What If I Can't Forget You?

Will you fall in love again?

A few hours later I found myself knocking on the front door at my parents' place. I was a bit scared, to be honest. I hadn't seen them in ten years. I didn't even remember what they looked like. Only a few seconds later the door opened and I saw a woman standing in front of me. Was THAT my mother? She looked really old, but as I looked closer, she did look a bit like my mother.
”Sophie?” She asked and narrowed her eyes as she looked at me. Oh that look on her face was enough to let me know it really was her.
”Err, yes.”
”You look... Good,” She commented as her eyes went down to my stomach. ”When are you... How long...”
”I still have two months to go,” I told her after a moment, already guessing what she had been trying ask. She nodded.
”You're not married, are you?” She asked, looking down at my left hand.
”Uh, no.”
”Okay.” We stood there awkwardly for a moment before she forced a smile on her face.
”Well, come on in,” She said and let me in.

I followed her into the livingroom, where I saw Ben and two other men sitting on the couch. The oldest one was my father, I think, and the other guy must've been my oldest brother Thomas.
”Hi Sophie,” Ben exclaimed and got up from the couch. He walked to me and pulled me into a hug. At least someone was happy to see me!

We all sat in the livingroom for a while. It was pretty awkward, to be honest. I was the only one who didn't say anything, because I felt pretty much left out. They all had been in touch with each other before that day. So of course I wasn't as much part of the family.

Then we ate dinner together, which was really awkward too. No one really said anything, everyone just focused on eating.
”So, uh, Sophie...” Thomas started and I looked up from my food. ”Are you going to get married to Mike?”
”No, erm, we don't want to get married,” I told him.
”Why?” My dad asked suddenly. I looked at him.
”It's not just really us. I can't picture us getting married,” I explained.
”Why would you have a child with a man who you're not going to marry?” Mom asked. Oh my god, why did they have to ask things like that? I barely knew answers to there questions, anyway.
”Maybe because I love him and I want to spend the rest of my life with him,” I said quietly. After that, no one said anything before we had finished eating.

I left after we'd finished because I didn't want to be there anymore. I don't know what I had been waiting for, but I sure as hell didn't think it would turn out be such an awkward and stupid night.

When I got home, Mike was already sleeping in the bedroom. I found this weird, because he always went to sleep at like 4 AM and woke up around 3 PM. I opened the door into our bedroom and walked to the bed quietly. As I walked closer, I could smell beer.
”Mike! Have you been drinking?” I hissed. A moment later his eyes fluttered open and he glared at me. He lifted his head up.
”Sure!”
”With who? Where?” I asked and sat down on the bed.
”Well, uh...” He scratched the back of his head, making his hair even more messier. ”With Olivia.” My eyes shot wide open as I stared at him in horror. With Olivia? With his ex who I hated so much?
”Why?”
”She called me, and uh... She's in our guestroom,” He mumbled before leaning his head against the pillow again and closing his eyes.

Wait, what?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, hi! How is everybody doing today?

Thanks to DanielleQuiseng, callmeadreamer and Confide. for your comments, much love girls!