me.

"You know what, Sam? Want to know what I'm feeling? I'm feeling jealous"
♠ ♠ ♠
I just thought of this chapter today. :)
Tell me what you think :)