What If I Can't Forget You?

I've never held a gun in my life, but now I carry one around in case I see you tonight.

I woke up, when it got cold. I looked around the dark yard and my eyes landed on Mike, who was laying on the bench and staring at the dark sky.
”How long did I sleep?” I asked quietly. That seemed to pull him out of his thoughts and he looked down at me.
”I don't know, I just woke up too,” He said. The ground was cold, so I got up and sat down on the bench with him. He sat up properly and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer so that I wouldn't get cold.
”You know what I love about being with you?” I asked.
”Hmm?”
”We don't really have to do anything. I like just sleeping with you, or just being quiet. It doesn't matter what we do, just the fact that I get to be with you is enough,” I said. Mike laughed quietly.
”Wow, Sophie. You know, you've changed quite a lot,” He said. ”You've grown up.”
”Isn't that what people do when they get older?” I asked with a grin. Mike rolled his eyes and laughed.
”No, but really. When we were young, I kind of thought that we would never grow up. And here you are, all smart and beautiful while I'm still the same old Mikey,” He said.
”Aww but you are a handsome lad,” I said and pinched his cheek, ”You've always been that.”
”I know,” He said, ”That's why ladies love me.”
”Pssht,” I laughed and placed my hand on his thigh.
”That's not why I love you,” I said.
”Then why do you love me?”
”Because, even if I didn't have anyone else, you'd be enough for me,” I explained, ”It's not just one thing I love, it's the whole package.”
”Yeah, I do have a pretty big package,” He said and grinned.
”Oh gosh,” I buried my face in my hands and heard him laugh.

After we'd sat there for a while, Mike's phone rang. He pulled it out from his pocket, looked at the screen for a while before answering.
”What's up... Yeah... No, nothing really. I'm hanging at the backyard with Sophie... Yeah, that's fine. Kay, bye.” He put the phone away.
”Well who was it?” I asked.
”Er, Olivia,” Mike said. I swallowed.
”What did she say?” I asked quietly.
”She's a bit drunk, wanted to come over.”
”And you said yes?” I asked and looked at him. He was staring at his feet. He nodded.
”Yeah...” Oh god.

About ten minutes later we could hear giggling and soon I could see two girls with cigarettes in their hands. They were both really pretty and I started to feel a bit jealous. Mike had had sex with one of them. It was really hard for me to forget that.
”Hey guys,” One of the girls said. She went to hug Mike. The other one stayed behind her.
”Hey this is Olivia,” Mike said to me and pointed at the one who had been hugging him, ”Olivia, this is Sophie.”
”Oh, hi. Nice to meet you,” Olivia said.
”You too,” I said quietly. The girls sat down and started to talk to Mike. I felt a bit left out, not knowing what they were talking about. Some sort of inside jokes.
”So, how do you two know each other?” That question pulled me out of my thoughts and I turned to look at Olivia who was waiting for an answer.
”Mike was my first boyfriend,” I muttered.
”Aww how cute,” She said and smiled sweetly. They kept talking until Olivia needed to go to the bathroom. Mike got up and went to show her where the room was. That left me and Olivia's friend alone in the cold, dark backyard. It really couldn't have gotten more awkward. After a long silence, the girl opened her mouth.
”I know you're with Mike and all, but Olivia really likes him,” She said. I looked at her for a while.
”Yeah?”
”What I mean, is that maybe you should back off, because she always gets what she wants,” She told me.
”You mean that I should break up with him, just because some other girl likes him?” I asked.
”They've been friends for a long time. She wants him, and I'm pretty sure he wants her too.”
”Are you kidding me? Do you even realize what you're saying and who you're talking to?” I asked, getting a bit frustrated. I couldn't believe I was talking to a total stranger about that kind of a thing.
”I'm just saying that she won't fight fair,” She said.
”Look, I don't even know you. I don't know her and I don't even want to know. I want nothing to do with you guys, and you shouldn't come here and tell me what to do,” I said and stood up.
”It's not that I'd have something against you, not at all, I just wanted to let you know,” She said.
”Yeah, whatever. Can you just get her? I want her out of my house,” I said. She nodded and stood up. I followed her inside, where we found Mike and Olivia sitting on the couch in the livingroom. They were talking and laughing.
”Livvy, let's go,” The girl said to Olivia. Olivia shot her a glare but got up anyway. Before they left, Olivia hugged Mike for a bit too long and then they were gone. I sat down next to Mike and sighed. I was a little worried, that Mike and Olivia spent time together. Olivia seemed to be quite a bitch, but I did trust Mike. He wouldn't do anything wrong. Hopefully.