What If I Can't Forget You?

Sometimes love dies like a dog.

About two hours later I rang the doorbell. A moment later I could see my brother as he opened the door. I'd never been to their house but as I walked through it, to the livingroom, I noticed how big it was. Apparently my brother was doing fine. He had money, a beautiful wife and a baby.
”So, I see you're quite knocked up,” Ben said as I sat down on a couch. I let out a laugh and nodded.
”So it seems,” I said.
”Are you sure that's what you want?” Ben asked. Aww he'd always been so solicitous.
”Well, I guess it's too late to back away now anyway,” I said with a shrug.
”I guess so,” He said with a nod. I turned to look at a woman in the doorway watching us. She was holding a baby so I guessed she was Ben's wife.
”Sophie, this is my wife, Amanda,” Ben said and pointed at Amanda. Amanda walked to us and sat down next to my brother on the other couch.
”And that's our daughter,” Amanda said with a smile as she looked down at the baby in her arms.
”What's her name?” I asked. The baby looked really adorable. But then again, didn't every baby look cute and adorable?
”She doesn't have a name yet,” The both of them said at the same time. Then they looked at each other and smiled. Oh god, they were too cute. They were a perfect couple. And they had a perfect baby. Oh my gosh, they were just perfect!
”Oh okay.”
”Are you hungry yet?” Ben asked me. I nodded.

After we'd finished eating, Mike called me. We talked for a while. He asked how I was doing and told him where I was. He said he was glad I wasn't anywhere near Sam or his gang.

When I ended the call, I walked into the livingroom where they were. The baby was sleeping already in her room, so it was just the three of us now.
”Was it your boyfriend?” Ben asked.
”Yeah.”
”How is he? How are you two? Last time you were having a fight...”
”We're all good,” I told them, ”Otherwise I wouldn't have a baby with him.”

We talked for a while but then I got really tired and decided to leave. They walked me to the door and I hugged the both of them.
”Oh, hey Ben... I was thinking about Great-Aunt Pippa... And then about mom and dad...”
”Yeah?”
”How are they doing? I haven't seen them in like... 10 years,” I murmured and looked at him. Ben had a puzzled look on his face as he looked at the ground.
”You want the truth?” He asked quietly. Amanda looked at us before walking away. I guess she understood that it was something we wanted to talk about alone.
”Please.” I nodded.
”They don't... Really talk about you,” Ben muttered and shook his head. I couldn't help but feel disappointed. What was I expecting? I didn't really talk about them either, why would they talk about me? I hadn't been a part of their life in years.
”But... They do have a picture of you on the wall,” He told me. Did that make me feel any better? No, not really. But I'm glad that they atleast remembered that they had a daughter.
”Hey, Ben?”
”Yeah?”
”The next time you see them... Could you tell them I'm going to have a baby?” I asked. Maybe they didn't want to know how I was doing. But I wanted them to know. ”I want them to know that.”
”Yeah, of course,” Ben forced a smile on his face as he pulled me into another hug. I was about to leave, when I turned to look at him again.
”Ben? I'm glad we can meet each other even though...” I trailed off and shrugged.
”You know what, Sophie? I'm sure Tom would like to see you too,” Ben said. Thomas was my oldest brother. I hadn't seen him either in years. Actually, I hadn't even thought about him. We were never that close. Propably because he was so much older than me and Ben.
”Yeah... Maybe one day,” I said with a sigh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, even though not so many reads this, I'm going to keep updating this because it has been one of my favourite stories to write for months, now.

Thanks for the great comments DanielleQuiseng and Confide.