What If I Can't Forget You?

*** money, we want love.

A few minutes later Mike and Tony walked to our table. I lifted my head up from the table, where I'd been resting it, and looked at Mike. He was glaring at Sam, obviously knowing who he was.
”What the fuck are you doing here?” Mike spat at Sam. Sam had a smirk on his face as he looked at my boyfriend. Sam stood up and I did too. I walked to Mike, grabbing his hand and holding it tightly.
”Just came to see Sophie,” Sam said, ”You know, it's been a while. I've really missed her.”
”Well that's your own problem, isn't it? You can get out now,” Mike told him.
”No, I don't think I can,” Sam said, ”But I'd love to join you. Sophie, is that okay?”
”Sam, what do you want? It's been over a year,” I muttered with a sigh. It had been a great day, until I saw him.
”I just want to know how you've been,” Sam said with a shrug.
”No you don't. You're just playing some of your stupid games,” I told him.
”Well, then. Just answer one question and I'll be gone,” Sam started, ”Why did you leave me? What's so good about him?” Sam pointed at Mike. I squeezed Mike's hand and looked up at him. He was glaring at Sam.
”I've told you, Sam. Mike's been my best friend forever, I've loved him for years,” I said quietly.
”Well, congrats,” Sam muttered, ”I'm just wondering when you've become so chubby.”

My eyes went wide as I looked down at my body. Was I chubby? Jesus. I hope not. I hadn't really noticed myself, but then again, I could be wrong. Maybe others noticed it first.
”You were always so fucking skinny, I thought you'd snap...” Sam muttered and shook his head, ”It's not possible. But if... Fuck! Are you pregnant?” He suddenly exclaimed. My eyes went wide. Well he was going to find out sooner or later anyway, wasn't he?
”Yes, now please go away,” I mumbled.
”I can't believe you have a piece of that bastard inside of you,” Sam muttered and touched my stomach. And that made Mike snap. He grabbed a fistful of Sam's shirt and pushed him back. Sam tripped and fell to the floor.
”Fuck you and don't ever touch my girlfriend again, you piece of shit!” Mike shouted and kicked Sam's stomach. And then kicked his head. Wow. I'd never seen Mike so furious. Ever.

Tony, who had been quiet for the whole time, grabbed Mike's arms and began to walk him out of the place. I followed them outside. Immediately Mike lit up a cigarette and leaned his back against the brick wall.
”What a fucking idiot,” Mike muttered and closed his eyes. ”Did he do anything to you? Are you okay?” He suddenly asked and looked at me.
”No, I'm fine,” I mumbled quietly.
”So... That was your ex?” Tony asked. I looked at him and nodded. My day was ruined. I'd been so damn happy in the morning and now I was feeling miserable. Not only because I saw Sam, but because Mike was now upset, too.
”I think you two should go home,” Tony said after a pause, ”I'll tell everyone what happened.”
”Yeah, that's propably a good idea,” I admitted and looked at Mike who was glaring at the ground.
”Come on, honey,” I murmured and grabbed Mike's hand. He threw away the cigarette as I led him back to my car.

The drive back home was quiet. Neither one of us said a word. I was tired as I opened the door so I walked straight into our bedroom. Mike went out to have a smoke. I pulled on my pj's and got in the bed.

A few minutes later Mike walked into the bedroom. He started to pull off his jeans.
”I swear to god if I ever see him again...” Mike trailed off and shook his head as he joined me in the bed.
”Let's just forget him, okay? I don't want him to be in our lives,” I murmured quietly. Mike turned off the lights and laid back down, closing his eyes.
”That fucking piece of shit...” He muttered and let out a sigh. But why was Mike so upset? Obviously he didn't want Sam to touch me. But he might've hurt his feelings too by saying, that I had a piece of that bastard (Mike) inside of me. Either way, I felt bad.
”You know what's the only thing that matters?” I whispered and turned my head so that I could look at him. His eyes met mine.
”What?”
”I love you,” I murmured and smiled softly. He leaned closer to kiss me.
”I love you too, Sophie.”