Sessions Spent Alive

Dinner

Sweets found the rest of the day to go excruciatingly slow. He was slightly worried at first, but realized he had files about Tanna, what she liked, and favorite things. It would be easy for him to order or cook something she’d love. He made a mental note to stop by her favorite Italian Bakery. He hoped that his encounter with Daisy was enough to keep her away from his apartment tonight. He felt strangely detached and superior now that he had gone and done the unthinkable. He was sleeping, casually with a patient. Of course she wasn’t really his patient, they switch was supposed to temporary until after the trial, however Sweets hoped that he could continue their relationship somehow.

He spent his later sessions dreaming about the silky skin he had gotten to touch that morning, it left a guilty smile plastered to his face all day. Booth nudged him in the hall and said: “Someone looks happy.” Lance gulped at air that seemed to be thin. He nodded his head and tried to look away inconspicuously. “Things with Daisy goin’ well?” he asked with an even bigger grin on his face.

“Agent Booth, I’d rather not discuss personal matters here at work.”

“Well that’s all good cause you owe me lunch anyway.” Booth said putting his arm around Sweets neck and leading him towards the elevator. Sweets took in a deep breath and tried to put on the calmest face he could.

The one man that intimidated him most was Agent Seeley Booth.

***

He sat across from the well known FBI agent. Seeley Booth ordered a slice of Cherry pie and a cup of coffee. Lance only ordered coffee and fries in hopes that it would speed up the incredibly awkward and odd lunch he was having.

“So tell me about that girl, the one who was in here the other day.” Booth said.

Lance choked on the potato that had easily been sliding down his throat a moment before, “Come’on Sweets, chew your food.” Booth added.

Lance nodded his head and made a fist to cover his mouth while trying to clear his throat. “Fine. Fine” he choked out between bits of fried potato.

“So we’ve got nothing to worry about? I mean when that girl got transferred down here I was a little worried she might… ya know… ‘off herself’.”

“Well it seems she’s managed to stay clear of that.” Lance said, a little offended for the girl he so fancied.

“Don’t get me wrong, her killing herself helps no one but Jones – leaves me with no case and that bastard walks free.”

“Well that seems to help her with it, getting that Justice.”

“So then what else is there?” Booth asked. “I mean you’re her doctor, what happens when Jones is behind bars and she’s got nothin’ else?”

“Well I was thinking of opting for a request to keep her on… maybe keeping her with someone familiar-“

“Nah the Deputy Director wouldn’t allow his own FBI psychologist to waste his time on some citizen. You’re supposed to deal with in office affairs, and open cases.”

“Well I just thought it was so trivial-“

“Yeah Sweets, I know you always think right, but Kirby’s not gonna’ allow it, so your time is best spent picking the doctor most likely to help her after she testifies this weekend.”

“I guess you’re right Agent Booth.” Lance wasn’t touching his food, he merely sipped the hot drink in his hand while he tried to control the slight anger building within him. Agent Booth always talked over him, he was a good man, but he didn’t always see the bigger picture. Lance hoped that maybe Tanna was interested in keeping him around after the trial; he hoped that she was planning on sticking around in general.
_________________________________________________________

Lance waited at the oven thirty seconds before the timer went off. He was heating the bread for dinner, he knew that Tanna had liked pasta – and the only thing he knew went with Pasta was Italian bread. He was beginning to wonder if Tanna’s roots didn’t go back to an Italian family, ‘Fleet’ certainly wasn’t Italian, but perhaps he father had been.

Sweets was still a little rattled from his awkward and stressful lunch with Booth. He meant to talk to Tanna tonight about what this could possibly be. Was it more than a short fling to entertain them? Sweets casually looked at himself in the mirror, he was happy to be comfortable in dark denim and a Nazareth t-shirt.

His chest fluttered when her heard a faint knock at his apartment door. He opened it to see a smiling girl. He was relived to see her in a relaxed outfit, and she seemed pleasantly surprised when she caught a whiff of the fresh Italian aroma that filled his apartment.

He took her coat from her and ushered her to the table where she gladly took a seat and retained her pleasant smile.

“Seems like someone went all out.” She said.

“No, not me.” He said casually. “I would’ve worn a suit.”

“Heavy Metal,” she said eyeing the shirt, “suits you.”

“Thanks, I thought so too.” He added while placing a plate of food in front of her.

Together they wasted a couple hours conversing about things like Heavy Metal, Yoga, Italian, Painting, and Piano. They stayed away from the drugs, from the pain, and from anything work related. And before the hour was late they both were pleasantly stimulated by the intricate conversation they had.

Lance found that they were amidst a slight silence between them. And he took the opportunity to ask the question he had been slightly avoiding.

“Tanna…” he began slowly, “what are we?”

“Lovers?” she quickly answered sipping at her glass of red wine.

“That’s all? No more than Lovers?” he asked, he kept a smile on his face to express his ease on the situation.

“Well no more had been interpreted.” She said.

“What if… I offer more?” he asked her, “Would it be interpreted then?”

“Of course the interpretation would occur,” she said, “but would it be accepted – is the real question.”

“Right. Well then, Tanna Fleet – you know what had been offered, interpret it as you will, and I will pray that you accept.”

“Oh you will now?” she said eyeing him closely. “Why would you offer me such a thing? I am after all… your patient. Your crazy, suicidal, hot patient.”

“Because Tanna,” Lance said pulling her closer to him and wrapping his arms aroung her small frame, “I am completely infatuated with you.” Lance let his stubble covered face kiss her soft skin. He left a small trail of sweet kisses across her chin and down her neck. And he felt a little less worried when Tanna kept her body pressed against his, and let small moans escape her lips.

Lance continued to let her feel these things, but it wasn’t long before he had to drag her to his bedroom to complete the task. After pulling the clothes from one another he took a moment to admire her slender figure in the moonlight that entered his bedroom. He felt inclined to wrap his arms around her just so he could feel her silky skin against his. She held no protest in being protected and loved. Lance knew as her psychologist that was what she craved. But Lance felt like it was what he wanted too. So together they made love on his bed, it wasn’t until after midnight that they both feel atop the sheets panting and sweating. Lance instinctively curled his arm around her neck as Tanna nestled herself within the nook of his shoulder. Her soft breathing lulled him to sleep after he had watched her for some time.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for taking weeks, I wont make excuses. But this story is low on my priority with the other two I'm writing. But things are picking up now. Excitement to come! Let me know what you think. <3