What If I Can't Forget You?

I hope you like the stars I stole for you.

When Mike came back home, I was laying on a couch and watching a movie. I heard as he closed the door and soon he was standing in the doorway, looking at me. I guess I was looking pretty pathetic. I had shed a few tears while watching the movie. But it had been a rather sad movie.
”What are you doing?” He asked and took his cigarettes out of his pocket.
”Watching a movie,” I said and put it on pause. ”Where have you been?”
”I was at my friend's place,” He said and walked to the back door and opened it.
”Was it a girl or a guy?” I asked.
”A girl,” He said.
”Why didn't you tell me?”
”Because you were sleeping,” He said with a shrug.
”Well why didn't you answer your phone?”
”I don't know, I guess I didn't hear it,” He said. ”What the fuck's up with all your questions?”
”I don't know, I guess I just wanted to know where my boyfriend's been,” I muttered.
”Well now you know.”
”What's her name? And how do you know her?” I asked.
”Her name's Olivia. She's been our friend for years,” He said.
”Have you dated her?”
”Uh, no.”
”Sex?”
”Well... Yeah, but I was really drunk then,” He said.
”Oh god... So she might have feelings for you?” I asked.
”No! Jesus, Sophie. Not everyone I've had sex with has feelings for me,” He muttered.
”Yes they do!”
”No.”
”Well, did you hug her?” I asked.
”Yes?”
”Did she kiss your cheek?”
”Er, yes.” He said. ”What's the point?”
”She does like you.”
”No, she doesn't. And what does it matter? I love you, not her. You're my girlfriend.” He said.
”But...”
”No, Sophie, just shut up and come here.” With a sigh I stood up and walked to him. He placed his other hand on my waist and the other one he put on the back of my neck, pulling me closer. He brushed his lips against mine, kissing me softly. As he pulled away he rested his forehead against mine, closing his eyes.
”Stop worrying, baby.” He murmured and kissed once again.
”I just... You're all I have,” I whispered. And it was true. He really was my everything. I had left my old life just to be with him. And if something happened, I would be the one to lose everything. It was terrifying to know that, but at the same time I couldn't be happier with him.
”I love you,” He murmured against my lips before kissing me.

Later that day Mike and I were watching TV and snuggling on the couch. It was getting late and dark outside and I was getting tired.
”Where's Vic?” I asked.
”He's writing songs with Tony,” Mike said.
”Are you going on tour again?” I asked.
”Not anytime soon, but yeah. Maybe after a few months,” He told me.
”Mike?”
”Yeah?”
”Don't you think we should get a house for the two of us?” I asked. It was something I'd been thinking about a lot and I knew that now was a good time to get one. We'd been together for almost a year and it was rather embarrassing to know that Vic had heard us having sex. It almost felt like he was the third part in our relationship, which thankfully wasn't true.
”What's wrong with this one?” Mike asked.
”Well... There's always someone here. We don't get any privacy,” I said.
”I've always lived with Vic, though.”
”I know, but don't you think it's time for us to take the next step?”
”Yeah, I guess so.”