What If I Can't Forget You?

I'll burn your name into my throat, I'll be the fire that'll catch you.

I knew I was madly in love with Mike Fuentes. It wasn't a new thing, I had loved him for years. And I couldn't be happier, when he told me he loved me too everyday. It was an amazing feeling. Actually, at that moment, my whole life was amazing. I didn't have anything to worry about... Well, I had to worry about my boyfriend leaving. Because when he would actually go, and that was soon, I knew it was the end of our relationship. We didn't know how to make things work. And honestly, I think Mike didn't want to make them work. Maybe he wanted to be free while he was on tour. Maybe he didn't want something to hold him back home. But there would always be something holding him back, if I didn't let him go. Even though he loved me, he didn't love me so much that he would do anything to make things work. And I guess I was okay with that, kind of. Because I loved that guy so much, that I wanted him to be happy. And if he wasn't happy with me, then he could be happy with someone else. Of course it hurt, but it was true.

I believe, that if Mike and I had never seen each other again after all those years, I would stil be with Sam. Because after all I loved Sam. But the love I felt for Mike was stronger than that. It would always be the strongest, because, and maybe I was dumb, but I actually believed that he was special. Because he took my virginity. That made him special. But not only that, but other things too, like our past. We had gone through really hard times together and yet we never actually even wanted to break up. In the first place we didn't want to break up. So we didn't, we just moved on.

Mike and I had been spending almost all our time together, since he would be gone in a week. I had to make sure I had something to remember, when I would be sitting at home alone. We made sure that we would see each other every day and it wasn't hard since we lived in the same house.
”Mike! There's no food left,” I shouted as I closed the fridge. Soon he was standing in the kitchen.
”How's that possible? Didn't we buy food yesterday?” He asked and grabbed a bottle of water from the table.
”Yeah.” I sighed. He walked closer and placed his hands on my hips, pushing my back against the fridge.
”We could go out to eat,” He said.
”Or we could order pizza,” I said as he leaned down closer to my face.
”Or we could tell Vic to bring pizza,” He mumbled as he brushed his lips against mine.

Mike called Vic to bring us pizza, and when he arrived he interrupted our make out session. It was kind of awkward, since I was pushed up against a wall and Mike's hands were down in my pants. Vic walked into the kitchen, shouted some cuss words and put the pizza's on the table and walked out. Mike and I stared after him, before he started to laugh while I blushed madly. It wasn't the first time Vic had heard or interrupted our sessions and every single time I was embarrassed as hell. Vic must've thought I was some sort of a sex addict.

We ate the pizza in the kitchen, because I was too embarrassed to go into the livingroom where Vic was. Mike thought it was stupid, but I couldn't help it. In my opinion, having sex wasn't something everyone needed to know about or hear. I didn't want people to know, when I was reaching the climax or when I was finished. The only person who had a reason to know, was the partner aka Mike.
”Vic's an adult,” Mike said and took a bite of the slice of pizza in his hand. ”He's had sex, too.”
”I'm not dumb, Mike. I just don't want anyone to walk in in the middle of us doing it,” I said.
”Don't be so brittle,” He said.
”I'm not, I just... Whatever.” I knew he wasn't going to understand, what I was trying to say, because he only thought it was normal.
”Look, it's not that big of a deal,” He said and smiled softly at me. I finished eating and took a sip of my Redbull.
”I know.” I said.