Sequel: Finding Love

Seeking Freedom

Epilog

I was smiling as i ran towards my mother, arms wide, hugging her tightly. My brother caught both of us in an embrace, while K and C smiled at me. My families blue eyes were all around my own, laughing with the happiness of my return. Marcus was there to, but as a friend, not a fiance. Everything was perfect. Everyone was shouting the words welcome home.
That was when K woke me up, shaking my shoulders some what violently. He smiled at me, "Welcome home Birdie." Deja vu hit me as i remembered how everyone had been saying that in my dream. K meant it as irony, becuase we no longer had a home, but it hit me hard.
Home was lost now, it saddened my heart, and yet i still knew a reunion with my family would be quite the opposite of my dream. But, i still wanted to see them again.
As K and i set forth across the desert, the black marble stepping stones of the cliffs in the north disappearing behind us, i began to wonder. I had gained my independance, but lost my family, my love and my childhood. I was wearing rags and crossing a desert. I had run away to find my freedom, and look where it had got me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the final chapter! But i will post the next story called 'Finding love' soon.