What If I Can't Forget You?

Besitos / The finale

”This must be the best Christmas ever,” Mike mumbled as he held me against his side. I could only nod my head as I stared at out baby. Our baby girl. She was so small it felt unreal. Her eyes were closed and she was sleeping in my arms.

”She's so cute...” I mumbled and couldn't help but smile.

I felt really proud. I had made this baby. Mike and I had made this wonderful little person who had just changed my whole life. I think I realized that she was my number one now. Nothing else mattered. She was the meaning of my life now, even though she had been there only for a few hours. The past nine months that she had been inside of me had made me love her so much. And now I could show it, I could tell her and show her how much I loved her. She was perfect.

”I'm really tired,” I said quietly, ”But I don't want to let go of her.”

”Well, it's my turn to hold her anyway so you can get some sleep,” Mike said and took the baby from me without waking her up.

”Fine,” I said and sighed as I lay down on the bed again, ”Are your parents coming over soon?”

”I guess they're on their way. And Vic should be here soon, too,” Mike said as he got up from the bed and walked to the chair and sat down. He kept his eyes glued on our child.

”Could you try to be quiet? I could really use some sleep,” I mumbled and yawned as I closed my eyes.

”Yeah. Sophie?”

”Yes?”

”Thanks. Thanks for making this possible. I love you. The both of you,” Mike said. I smiled before falling asleep.

When I woke up, the whole room was very quiet. I opened my eyes and looked around, only to notice that Mike was asleep on the floor again and the baby wasn't anywhere to be seen. My heart skipped a beat as I sat up.

”Mike!” I hissed, ”Mike!”

”What?” he muttered without opening his eyes.

”Where's the baby?”

”With mom. She wanted to have a moment with her,” Mike muttered.

”Oh. Why are you on the floor?”

”Because you're on the bed.”

”Well... It's big enough for the both of us,” I said and shrugged. He opened his eyes and sat up.

”Is it?” he got up from the floor and got in the bed with me. He pulled me against his chest and I buried my face in his neck, taking a deep breath in.

”I love you,” I mumbled and gave his neck a kiss.

”I love you too. Everything we've been through was worth all this,” he whispered, ”And I'm sorry for, uh, last night. I was pretty fucked up.”

”We were both throwing up together. It was pretty gross,” I admitted.

”Oh yeah? I can remember Vic shouting at me when all I wanted to do was sleep. Fucking ass,” he muttered and kissed the top of my head.

”He's a good brother, Mike,” I said and closed my eyes.

-

”Don't wake her up,” I heard Mike's quiet voice but I was too tired to open my eyes. I still felt his body next to mine and his arms around me.

”Mike? You made a good baby, you two.” It was Vic who said it.

”I know we did. If it wasn't good, it wouldn't be ours,” Mike mumbled. Someone laughed. It must've been their mother.

”So what's going to happen now?” their mom asked.

”I'm stuck with my girls for the next 18 years, that's what,” Mike told them.

”You're not ”stuck” with them. You can't even live without them. We all know it,” Vic said.

”Maybe that's true...”

”I'm so proud of you. All of you,” their mother said quietly, ”You've turned out to be such great boys. You've given me everything a mother could ask for.”

”This is getting sappy.”

”I'm glad I have great kids like you two,” she said with a happy sigh.

I was glad I had an awesome boyfriend, an adorable baby, Vic, the rest of their band and their families. And even though my own family wasn't there for me, I knew I still had a family. My own family; Mike and the baby. It was a new start for all of us and I was going to make sure that, from that moment on, I would do anything to make it a good one. Our baby would get everything she needed. She would be loved so much it hurt.

And in the end, I couldn't have been happier. My life was awesome and it would only get better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oi, so, this is the last chapter! I know I haven't really updated this that much so that's why I decided to end this now and not write about their life after the baby was born.
A huge thank you to everyone who took their time to read and comment, I'm happy if you enjoyed reading this! Much love everyone!