What If I Can't Forget You?

What if I can't forget you?

For the next few months Mike and I had sex more than we'd ever had in our lives. We really were trying to get me pregnant and I could only hope it worked. And in fact, about a month later we took a test which said that I was pregnant. We went to see a doctor who confirmed it (saying that I was already six weeks pregnant) and at that moment I couldn't have been happier.

To celebrate that we went out with the PTV crew. We spent the night in some bar and everyone was drinking and having good time except for me. Don't get me wrong, I loved being with Mike and the band and the rest of the gang but when everyone else was drunk and I wasn't, it got pretty boring.

A few hours after we'd got there, I saw Ashley. She walked past our table with her hubby Freddie. I'd been staying still for a few hours and my feet didn't seem to work as I got up and ran after Ashley. I grabbed her arm and she turned around. Her face lit up as she saw me.
”Sophie!” She exclaimed and pulled me into a hug. She'd been holding Freddie's hand so it was kind of a group hug more than just a hug.
”Hey how are you? Who are you with?” Ashley asked as we'd pulled away from each other.
”Oh, I'm with Mike and his friends,” I said, ”What about you? Just the two of you?”
”No, actually...” Ashley started and then looked at her husband.
”We're with Sam and a few other friends,” Freddie said quickly. Oh. Okay. I had no idea that I'd been in the same place with my ex. At least I hadn't seen him yet which was always a plus.
”Oh, okay. Cool,” I said. At that point the whole conversation became pretty awkward.
”Well, anyway, it was nice to see...” I trailed off as I saw Sam walking towards us.
”Hey, mate!” Sam cheered as he wrapped his arms around Ashley and Sam's shoulders. Then his eyes landed on me and he smirked. He was drunk.
”Sophie, long time no see!” He exclaimed. ”How's your boyfriend been treating you? Is he still better than me?”
”Sam, stop it,” I muttered and bit my lip.
”Come on, Sophie, is he here? I want to see him,” He said.
”I'm going to go now,” I told them and turned around and began to walk back to our table. I felt someone grab my arm and saw Sam walking next to me, holding my arm tightly.
”Don't touch me,” I told him but he didn't let go. I tried to push him away but he was stronger than me.

We'd walked to our table but unfortunately I didn't see anyone there. I tried to look around me but I didn't see one person that I knew. Shit.
”Well? Where's your Mr. Perfect?” Sam asked with a laugh as I sat down. He finally let go of me and sat down next to me.
”I don't know, okay? Will you please go away?” I asked and looked at him. You know how usually you miss your ex boyfriend? How seeing him makes you miss him even more? You just want to touch him, be close to him and kiss him? Well, that didn't happen to me. I didn't even want to see Sam, let alone kiss him.
”No, I want to see Mike,” Sam said, ”You know what's funny? I had a girlfriend a few months ago and she was a huge fan of your boyfriend's band. I had to dump her. I couldn't stand the fact that she liked your boyfriend so much.”
”That's sucks. Now go away,” I muttered. He just laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks girls for the comments, they really make my days!