Never Let You Go

008.

*Two weeks later.*


Things have gotten a lot better. The break up is the last thing on my mind now, which is great. I've been hanging out with Logan and James pretty much everyday, more or so Logan, but they have helped. Also, work has too. That definitely did, kept me busy, and kept my mind off of things.

James and I have gotten closer, we aren't anything but friends still. I'm not ready for a relationship just yet, and he is okay with it. So we just hang out, talk, and get to know each other better, which is just what I want.

But I am off today, and of course it's raining. I felt like giving Logan a day to himself, so I'm staying home and relaxing by myself.

So I'm sitting on the couch in my living room watching 'I Am Number Four,' with my kitten Charlie asleep on my lap. It's around 5:30pm. I glance out the window every now and then to see if the rain lets up any, but it just seems to get worse.

'Don't let go the good times, And let the bad times know you feel fine, And wear your heart out on your sleeve-.' Christina Grimmie's 'Advice' played on my phone. I picked it up from the coffee table in front of me, and looked at the screen.

It was James.

I smiled, pressed Send, and put the phone up to my ear.
"Hey." I said answering.
"Hey, what are you up to?"
"Just watching a movie."
"Would you like some company?" I picked up the remote and paused the movie.
"What?"
"I'm out front."
"Really?" I asked surprised.
"Yeah." I picked Charlie up from my lap and placed her on the couch. I stood and walked over to the window, pushed the curtain to the side and saw James' car parked out front.
"What are you doing here?"
"Felt like you could use some company on a night like this."
"Oh. Well don't just sit out there, come inside."
"All right." I pulled the phone away from my ear and pressed End. I went over to to door and opened it before James got out of his car, so he could just come in.

He ran across the lawn, up the stairs, and into the house. I shut the door as soon as he was in.
"Are you really that crazy to drive in this weather?"
"You bet I am." He smiled. I couldn't help but let out a little giggle.

He took his sweatshirt off and hung it on an empty hook on the coat rack. We both walked into the living room and sat down.
"So what are we watching?"
"I Am Number Four."
"Cool." I picked up the remote and pressed play, and set it back down. When I leaned back, James put his arm around me, and pulled me closer to him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The movie ended around 7pm.
"So what now?" I asked.
"Whatever you want to do, I'm up for anything." I sat there for a moment to think of something we could do.
"I know what we can do." I said with a smirk. I stood from the couch and walked over to the TV. I turned the TV to TV/Video, and turned my Xbox on. I grabbed a game and put it in. I grabbed two controllers and sat back down on the couch. "Black Ops." I said handing James one of the controllers.
"Nice." He smiled.

We spent the next 3 hours playing Call of Duty: Black Ops.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When we were done, we threw the controllers on the coffee table and layed back on the couch.
"What now?" He asked. I glanced at the clock on the wall, 10:07pm.
"Well it's getting late, so it's up to you."
"Would you want to watch another movie or something?"
"Sure, you choose." He got up from the couch and went over to my DVD collection. He took one from the bottom shelf and put it into the DVD player.

While he did that, I went and turned the lights off. When I went back over to the couch, James was laying down with his head on a pillow. He patted on the couch in front of him, wanting me to lay there. So I did.

The main menu come up and I saw that it was 'Zoolander' that he had put on.
"One of my favorites." He whispered as he wrapped his arms around me. I pressed play on the remote, and the movie began.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

About halfway through, my eyes began to grow heavy. It had been a long day, and the rain only made me more tired. My eyes slowly closed, and I soon fell asleep in James' arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all liked it. ;) I'm surprised I was actually able to post this on the day I said I was going to, lol. But I liked this, it was cute.

Don't know what else to say, lol. But here you go, and hope you like it. :)

But if you don't know the song that is the ringtone, 'Advice' by Christina Grimmie.......Go here and listen to it! It's such a great song, I love it, and her. She's incredibly talented!

Next Chapter will be up Monday! So keep an eye out! ;)

ps. Comments are greatly appreciated........Just sayin'.