What If I Can't Forget You?

I wanna hold your hand so tight, I'm gonna break my wrist.

The next morning when I woke up, Mike was still sleeping next to me. I lifted my head up and looked out of the window. The sun was shining. I sat up and yawned before walking to the bathroom to take a shower. After I'd showered I went to put on some clothes. Mike was awake and laying on the bed as I pulled on a pair of dark blue jeans.
”Morning,” I said. He had a smile on his face as he looked at me as I pulled on a t-shirt.
”Come here,” He said and patted the spot on the bed next to him. I climbed into the bed and lay down next to him, leaning my head against his chest.
”You were pretty tired last night,” I said.
”Yeah, well, touring is rough.”
”Did you have fun?”
”Yeah, until you left. After that it got kind of lonely,” He said. I looked up at him. I reached up to kiss him quickly.

We stayed in bed for a while, until Mike got hungry and we had to go downstairs. We walked into the kitchen, hand in hand, just to find Vic and some girl making out on the kitchen table. It was a new situation, since Vic had always been to one to walk in to Mike and I doing something. Mike cleared his throat and Vic pulled away from the girl, lifting his head up and looking at us. The girl looked really embarrassed.
”Great job, brother,” Mike said with a laugh as he sat down and sat me down on his lap.
”Come on,” Vic muttered to the girl and pulled her out of the room.
”It's about time we walk into Vic making out with someone,” Mike said to me as he opened a bottle of water.
”Yeah,” I said.

We ate breakfast and then we went to see Mike's parents. We sat in their backyard drinking coffee and eating cake. Mike's mom asked Mike about the tour and then she asked about our relationship.
”Is everything alright between you two?” She asked.
”Uh, yeah.” I said and took a sip of my coffee.
”Are you, you know, going to have kids soon?” She asked and I was about to choke on my coffee when I heard it. I coughed loudly and Mike patted my back.
”We haven't thought about that yet,” Mike said. There were tears in my eyes because of all the coughing and I tried to wipe them away.
”You're not that young anymore... Maybe you should try,” She said and shrugged. We were silent for a moment until she opened her mouth again.
”Where's Vic?”
”Vic's got a girlfriend,” Mike said. His mom's eyes went wide.
”Is that so? Is she pretty?” She asked.
”I don't really know. We didn't see her that well,” Mike said and chuckled. I laughed too, when I remembered the look on the poor girl's face. She was freaking out.

We went back home when it got late. We got out of the car, but Mike wanted to have a smoke before we went inside. So we sat down on the front porch as he had his smoke.
”It's getting cold,” I mumbled as the cold wind reached me and I shivered.
”Well come closer,” He said. I shook my head.
”I don't want to, you smell so bad,” I said and sniffed.
”Thank you very much,” He mumbled and put out the cigarette.
”Not you, just the smoke,” I said.
”You've smoked too.”
”I know.”
”Why don't you anymore?” He asked and turned to look at me.
”I guess... Well, when you left, I quit. I guess it was kind of our thing you know, we used to smoke together. And then suddenly we weren't together and I didn't want to continue,” I explained. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to his side. We sat there for a while in silence until I reached up to kiss him. He deepened the kiss and pulled my face closer to his. He pulled away just to kiss my neck.
”You know,” I mumbled, ”It's been over a month since we last – ” I was cut off by his lips crashing against mine. Somehow we managed to get into the bedroom and then we, well, you know, had sex. Amazing sex.