What If I Can't Forget You?

Don't ruin a perfect thing.

When I got home, I went straight into the bedroom. I changed into my pj's and got in the bed. I turned on the TV, but I wasn't gonna watch it anyway. I was going to lay in the bed, be miserable and depressed. I was stupid, I knew it, because by acting like that I was surely going to lose Mike. If I kept leaving when I felt bad, I wouldn't find him always waiting for me. But I really didn't know what to do. Sure, I could tell Olivia to back off, but I wasn't one to be a bitch.

I kept staring at the TV screen without even knowing what show was on. I heard someone come inside and the door closed. Mike was home. I quickly turned off the TV and the lights, leaned my head against the pillow and closed my eyes. Soon I could feel Mike get in the bed with me. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer.
”Sophie?” He whispered in to my ear. I could feel his lips on the soft skin under my ear. His hand moved up and down my thighs. I swallowed.
”I kind of know you're awake,” He whispered and kept kissing my neck.
”What are you doing?” I whispered.
”Kissing my girlfriend,” He told me.
”Why?”
”Because... Why not?” He pulled away from me and turned on the lights. ”What's wrong?”
”Nothing, I just want to sleep,” I mumbled.
”Are you mad at me?” He asked as he sat up. I turned around and faced him.
”No, I'm not mad at you,” I told him.
”Then what is it? Because I know you so damn well that I know you're not alright,” Mike said.
”If you know me so well, then you propably know what's wrong,” I muttered.
”Is this because of Olivia? Is that it? You're jealous?”
”Well, damn. Do you realize that I don't want you to be friends with her anymore? I have to be worried every time you're out,” I said.
”Do you think that I would cheat on you? Man, I thought we could trust each other.”
”No, I don't think you'd cheat on me. I'm just worried,” I said.
”Well that's fucking great. I've told you a thousand times that I do not like her. I don't know what's wrong with you, but I'm fucking sick of this,” He said and got up from the bed. He pulled on his jeans and a shirt and walked to the door.
”Where are you going, Mike?” I asked.
”I don't know, maybe to see Olivia.”
”You wouldn't.”
”Well maybe I will. You're gonna have to stop bitching around, because no one likes to be with a bitch.” He told me. My eyes went wide. Mike and I never really had fights. But when we did, it wasn't something we could fix easily. Neither one of us wanted to admit being wrong.
”Mike...”
”Why don't you think things through while I'm gone,” He told me before he left. I sighed and leaned my head back against the pillow. Damn.

The next morning I woke up alone. I remembered our fight and groaned as I realized that Mike really could be with Olivia at that moment. But I was sure he wouldn't do that to me. I took a shower and got dressed. After that I made my way downstairs into the kitchen. I ate breakfast and then picked up my phone. I called Mike.
”Yeah?”
”Hi, umm... Where are you?” I asked.
”Vic's place,” He said. Good.
”Are you coming home?” I asked quietly. He was silent for a while, until he cleared his throat.
”No.”
”Why?”
”Because I want you to realize that it's not okay for you to not trust me,” He said.
”I do realize that, Mike. I just... I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm losing my mind,” I muttered into the phone.
”Yeah, well... I'm coming to pick up some clothes later.” After that he ended the call. I sighed and put the phone down.

Later that day as I was sitting in the backyard, trying to get a tan, I heard someone walk in. I got up and walked inside. Mike was standing in the hallway, looking at me. I pulled on a shirt to cover my half naked body.
”Are you here to stay?” I asked. He shook his head.
”Nope.” He walked up the stairs and I followed him into our bedroom. He pulled out a bag and started to pack his clothes.
”This is only temporary, right?” I asked and sat down on the bed.
”Yeah. I just want you to think things through like I said,” He told me. He finished packing and walked closer to me. He leaned down to kiss my lips quickly.
”If something happens, you know where to find me,” He said as he walked to the door.
”Mike?”
”Yeah?”
”I love you,” I said. He flashed a smile before leaving.