What If I Can't Forget You?

Maybe we're meant to lose the ones we love, but I'll fight for you till then.

As hard as I tried, I just couldn't fall asleep. I was thinking about everything and that kept me awake. Mike was dead asleep next to me, with his arm over my stomach. He was sleeping soundly and I was listening to his steady breathing. I liked being close to him. I had missed it over the years. I knew, that when Mike left, I would get hurt. Being away from was never good to me. Mike moved slightly which pulled me out of my thoughts.
”Are you awake?” I heard his muffled voice.
”Yeah,” I said softly. I felt his hand wrap around my torso and he pulled me closer to him. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.
”Mikey?” I asked after a while. It was silent for a while, until I heard his voice.
”Yeah?”
”I can't sleep,” I told him quietly.
”Why?”
”I can't stop thinking about you leaving,” I whispered. He held his breath for a second, until he lifted his head up.
”I'm not going anywhere in a few weeks, so stop worrying,” He said. His hair was messy and sticking up and he looked very tired. In other words, he looked absolutely adorable.
”Yeah, but... I'm going to miss you,” I said. He sighed and moved a tuft of my hair behind my ear.
”Can we talk about this in the morning?” He asked softly.
”Yeah, I'm sorry I woke you up,” I said. He rested his head back against the pillow and closed his eyes.
”It's okay. Goodnight, love.”

In the morning when I woke up, it felt like I had been asleep for an hour only. I was so tired and all I wanted was to sleep, but Mike had other plans.
”Come on, Soph, wake up,” He was nudging my shoulder gently. I groaned and opened my eyes. The sun light made me blind for a few seconds, and then I could see Mike's face in front of mine. He was smiling.
”Can I sleep for a few more hours?” I mumbled and tried to bury my face in my hands, but Mike pulled my arms down.
”No,” He said, ”We're going to see my parents.” I opened my eyes and stared at him.
”Why?”
”Because they want to see us,” He stated.
”Us?”
”Well, Vic and me. But I want them to see you, too. And you don't have anything better to do,” He said and kissed me quickly. When he went to the shower, I drifted back to sleep. And when he came back, he picked me up from the bed and forced me into the shower. I tried to fight back, but I wasn't as strong as he was.